PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin versus Whiz

flippy
01-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Whiz - "This is what it's all about. We're NFC Champs"

Tomlin - "Miles to go before we sleep.", "We got work to do", "It's not about what you're capable of, but what you are willing to do, and we've got a willing group."

Tomlin is so wize beyond his years. He coaches like he's been here before many times.

His perspective is gonna lead this team to victory.

AZ's heads are not right going into the SuperBowl.

They've had their victory.

The Steelers still have work to do.

And miles to go before we sleep.

Steelgal
01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Something similiar was brought up on NFLN last night. Rodney Harrison was a guest host and he commented on how after they won in Arizona, there was confetti and players were crying. That it was like their championchip or something. You didn't see that in Pittburgh after we won.

rpmpit
01-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Something similiar was brought up on NFLN last night. Rodney Harrison was a guest host and he commented on how after they won in Arizona, there was confetti and players were crying. That it was like their championchip or something. You didn't see that in Pittburgh after we won.

As much as I DESPISE Rodney, I did agree with a lot of what he had to say last night. I also liked that he said if we go up by 14, the Cards won't be able to make a comeback on our defense.

One other thing, did you guys notice how angry he got at Jamie Dukes when discussing Cassel?? I like Dukes, but there are times when he sounds like a moron with some of his statements.

rpmpit
01-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Whiz - "This is what it's all about. We're NFC Champs"

Tomlin - "Miles to go before we sleep.", "We got work to do", "It's not about what you're capable of, but what you are willing to do, and we've got a willing group."

Tomlin is so wize beyond his years. He coaches like he's been here before many times.

His perspective is gonna lead this team to victory.

AZ's heads are not right going into the SuperBowl.

They've had their victory.

The Steelers still have work to do.

And miles to go before we sleep.

Great post, flip. I think a lot of our come-from-behind wins this year had a lot to do with Tomlin's mature, calm and confident approach to the game. Take nothing away from Ben - I just think the two guys work very well together and compliment each other perfectly. Number 6 is in the bag!!!! :tt1

LasVegasGuy
01-24-2009, 12:34 PM

As much as I DESPISE Rodney, I did agree with a lot of what he had to say last night. I also liked that he said if we go up by 14, the Cards won't be able to make a comeback on our defense.

One other thing, did you guys notice how angry he got at Jamie Dukes when discussing Cassel?? I like Dukes, but there are times when he sounds like a moron with some of his statements.

Dukes was absolutely right. Rodney said that he has had the luxury of playing behind 2 "GREAT" quarterbacks. Dukes interupted and let him know before you slap the "GREAT" label on him maybe he should take a step back. Dukes said Cassell hasn't started since high school and has been a backup since entering the league. He also said it isn't very difficult to drop back and find Welker or Moss. Dukes was keeping it real. He said before significant amount of money is thrown at him maybe owners should take a step back first because all too often guys who have no proven themselves beyond one year or no years get big money contracts. I agree fully with what Dukes was saying I'm glad he put Rodney in his place.

mshifko
01-24-2009, 12:53 PM
this is why i am such a fan of tomlin...little analogies, sayings if you will, all point to his maturity and disposition on things...he'll be a great HC regardless of this super bowl outcome

AngryAsian
01-24-2009, 01:25 PM
The real testament to how great a leader Tomlin is, is that his players, when being interviewed by the media, all pretty much reverberate his sentaments. Most notable prior to the Ravens matchup in the AFCCG. Full credit and notable positive comments regarding the opposing team. Not only classy and professional, but when you note the strengths of an opponent, you most certainly aren't going to underestimate your opponent. That's the strength of this year's squad, they never overlook the upcoming matchup and prepare "business as usual." Love the saying "Chance favors the prepared mind." I think "chance" has been on our side all season.

TallyStiller
01-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Dukes was absolutely right. Rodney said that he has had the luxury of playing behind 2 "GREAT" quarterbacks. Dukes interupted and let him know before you slap the "GREAT" label on him maybe he should take a step back. Dukes said Cassell hasn't started since high school and has been a backup since entering the league. He also said it isn't very difficult to drop back and find Welker or Moss. Dukes was keeping it real. He said before significant amount of money is thrown at him maybe owners should take a step back first because all too often guys who have no proven themselves beyond one year or no years get big money contracts. I agree fully with what Dukes was saying I'm glad he put Rodney in his place.

Look no further than Derek Anderson in Cleveland. One year wonder with a $24 million contract. Korkie went to the Pro Bowl before other teams figured him out. Will be interesting to see if Cassell can do it over the long haul.

mshifko
01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Look no further than Derek Anderson in Cleveland. One year wonder with a $24 million contract. Korkie went to the Pro Bowl before other teams figured him out. Will be interesting to see if Cassell can do it over the long haul.

i think cassell, playing in a good collegiate system at USC and learning from one of the best QB's in the game in brady, will make him a legit NFL QB...there are quite a few guys i would take before cassell, but i think he's a starter in this league

NorthCoast
01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Tomlin's knack for saying the right thing at the right time is one of his strongest coaching points. He already has labeled the Superbowl... "this isn't about me, it's about the Pittsburgh Steelers". He has completely deflected the media angle of the Whiz being rejected by the Rooneys and rightly put the spotlight on the team.

The other perfect statement came when Sweed dropped the ball last week and lay on the ground. When Sweed got back to the sideline and Tomline said "next time get up and save your team a time out". He didn't say "save us a time out", or "save a time out." This is subtle but absolutely flawless pyschology. This was Sweed's team he let down, not the coach or fans or some other nebulous entity. I think it is these kinds of statements that have won the players over.

AngryAsian
01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Tomlin's knack for saying the right thing at the right time is one of his strongest coaching points. He already has labeled the Superbowl... "this isn't about me, it's about the Pittsburgh Steelers". He has completely deflected the media angle of the Whiz being rejected by the Rooneys and rightly put the spotlight on the team.

The other perfect statement came when Sweed dropped the ball last week and lay on the ground. When Sweed got back to the sideline and Tomline said "next time get up and save your team a time out". He didn't say "save us a time out", or "save a time out." This is subtle but absolutely flawless pyschology. This was Sweed's team he let down, not the coach or fans or some other nebulous entity. I think it is these kinds of statements that have won the players over.

http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/money.jpg

eniparadoxgma
01-25-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't know what you guys are smoking.

This overpaid janitor has a long way to go to win me over...with his emotionless, robotic, overpaid...janitoring.

What a :loser

bostonsteeler
01-25-2009, 10:39 AM

This overpaid janitor has a long way to go to win me over...with his emotionless, robotic, overpaid...janitoring.

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :D :D :D

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 01:54 AM

Emotionless, robotic janitoring, eh?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/WickedH/cho2006jets110and168c.jpg

:wink: