PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-23-2009, 08:47 AM
First off, I'm in the doghouse because I didn't go to my son's swim meet finals last week so I could watch the Baltimore game. My wife is p.o.'d at me big time.... "You chose a football game, 12 people you don't even know, over your SON!!". Uggh. (She's from A&M, that 12th man thing made an impression on her).

Now, this guy from my church is having a Superbowl party. Like I said on other threads, like most of you I get pretty intense during games, I sure don't want to be distracted by conversation like "Gee, who do you think is going to win this one?", and stuff. Also, I just ordered 2 6-packs of Iron City, don't know how well that will go over at a church function either.

But if I tell my wife I'm gonna watch at home, or at a Steeler bar, I'm SO hosed.

What to do, what to do ... help!!

frankthetank1
01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
is he a friend or just some guy from church? if its just some guy then there shouldnt be any problem with watching it at home. haha you missed your sons swim meet, that is some dedication!! i dont think i could miss anything like that with my daughter but i do have the luxury of dvr so i never have to make those decisions.

proudpittsburgher
01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
You have to sit her down and talk with her about this. It took my wife quite a few years to understand my love and loyalty to the Steelers. She wasn't much into sports and not from Pittsburgh, so she didn't get it, but she eventually did. Her family, still isn't there, but she's got my back. Also, try and figure out something that she can relate to and feels pasionate about. Tell her stories of your experiences with the Steelers, fans. My advice, make a compromise. Do some things during the week for her and your son. Basically, do what I did. Tell her you love her and your family, show her you are always willing and able to put the time in, but this is the Super Bowl and it means a lot to you. She will come around.

MeetJoeGreene
01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I always tell my wife that I don't like going to parties where there are fans of the other team or anti-Steeler. She still doesn't get it, but I have established the precedent. I sometimes make a deal with going to a party that I don't want to in going to see the first half at the one place and then the second half at home/bar/my party.

Compromise.

flippy
01-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Do something nice for her outside of the 3 hours a week football is on.

phillyesq
01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Remember, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :lol: I'd skip out and watch the game at home.

I also like the suggestion of doing something nice for her outside of football. Send some flowers, do something with your son, and you should be good to go.

Djfan
01-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Sounds like you waited a bit long to establish the rules. Tough.

Good luck. We're all pulling for you!

Ozey74
01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Stay in. 25 years from now she wont even remember, but you sure will remember how you had to watch the Steelers in the SB at some lame Super Bowl party.

And do something nice! :lol:

:Beer

Steelgal
01-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Maybe just tell her that you can pretty intense during any Steelers game, let alone the Superbowl. And does she really want you to take a chance of behaving that way in front of church members? Tell her that even if you try to act like a 'normal' fan, it just might be work. Dh knows how I can get and would NEVER want me around a bunch of people during this game :tt1

stlrz d
01-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I remember a m*a*s*h episode involving Colonel Flagg wanting to stay in camp to "observe" but he was told he couldn't because there was no medical reason for him to be there.

He used the x-ray machine to break his own arm.

Worked...you could try it. :P

sd steel
01-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Why is your kid at a swim meet instead of watching the Steeler AFC Championship with you?

Every Sunday, September - January, me and the boy bond, watching our favorite team together. We have planned every weekend around it since he was 5 years old in 2004. He will not miss a game, and I have had a great time teaching him about the history of the franchise and all the great players of the past. If he is playing a sport during that time, we don't sign up if it not on Saturday's, or if it will interfere with our Steeler schedule.

One of the only games I missed with him was the November game last year against the Browns, his birthday weekend, when I went to Heinz to watch the game with my brother. I took my son to Disneyland the Saturday before I left, and his only stipulation was to bring back some autographs. I happened to meet up with Matt Spaeth at some sports bar on the strip after the game, and he signed it, then we found our way into Willie Parker's birthday party at Tequila Willys, and met up with Najeh "Dukie" Davenport, who signed and then big Chris Kemo who also signed it. To end the night we saw Big Ben in a parking lot around 1:30AM who put the final touches on my son's birthday present. Then I got him a throw back Lambert jersey for his Steeler wall of fame. Was he still alittle upset that I missed his birthday? yes, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices, and he cherishes everything I brought back, and he can't wait for me to take him there.

As far as the wife, she knows my passion for the Steelers, and that passion has made her a huge fan as well. So she is normally with us watching the games, especially the important ones. Steeler football is our church, and she knows there is no way in hell we are watching the Super Bowl with non-Steeler fans, because it's family time.

eniparadoxgma
01-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Do whatever the hell you want to. It's how I do things.

Of course, I am divorced. Happily.

:)

Acero
01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
When I first started dating the woman I'm with, I told her very clearly and in no uncertain terms:

"There are 168 hours every week. For five months, from September to January, all I ask from you is that you do NOT, under ANY circumstances, make any plans on my behalf for five hours on Sunday (1 pregame, 1 postgame). All I ask is that you give me my five hours every Sunday, sometimes Monday. And all will be well between us."

She undestands my passion for the Steelers. I laid out my ground rules from the start and haven't had any trouble with her over it. She's a 49ers fan, but she fully supports my Steelers passion and often makes delicious game time snacks for me and anybody else who might be joining me for the game.

SidSmythe
01-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Your dilemma is you don't have no authority over this woman. Grow a set and put her in her place. Be a man and quit ruining it for the rest of us.

stlrz d
01-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I can't believe no one else remembers that m*a*s*h episode. :oops:

Ozey74
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
When I first started dating the woman I'm with, I told her very clearly and in no uncertain terms:

"There are 168 hours every week. For five months, from September to January, all I ask from you is that you do NOT, under ANY circumstances, make any plans on my behalf for five hours on Sunday (1 pregame, 1 postgame). All I ask is that you give me my five hours every Sunday, sometimes Monday. And all will be well between us."

She undestands my passion for the Steelers. I laid out my ground rules from the start and haven't had any trouble with her over it. She's a 49ers fan, but she fully supports my Steelers passion and often makes delicious game time snacks for me and anybody else who might be joining me for the game.

Your spot on!!! When I first started dating my wife, her mom invited the entire family over for a cook out on a Sunday afternoon in September (during a Steeler game). She saw me the day before the event and told me that she is looking foward to seeing me the next day. I told her that I wouldn't be there and gave her my reason why. She looked at me like I had just cheated on her daughter. Since then, my wife and in-laws have grown to understand that I am not to be bothered during a Steeler game unless it's an emergency. They know that I love them all and will be apart of whatever they do, just not during Steeler games.

You have make it known from the start how it's gonna be during games. If you don't, your gonna be sorry.

My brother in-law (who is married to my wife's sister) didn't do this. Let me tell you how he spent his Sunday afternoons during week 1 thru 12 of this football season: Taking a Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace" from 1 to 3pm at their church.

He hated it.

If anybody who is reading this is still single, please remember what you have just read when they day comes when meet that "special someone".

:Cheers

sd steel
01-24-2009, 06:35 PM
I can't believe no one else remembers that m*a*s*h episode. :oops:

I remembered it, and it was funny. But if hopefully SA communicates with his wife so she knows that the Steelers are an important part of his life, as opposed to injuring himself so he doesn't have to leave his home.

I've been married for 13 years and together with wife for about 18, and we are happy as ever, but it is all about communication. I agree with the give and take thing, but I think he should make the Steelers a "family thing" and not a "me thing". It gives us something to root for together, and unlike many other NFL teams, the Steelers organization is a great example of hard work and perserverance. What better could you ask for?

I don't recommend getting liquered up in front of the fam and throwing stuff at the TV if there is a turn over, or if the opponent scores, but it is a great family entertainment if everyone is rooting for the Steelers IMO.

AngryAsian
01-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Your dilemma is you don't have no authority over this woman. Grow a set and put her in her place. Be a man and quit ruining it for the rest of us.

This post is absolutely hilarious. Read it to the little woman aloud and needless to say all I heard afterwards were the chirping of crickets.

bostonsteeler
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Don't know how it works -- my wife somehow grew to understand over the years that I'm gone game time. She doesn't know a football from a helmet, but lately she's begun to watch the games with me and can even name half the starters on O and D!!

She thinks the business of taking a knee in the final minute is cheating. She thinks they should be out throwing and running and giving the other team a real chance. She's chewed my ear off over this in the past couple of games..

Djfan
01-25-2009, 03:21 AM
I told the wife she had to be a Steelers fan to marry me. She chose me and them. She's great at both!

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Don't know how it works -- my wife somehow grew to understand over the years that I'm gone game time. She doesn't know a football from a helmet, but lately she's begun to watch the games with me and can even name half the starters on O and D!!

She thinks the business of taking a knee in the final minute is cheating. She thinks they should be out throwing and running and giving the other team a real chance. She's chewed my ear off over this in the past couple of games..

Dayum! Yer wife is hard core with the victory formation. I think it would be interesting if the offense couldn't just take a knee and had to put the ball in play. I think she understands the game just fine if that's the case.

My Ol' Lady grew up in Bills country and did 12 years in Cincitucky. She knew I was a Steelers fan when we met and she has become a fan as well.

Steelers games are sacrosanct on the schedule. Nothing else will be in conflict with a Steelers game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-25-2009, 05:24 PM
OK, thanks for all the suggestions...

Here's how it has played out so far. I told her there were two things I wanted to do ... to make her happy and if that means going to the church party I would do that ... and the second thing was to see the Superbowl in a place I won't have to worry if I yell or curse or anything like that.

She said, "Do what you want to do", I said "You mean it really doesn't matter to you?", She said "Yeah". But, she wasn't smiling when she said it ...

I think I am in deep dimshee here. But as I see it, doing the church party isn't really going to help me much.

So I'm thinking no church Superbowl party ... just watch with my Dad at home (where I can drink Iron City), or if he wants to go to a Steelers bar do that instead (but no Iron City, that would be a drag).

I got a lot of work to do around here, it seems ....

[I was going to tell her I just found out that Limas Sweed was from her very small hometown of Brenham, TX, but I think at this moment that maybe is a fact that she might not find as awesome as I do ...]

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 05:32 PM

Here's how it has played out so far. I told her there were two things I wanted to do ... to make her happy and if that means going to the church party I would do that ... and the second thing was to see the Superbowl in a place I won't have to worry if I yell or curse or anything like that.

She said, "Do what you want to do", I said "You mean it really doesn't matter to you?", She said "Yeah". But, she wasn't smiling when she said it ...

I think I am in deep dimshee here. But as I see it, doing the church party isn't really going to help me much.

So I'm thinking no church Superbowl party ... just watch with my Dad at home (where I can drink Iron City), or if he wants to go to a Steelers bar do that instead (but no Iron City, that would be a drag).

[I was going to tell her I just found out that Limas Sweed was from her very small hometown of Brenham, TX, but I think at this moment that maybe is a fact that she might not find as awesome as I do ...)

FWIW, SASF, I think staying home and watching the Game with dad and the IC is the ticket. Soft pedaling the wife would involve this scenario.

Going to the church party probably wouldn't work if you have a tendency to fly out of control on bad calls, etc., like buckeyehoppy does :wink:

Do whatever you need to do to make things right. We're with ya, brother!

bostonsteeler
01-25-2009, 08:50 PM

[I was going to tell her I just found out that Limas Sweed was from her very small hometown of Brenham, TX, but I think at this moment that maybe is a fact that she might not find as awesome as I do ...]

Watch it with dad, bro. Believe me, it's the greatest to sit around with the old man and cuss out guys. Do it at home to have max soft-pedal potential (going to a bar will put you in sooooo much worse dung..).

Somehow, church shouldn't cause so much grief, don't you think :HeadBanger

stlrz d
01-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Show her this.

[youtube:2ahbs50m]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDcD-bFjvwE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDcD-bFjvwE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2ahbs50m]

RuthlessBurgher
01-25-2009, 11:31 PM

Show her this.

[youtube:3e40y2cd]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDcD-bFjvwE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDcD-bFjvwE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3e40y2cd]

Herm Edwards PLAYED TO WIN THE GAME!!! :lol:

[youtube:3e40y2cd]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3e40y2cd]

Iron Shiek
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
The best part is that they are rolling credits...and the announcer is totally oblivious that a fumble even occurred until Herm was almost to the endzone...

Lonbull
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
SanAntonio -

If you really want a suggestion here's my .02, and I'm going to put this in a language I know you'll understand.

I'm sure you remember the Giants game and you remember that Greg Warren our long-snapper was injured and it was a lack of a back-up plan to his injury that probably cost us that game. Luckily for us it didn't cost us a chance to go to the Super Bowl - but let's face it the Patriots were 11-5 and they didn't get in - so one additional loss to this one might have cost us a playoff bid.

I'm sure you were angry - and I was on a messageboard where many fans wanted an immediate firing of our special teams coach, and thought that this mistake was a sure sign that Mike Tomlin clearly wasn't ready for this job -after all how could he have let this happen?

I'll ask you all this - were any of you really satisfied with Tomlin's answers as to why such a simple amount of preparation never took place? Didn't you wonder about a lack of commitment? Looking back this game could have cost us a Super Bowl.

So let me break it down for you in how this relates to your recent decision regarding the Steelers and your family.

James Harrison = your 12 year old son. He's just doing the best he can - but somehow / someway he's to blame because his swim meet landed on your Steelers game.

Mike Tomlin = your wife. She's the one who has to explain your decision (and lack of prepartion and lack of commitment) to other family members, other people at the swim meet, and probably to your son as well. She's the one facing the fact that (from this example) when it came between your family and the Steelers - you picked a group of people who don't even know your very bad word name.

Bob Ligashesky (the guy everyone wanted to fire immediately) = You. Someone who obviously didn't put very much preparation into this event, and did practically nothing to assist in making it any better - hence responsible for blowing (what could have been) a very big game in our season.

Now I certainly understand there's going to be a large contingent on this board who will say "hey everyone knows you're a HUGE Steeler fan" - and it goes with the territory. However that kind of thinking isn't going to help this matter.

So here is my suggestion to you - first man up that you made a huge mistake. You should have gone to the swim meet. You are one of maybe 6 of your son's fans - in fact you may be his biggest - the Steelers had plenty of fans that day - who needed you more? Wouldn't you have been plenty angry if during the AFC Championship game Heinz Field was empty - that's your wife's perspective. Your son's "Heinz Field" was empty.

If you really want to fix this - You clearly need to "plug" in as they say to your family and just get on the ball (so to speak) with your scheduling. That's all that seems to be missing here. Seriously. When the schedule comes out for the Steelers simply block out the times that they will be playing including all possible Playoff games and the Super Bowl. Someone already mentioned a 5 hour window - and that's a very solid suggestion.

Then you can make sure that when it comes to the Steelers and the rest of your life you won't be surprising anyone with your decisions (ala your wife). And she can work around that schedule - If she doesn't know how many guys are on a playing field I doubt very seriously she has the schedule memorized.

Don't let anybody fool you - Being a man in this case is admiting you made a very bad judgement call and making sure that if you can't reschedule something (like a swim meet) it's family first. And you'll just have to tape / record the game - Good Dad or Good Steeler Fan it's up to you champ.

The fact that your wife is indifferent to your decision right now....is a very bad sign. VERY VERY bad sign. If you remember there were times when Coach Cowher would scream and yell at a player - that's because he felt the player had potential but just needed a kick in the butt. The guys who made mistakes and then were benched or ignored usually didn't stay on the team very long did they?

I would buy a day planner / calendar immediately and start scheduling something with your son asap. Camping, fishing something that gives you and your son a lot of quality time away from television and/or sports.

And I would suggest you include your wife on this OR if she decides to opt out buy her a day at the spa or something that she enjoys - added bonus take a camera with you on this outing of you and your son, take a ton of pictures and make an album for her. That will mean more to a woman worth being married too than jewerly.

Good luck.

L.B.

sd steel
01-26-2009, 08:49 PM
SanAntonio -

If you really want a suggestion here's my .02, and I'm going to put this in a language I know you'll understand.

I'm sure you remember the Giants game and you remember that Greg Warren our long-snapper was injured and it was a lack of a back-up plan to his injury that probably cost us that game. Luckily for us it didn't cost us a chance to go to the Super Bowl - but let's face it the Patriots were 11-5 and they didn't get in - so one additional loss to this one might have cost us a playoff bid.

I'm sure you were angry - and I was on a messageboard where many fans wanted an immediate firing of our special teams coach, and thought that this mistake was a sure sign that Mike Tomlin clearly wasn't ready for this job -after all how could he have let this happen?

I'll ask you all this - were any of you really satisfied with Tomlin's answers as to why such a simple amount of preparation never took place? Didn't you wonder about a lack of commitment? Looking back this game could have cost us a Super Bowl.

So let me break it down for you in how this relates to your recent decision regarding the Steelers and your family.

James Harrison = your 12 year old son. He's just doing the best he can - but somehow / someway he's to blame because his swim meet landed on your Steelers game.

Mike Tomlin = your wife. She's the one who has to explain your decision (and lack of prepartion and lack of commitment) to other family members, other people at the swim meet, and probably to your son as well. She's the one facing the fact that (from this example) when it came between your family and the Steelers - you picked a group of people who don't even know your very bad word name.

Bob Ligashesky (the guy everyone wanted to fire immediately) = You. Someone who obviously didn't put very much preparation into this event, and did practically nothing to assist in making it any better - hence responsible for blowing (what could have been) a very big game in our season.

Now I certainly understand there's going to be a large contingent on this board who will say "hey everyone knows you're a HUGE Steeler fan" - and it goes with the territory. However that kind of thinking isn't going to help this matter.

So here is my suggestion to you - first man up that you made a huge mistake. You should have gone to the swim meet. You are one of maybe 6 of your son's fans - in fact you may be his biggest - the Steelers had plenty of fans that day - who needed you more? Wouldn't you have been plenty angry if during the AFC Championship game Heinz Field was empty - that's your wife's perspective. Your son's "Heinz Field" was empty.

If you really want to fix this - You clearly need to "plug" in as they say to your family and just get on the ball (so to speak) with your scheduling. That's all that seems to be missing here. Seriously. When the schedule comes out for the Steelers simply block out the times that they will be playing including all possible Playoff games and the Super Bowl. Someone already mentioned a 5 hour window - and that's a very solid suggestion.

Then you can make sure that when it comes to the Steelers and the rest of your life you won't be surprising anyone with your decisions (ala your wife). And she can work around that schedule - If she doesn't know how many guys are on a playing field I doubt very seriously she has the schedule memorized.

Don't let anybody fool you - Being a man in this case is admiting you made a very bad judgement call and making sure that if you can't reschedule something (like a swim meet) it's family first. And you'll just have to tape / record the game - Good Dad or Good Steeler Fan it's up to you champ.

The fact that your wife is indifferent to your decision right now....is a very bad sign. VERY VERY bad sign. If you remember there were times when Coach Cowher would scream and yell at a player - that's because he felt the player had potential but just needed a kick in the butt. The guys who made mistakes and then were benched or ignored usually didn't stay on the team very long did they?

I would buy a day planner / calendar immediately and start scheduling something with your son asap. Camping, fishing something that gives you and your son a lot of quality time away from television and/or sports.

And I would suggest you include your wife on this OR if she decides to opt out buy her a day at the spa or something that she enjoys - added bonus take a camera with you on this outing of you and your son, take a ton of pictures and make an album for her. That will mean more to a woman worth being married too than jewerly.

Good luck.

L.B.

Do you carry your keyboard with you in your purse, Nancy?
:shock: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 11:49 PM
SanAntonio -

Good luck.

L.B.

LONBULL MADE IT OVER!!!

And with an epic length family-man first post to boot.

Welcome, newbie!

buckeyehoppy
01-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Lonbull: $$$ first post on The Planet. And not a moment too soon, I might add. A week before Steelers Bowl VII. Great timing!!! :wink:

Looking forward to the coming Triple Crown season and your take on the thoroughbreds.

Welcome Lonbull! :Beer

AngryAsian
01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
SanAntonio -

Good luck.

L.B.

Lonbull uncensored and in high definition. Bro, that's some serious Man-Beast posting right there. Welcome aboard and glad to finally have you on the Planet. BTW, your shrimp scampi is still a hit at my abode.

Lonbull
01-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Gentlemen -

I appreciate the welcome.

I've been keeping tabs on this website since Ghost emailed me about it, and I certainly have appreciated all of the Steeler updates. I haven't posted because recently I've decided/needed to be more focused on some life "stuff". But I hope when this passes I can get back to writing about our beloved Black & Gold.

However I felt I needed to address this particular thread. I'm certainly not trying to "come down" on SanAntonio Steel - I just had an idea and thought I'd run with it.

Hope you're all well and next Monday we can start discussing what we're going to do with the 32nd pick in the draft.

*Glad to hear that the Scampi is still keeping the FBI happy.

L.B.

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Lonbull uncensored and in high definition. Bro, that's some serious Man-Beast posting right there. Welcome aboard and glad to finally have you on the Planet. BTW, your shrimp scampi is still a hit at my abode.

I read that WAY to quickly my first pass and then did a doubletake as I thought it said your shrimp scampi is still a hit at my ahole.

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM

I read that WAY to quickly my first pass and then did a doubletake as I thought it said your shrimp scampi is still a hit at my ahole.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome MJG...that would be a sore site (or feeling...ouch)

Lonbull, welcome and great analogy. That was simply outstanding. And you're right...DVR is man's best friend. While I've never recorded a game because I hate having to try to avoid hearing the result all day, its a good fall back.

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Lonbull, welcome and great analogy. That was simply outstanding. And you're right...DVR is man's best friend. While I've never recorded a game because I hate having to try to avoid hearing the result all day, its a good fall back.

True Story. My brother DVR'ed the San Diego game due to a family commitment and didn't listen to or watch anything in order to be surprised. (I was not aware of this fact). He got home and listened to his answering machine messages - never dreaming that there would be an almost incoherent rant from his older brother (me) who happened to be AT THE GAME shouting we are kicking their Azzes and the like. Oooops.

ikestops85
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Look, just tell your wife that watching a steeler game is a family event and as a family event she needs to participate. One of the rules are if a steeler QB takes a knee in the game she has to get on her knees as part of the victory celebration. :twisted: If she is willing to "celebrate" at the church SB party then you have no objection in going. :Boobs

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-27-2009, 01:27 PM

True Story. My brother DVR'ed the San Diego game due to a family commitment and didn't listen to or watch anything in order to be surprised. (I was not aware of this fact). He got home and listened to his answering machine messages - never dreaming that there would be an almost incoherent rant from his older brother (me) who happened to be AT THE GAME shouting we are kicking their Azzes and the like. Oooops.

Had a similar situation during the Jets playoff game in 2005 (what a way to start Ben's playoff career). The maid of honor at our wedding's wedding happened to fall on the same day. Uh oh. Plus, they were married in her husband's hometown outside of Marietta, Ohio (southeast Ohio for those not familiar). The reception, as it turned out, was smack dab in the middle of the game. With no over-the-air TV station nearby to pick up the game, the best we had was whatever reception we got from WWVA out of Wheeling and the spotty cell phone coverage we could get for scoring updates.

Adding to our dilemma, our friend's grandfather was taping the game at home and did NOT want to hear anything about it until he got home. So imaging about fifty Steelers fan getting sporadic updates and trying not too cheer too loudly unless the Old Man would hear about it. Oh man it was tough, especially once hearing about the missed field goal, going to overtime, and the eventual win. But he didn't hear any of it, so we succeeded. Next time any of our friends get married, we'll make sure it's during the summer :lol:

ghettoscott
01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Do whatever the hell you want to. It's how I do things.

Of course, I am divorced. Happily.

:)

AND you are a Sith Lord...best of both worlds :D