PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder

fezziwig
01-22-2009, 05:20 PM
When some of us was on the trib I mentioned that I had a Steelers flower arrangement made for my brothers gravesite.
My brother was a Steeler fan, obviously he was ( normal, smart, ) and I thought it would be another special occasion to bring him flowers.
Birthday, Christmas and thinking of you is nice to bring flowers but, flowers for one of his joys in life seemed cool to do.

Anyway, this year I think I'll make up my own arrangement for him with some small Steeler flags, small Steeler stick baloons, spray paint some plastic flowers black & gold if the store doesn't have any.
I want the arrangement to last these two weeks in our bitter cold we are having.

If I can find the foam hand with finger pointing up that reads # 1 , I'll place it on his site too.

Again, just a reminder to those that told me they wished they would have done it for their loved ones.

Ozey74
01-22-2009, 05:51 PM
This is a fantasic thing that your doing. I'll do this for my late dad. Thanks for the idea!!!

:Cheers

fezziwig
01-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks for you response.

My brother passed away March 2004 and he missed the Big Ben era and our last Super Bowl.
Knowing the Steeler fan he was and always wanting to do something for him even if it can only be flowers, the Steeler Super Bowl flowers was cool for me and I hope him.

I had mentioned this to the Trib posters at the time and a few of them wanted a reminder the next time we were in the Super Bowl so like O74, he can show his dad some Steeler love.

Glad to hear your happy with this.

fezziwig
01-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Just got back from Wal-mart and they had no gold or black flowers or small balloons. They do have the Steeler flags that you put on your car or truck windshield so, I bought that.

I got an old baby formula can and mixed up some cement and placed the cement and flag post in the can.

Once I pull the label off the can after the cement sets up, I'll place the Steeler flag at his site.

MeetJoeGreene
01-23-2009, 05:26 PM
That is a wonderful gesture and tribute that you are making.