PDA

View Full Version : WHich is Worse

flippy
01-23-2009, 02:20 PM
2 Weeks of Waiting for the SuperBowl.

or

After the SuperBowl is finished.

I'm goings nuts with anticipation. I can't take it. But I know it'll be sad when the season is over.

Jooser
01-23-2009, 02:28 PM
That's a tough decision, but I'd probably have to go with waiting for the Super Bowl.

Mel Blount's G
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
After it's over. Because at least I still have something to look forward to now whereas afterwards I just sit around waiting for playoff hockey to start (and that is not a sufficient substiute for football)

Djfan
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I have thought about this too. I don't know.

Discipline of Steel
01-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Id say after the season is over, especially if we happen to lose for some reason. Life just seems desolate in February/March without football.

NC Steeler Fan
01-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Ohhhh, it ALL depends on the outcome of the game...

Winning somehow erases all ill feelings...and basking in sucess can heal
all wounds.... :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
At least there is only two-and-a-half months worth of mock drafts after the Super Bowl...Folks in Cleveland and Cincy have been in full-blown mock draft mode since roughly midseason.

:brownssuck :bungalssuck :tt2 :Steel :tt1

Ozey74
01-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Without question, the day after the Super Bowl. Even during the week leading up to the Super Bowl, there is alot of media coverage on the NFL (this year is sweeter cuz our Steelers are involved). After the Super Bowl, the coverage gets scaled back big time.

Sugar
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Waiting for the game is worse, IMO. I like the off-season stuff, but waiting to see how the game unfolds is tough.

Discipline of Steel
01-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I think it would be worse waiting for the game if I was an Arizona fan.

MeetJoeGreene
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Waiting for the SuperBowl is worse.

After the SuperBowl comes a season full of FA signings, Draft, photoshopping, minicamps...etc.

I am seriously thinking about resurrecting photoshopping soon.....

ramblinjim
01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Waiting for the Superbowl for me is tough. The anticipation is crazy rough.

Flasteel
01-23-2009, 05:04 PM
It's not a question of what's worse...it's a question of what's better. As long as we win, the offseason is 7 glorious months of bragging, watching SI commercials that begin with "Hey Steeler fans", and being recognized as kings of the hill. The weeks leading up to the big game are chocked full of Steeler news and information - it's almost overload.
That said, the offseason as reigning champs is far sweeter for me. :Boobs

SidSmythe
01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
This is easy ... the time period after the Superbowl. Especially the next Sunday!!! Terrible. I usually take naps on sundays due to depression for about 6 weeks after the superbowl

SteelerNation1
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I hate knowing that I wont be at another game for about 7 1/2 mos! :( :( :( :(

stlrz d
01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Waiting for the SuperBowl is worse.

After the SuperBowl comes a season full of FA signings, Draft, photoshopping, minicamps...etc.

I am seriously thinking about resurrecting photoshopping soon.....

Please? :D

frankthetank1
01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
definetly after the super bowl is worse. i hate waiting untill late august early september for week 1. i like college basketball and the nba ok but no where near how much i love the nfl. it also sucks waiting until the draft in april. that is the best part of the offseason imo

AngryAsian
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Without a doubt, the offseason. The offseason is so long and so dismal. This offseason will be quite different... BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!!!!

Northern_Blitz
01-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Depends on the outcome.

Steelgal
01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I would have to say after the Superbowl too. I'm not big into college football so the draft is pretty foreign to me breaking down different players/positions. I don't watch any other sport either, except those my kids play, so the offseason is always REALLY long......

jj28west
01-23-2009, 09:30 PM
After the Superbowl. I have to admit that although I like all competitive sports, nothing compares to football, esp Steeler Football. Maybe I sound a bit dramatic but I know I am normal when I see how many people make the Steelers a part of their life. I admit that I am spoiled also by the fact that the Steelers (minus some lean years here and there) have always put a competive product on the field.

Having said that , I admit I will never be satisfied and would always want perfection but at the same time I will still wear my Lloyd 95 Jersey even if they do go 0-16 next year.

This year is so special when you take a step back and witness at what that defense has accomplished (can they play offense?). OK, I rambled on enough. Damn, how am I going to fill this void until the draft?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Ohhhh, it ALL depends on the outcome of the game...

Winning somehow erases all ill feelings...and basking in sucess can heal
all wounds.... :wink:

I agree. I look forward to the NFL Draft and after that I am desperate for football.