PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Ward is very serious about rehab...

costanza2k1
01-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Dang...I didn't know one of these machines existed.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 08369.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_608369.html)

Ward's hyperbaric oxygen chamber will be shipped to Tampa

Hines Ward is serious about doing everything he can to recover from a sprained knee in time for Super Bowl XLIII.

The Steelers wide receiver is having the hyperbaric oxygen chamber he owns sent to Tampa, and he will use it next week as part of his rehabilitation regimen.

"They're shipping it today," Ward said of the Steelers. "They'll have it in my hotel room when I get there Monday."

Ward said he sits in the chamber for an hour to an hour and 20 minutes at a time. The sessions, he added, promote the production of red blood cells and accelerate the healing process.

Ward, the MVP of Super Bowl XL, hurt his right knee in the Steelers' 23-14 win over the Ravens in last Sunday's AFC Championship game.

Ozey74
01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Good stuff! I saw a piece on ESPN once about Bill Romanowski, & I believed he was a big believer in this.

ikestops85
01-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Couldn't we just re-hire that doctor with the HGH :shock:

I kid ... I kid :D

Djfan
01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Isn't that the thing Michael Jackson used to sit in to look whiter?

Starlifter
01-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Good stuff! I saw a piece on ESPN once about Bill Romanowski, & I believed he was a big believer in this.

romanowski was a believer in using any and all artificial means to advance his career.

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Why are they shipping it today? Doesn't that mean that he'll be without it for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? The team is not arriving in Tampa until Monday. Isn't he basically losing the same number of days this weekend that he would be gaining next week in Tampa? He should just borrow George Steinbrenner's hyperbaric chamber down there in Tampa...they gotta be keeping that old man alive down there somehow.

steelcityrules!!
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I think anthony gonzalez of the colts used that at ohio state as well.

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM

Because average college students who are not getting paid at all can afford to have their own hyperbaric chamber in their dorm rooms!

MaxAMillion
01-23-2009, 12:28 AM
I believe TO used it when he was coming back from his injury. He played really well in the Super Bowl that year. Of course he had much longer to rehab compared to Hines.

California-Steel
01-23-2009, 04:06 AM
I believe TO used it when he was coming back from his injury. He played really well in the Super Bowl that year. Of course he had much longer to rehab compared to Hines.Yep TO did use one that year. They all pretty much have one or the use of one.

I suspect that the facility has one and that Ward will use that one until they go down to Tampa and then use the one he had shipped.

flippy
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Dang...I didn't know one of these machines existed.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 08369.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_608369.html)

Ward's hyperbaric oxygen chamber will be shipped to Tampa

Hines Ward is serious about doing everything he can to recover from a sprained knee in time for Super Bowl XLIII.

The Steelers wide receiver is having the hyperbaric oxygen chamber he owns sent to Tampa, and he will use it next week as part of his rehabilitation regimen.

"They're shipping it today," Ward said of the Steelers. "They'll have it in my hotel room when I get there Monday."

Ward said he sits in the chamber for an hour to an hour and 20 minutes at a time. The sessions, he added, promote the production of red blood cells and accelerate the healing process.

Ward, the MVP of Super Bowl XL, hurt his right knee in the Steelers' 23-14 win over the Ravens in last Sunday's AFC Championship game.

TO has one next to his bed that he uses every day.

Saw it when he was on Cribs.

SidSmythe
01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
I wonder if Hines will let me use it . . . . I wanna be more like Michael Jackson

SteelBucks
01-24-2009, 02:24 AM

He started using it at OSU and still uses it to this day. He swears it works.

steelcityrules!!
01-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Because average college students who are not getting paid at all can afford to have their own hyperbaric chamber in their dorm rooms!

hehe, every student gets one at orientation right?
I think i got a folder with some coupons for 10% off the jacked up prices at the student center or something.