PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else in my predicament

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
My wife and I are huge steeler fans and no one else in our family or our friends are part of the Nation. We don't live anywhere near the burgh and haven't a clue to where to watch the game. We'd like to celebrate a Steeler win with other Steeler faithful. Even though we have a house in Tampa and live in Orlando area- we cant fork out 2 grand on tickets. Someone give us some options. We went to Beef O Bradys in Winter Garden for the AFC Championship game where it was a steeler place and it was kindof weak! Where are you watching the game at if your not going and in my same situation-- Any suggestions?? Thanks!

NC Steeler Fan
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Well, as much as I'd really, really like to watch us in the SB with
a crowd of Steeler faithful, I'm afraid I get too worked up and would
very much hate for anyone to see my antics if we do something
boneheaded during the game or worse....

So, me and my husband watch such critical games at home where
the worst that can happen is I get banished to the front porch to
cool off again (see Troy INT that was overturned from the indy playoff
game on our way to winning #5).

Otherwise, good luck!!!

skyhawk
01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Good question.

Anyone now of a good Steelers bar in Tampa/St Pete? I will be going down to enjoy the fans, game, and the weather.

Iron Shiek
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Well, as much as I'd really, really like to watch us in the SB with
a crowd of Steeler faithful, I'm afraid I get too worked up and would
very much hate for anyone to see my antics if we do something
boneheaded during the game or worse....

So, me and my husband watch such critical games at home where
the worst that can happen is I get banished to the front porch to
cool off again (see Troy INT that was overturned from the indy playoff
game on our way to winning #5).

Otherwise, good luck!!!

:lol: That was a classic story NCSF!

Better than me screaming so loud I sending my son cowering in fear under the corner coffee table.

SMASH, tough predicament. Gotta find a good Steeler bar in your area as a fallback for such instances. I may be in the same boat, watching in peace with my kids. I still may go to the Steeler bar with my friends to share in the jubilation, but leaning towards sharing this moment with the little ones.

RussBII
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
My wife and I are huge steeler fans and no one else in our family or our friends are part of the Nation. We don't live anywhere near the burgh and haven't a clue to where to watch the game. We'd like to celebrate a Steeler win with other Steeler faithful. Even though we have a house in Tampa and live in Orlando area- we cant fork out 2 grand on tickets. Someone give us some options. We went to Beef O Bradys in Winter Garden for the AFC Championship game where it was a steeler place and it was kindof weak! Where are you watching the game at if your not going and in my same situation-- Any suggestions?? Thanks!

There seems to be quite a few folks heading to Tampa to scope the pregame festivities, maybe you should host em at your place? Other than that I've got no idea. I spent my allotted Steelers money on the AFCC so I'm watching at home. I may or may not have friends over.

Jooser
01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Well, I'll be watching it comfortably at home. I still have my Super Bowl XL party supplies stowed away in the pantry so I guess I'll break it out and finish it off.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Here We Go STEELERS, Here We GO!!!!!!!!!

Steelgal
01-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Well..... we had a small Superbowl party when the Steelers were in the big game a few years back. I can get quite loud and use some profanity throughout the game. My kids and dh know that it's "just mom watching football", but I think I caught some of the others off guard. In that first game when we were in scoring positon in the 3rd quarter, maybe, and Ben through the interception instead of TD that would have pretty much sealed a win I didn't handle it so well. I still get jabbed about the game and my behaviour, so no big party this time.

I should add that no one else was a Steeler fan, just came over to watch the game. Don't want to offend the casual observer again, so it's just the 5 of us this year

:Steel :tt2 :Steel :tt2

NC Steeler Fan
01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Well..... we had a small Superbowl party when the Steelers were in the big game a few years back. I can get quite loud and use some profanity throughout the game. My kids and dh know that it's "just mom watching football", but I think I caught some of the others off guard. In that first game when we were in scoring positon in the 3rd quarter, maybe, and Ben through the interception instead of TD that would have pretty much sealed a win I didn't handle it so well. I still get jabbed about the game and my behaviour, so no big party this time.

I should add that no one else was a Steeler fan, just came over to watch the game. Don't want to offend the casual observer again, so it's just the 5 of us this year

Ohhh, during Steeler games I'm afraid I could burn the ear hairs out of some people...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
When we went to Beefs we ended up leaving at halftime--so we could scream a little--It felt good to let it out--the crowd at Beefs seemed casual Steeler fans--My wife and I are a little intense. There is a great Steeler Pub/Restaurant in Brandon Florida. It is true Steeler Nation. We may go there ($40 a ticket for an all you can eat buffet) or just may watch at home with my wife and 3 year old (whom we probably give nightmares to when she is in the other room watching snow white and hears us screaming bloody murder)--The Pub in Brandon is called OBriens and is just outside of Tampa.

Djfan
01-22-2009, 03:32 PM
We are only going to have about 500 of us at the big game at Heinz West!

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com

Steeler Expat
01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I was in Fort Lauderdale for SB XL. I bought a case of Yuengling Lager for the event but didn't invite anyone over. The year before I had a mini party for the AFCCG and kicked everyone out after the cheats "beat" us. So I wanted to just watch it alone. I ended up drinking half a bottle of Yang and sitting on my hard plastic steelers colors dewault toolbox in front of the TV or standing up pacing around the entire game. I realize how pathetic a picture that paints of me.

I've now been in Lima, Peru for a couple of years (long story). There is 1 sports bar here where most gringos go to watch US sports but I have a feeling most non partisans will be pulling for the Cardinals and I'd end up getting into a fight. So I guess I'll be watching it with my girlfriend (Peruvian) who knows nothing about football and feels bad for the other team's players when they get knocked the f*** out by Ryan Clark. I've also got an Eagles fan and a Packer fan I could invite over... maybe.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm not so good in public during Steeler games either, unless with hard-core Steeler Nation citizens. My dad comes over and watches with me, I have to tone myself down a little bit even for that.

Google "Steeler Bars" in your area, and then do what I do when traveling - call them up ahead of time, and ascertain that it is for the rabid only.

Good luck!

flippy
01-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Go to Tampa.

There's gotta be some great party going on somewhere.

And remember to dress up like it's Halloween. In any crazy black and gold costume of your choice.

You could dress up like a Silverback Gorilla with a Harrison jersey.

And your wife could wear a Steelers bikini and paint herself black and gold.

You could Patrol the streets of florida with FLA Steel in his bad arse jeep.

Get yourselves a megaphone and drive around telling everyone pittsburgh's winning the superbowl.

Take a couple cases of Iron City with you and hand one out to everyone you meet that agrees Pittsburgh is gonna win.

The city of Tampa will become your friend. And the SuperBowl will be your party.

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM

Regardless of what you plan to do for the game itself, let us know if you want to get together somewhere in the Tampa area the morning of the game or the day before possibly. I haven't had a chance to scout out what my pre-game options might be when I get down there since I have never been to Tampa before, but if you come up with something good, pass along the info and perhaps we can meet up at some point that weekend. I still have to figure out when and where to meet up with Flasteel, Asian, and Oviedo too.

Jigawatts
01-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Regardless of what you plan to do for the game itself, let us know if you want to get together somewhere in the Tampa area the morning of the game or the day before possibly. I haven't had a chance to scout out what my pre-game options might be when I get down there since I have never been to Tampa before, but if you come up with something good, pass along the info and perhaps we can meet up at some point that weekend. I still have to figure out when and where to meet up with Flasteel, Asian, and Oviedo too.

I really wish I would have scheduled a vacation for that week. Could of went to
Orlando and hit the tea cups then shoot on over to Tampa.

costanza2k1
01-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Fla.... will be there partying...check this thread out.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4742 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4742)

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM

I really wish I would have scheduled a vacation for that week. Could of went to
Orlando and hit the tea cups then shoot on over to Tampa.

No teacups without Little Miss Jiga! :nono :lol:

proudpittsburgher
01-22-2009, 06:59 PM

That's funny. We did the same thing, and most of the Steelers fans I invited from around these parts all were hosting their own parties, so we were left with a lot of people who didn't follow the black and gold. I drank, a lot, that night, but all I remember was yelling at kids to get out of the livign room, and yelling at the TV a lot. other than the couple of steelers fans in the room, everyone else thought I was overreacting, a bit. This year, we are parting, but the guestlist os 75 percent steelers fans, so at least I will be around others of my ilk.

steelsun7
01-22-2009, 07:34 PM

how do you think i feel Smashmouth.I LIVE IN PHOENIX.
I am continually nauseated by all the Crudinal bandwagoners around here.
I may hve to watch this stinkin game at home by myself. :x