PDA

View Full Version : Steelers just got a Tumor???

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
As in Amani Toomer. I wouldn't mind him as our 3rd Wr for the next 2 years--I know he is old, but the boy still has alot left. Give one more year for Sweed to see if he can stick with the team. Thoughts?

I also hope we sign a top tier G OR T and let go of M SMith and M starks--Seems like when Starks gets his money he will start sucking it again and being lazy.

Sign a T and draft a G--Resign Colon and Kemo.

Mel Blount's G
01-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Not I, not interested. Drops have been a problem in the past plus I think sweed has a break out season next year. Don't want the gint has-beens.

Def agree with the o-line priorities and with resigning kemo. Not sure I like Colon, especially at tackle. Let marv go but also not sure about starks. Really don't wanna go through a "rebuilding" stage w/ the oline while ben is in his prime but might have to be done since signing a huge $ FA is typically not the "steeler way" Plus, I doubt there's an OL 1st year starter on the board at our 32 pick

sd steel
01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Sweed will be fine, and Toomer is 35. No thanks.

SteelBucks
01-24-2009, 02:56 PM
The team has more pressing needs than WR.

RuthlessBurgher
01-24-2009, 04:11 PM
As in Amani Toomer. I wouldn't mind him as our 3rd Wr for the next 2 years--I know he is old, but the boy still has alot left. Give one more year for Sweed to see if he can stick with the team. Thoughts?

I also hope we sign a top tier G OR T and let go of M SMith and M starks--Seems like when Starks gets his money he will start sucking it again and being lazy.

Sign a T and draft a G--Resign Colon and Kemo.

SMF...I suggest that you visit a protologist for a colorectal cancer screening. The three guys you suggested signing are Toomer, Colon, and Kemo. Get yourself checked out...just to make sure that you don't have a Tumor in your Colon that requires Chemo.
:wink:

http://www.citata.com.ua/image/photo/proctologist1_1.jpg

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I know there are other pressing needs--I haven't looked at great deal at FAgents. But I just watched back to back drops by Sweed catches my 3 year old could of made. I am rooting for the guy more than others but ya have to wonder when those drops are going to cost us games! There is not much there in the FA Market with wideouts--unless you guys wanna sign Houshyomomma. In signing Colon, I just don't wanna mess with the o-line to much as chemistry plays a major factor and they have looked good of late--Sign a top tier T and draft a G and let them dual it out!!!

Acero
01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Just keep this in mind -- many fans in Steeler Nation were calling Polamalu a bust after his rookie season; many were also calling Timmons a wasted pick after his rookie season.

My point? Simple: let's see what Sweed can do in his first two or three years in the league before we start looking for somebody to replace him.

Ozey74
01-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Just keep this in mind -- many fans in Steeler Nation were calling Polamalu a bust after his rookie season; many were also calling Timmons a wasted pick after his rookie season.

My point? Simple: let's see what Sweed can do in his first two or three years in the league before we start looking for somebody to replace him.

$$ :Agree

AngryAsian
01-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Mark it down. Sweed will be a beast next year.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Mark it down. Sweed will be a beast next year.

I hope your right--Like I said before my wife and I cheered like crazy when we got him in the 2nd rnd--I also looked at last season's draft mag I got and calls Sweed a leader and a guy whol studies film and works to get better--So there is hope!