View Full Version : Is it just me?...

NC Steeler Fan
01-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Or is anyone else kinda, sorta in a not-sure-why-but-it's-all-good
state of semi-shock that we are...

GOING to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!

I mean, yet again, so soon, with a second year rookie head coach
and a 'band of brothers'; who all seem to be characters from a favorite
movie that was the 2005/06 Super Bowl season?

At a point where most teams might be in a semi-rebuilding stage with
new coaches and play books.

I mean, sure, no Bus this time, Faneca's gone pouting, but still a family
of players that has seen not only some of the heart warming veterans
return, but a cadre of new stars emerge and a couple of backups and FA
signings come to play pivotal roles.

I have to keep reminding myself that we are actually going to the
Super Bowl and have a damn good team in doing so!!! Why? I don't know!!
It's kinda surreal????

Wow, next week is gonna be killer!!!!

rpmpit
01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
I hear ya, NC. Its like my reaction after SBXL. I almost couldn't believe after all those years of being so close that we finally got #5.

rpmpit
01-24-2009, 09:15 AM
I guess it IS just you and me, NC :lol:

TallyStiller
01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Looking at the schedule we played, how the seeds set up, who the competition was, and the way this defense was evoking memories of the '70's, I can honestly say I was expecting this. At the beginning of the season, I would've been shocked. After the loss to the Colts, ditto. But by the first week of January, I sensed opportunity and would've been disappointed if we WEREN'T here at the end.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey NC - I GOTTA FEELING!!!!

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I knew from the start of the season that this team, with all it's collective shortcomings, had the overall talent to go far barring injury.

I also knew if they could get to the SB if they could play well enough with the schedule they had because there were no clear favorites in the AFC and the Steelers didn't lose their butts in FA.

I'm not surprised that we are a week away from the SB and our guys are in it. They are playing the last game of the year. Win or lose, the season ends a week from today.

That said, the work isn't done. We are up against an opportunistic cinderella team with a potent offense. That means that the nose must stay on the grindstone for seven more days...and the eyes must stay on Lombardi #6.

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1