PDA

View Full Version : OT - A little Burgh area help please!

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm online researching lodging and it seems most of the places in my budget ($45-$60 per night) are all out near the airport, 15 or so miles from the city. Right now the Best Value Inn located in Coraopolis seems to be the best deal for what I am looking for. What kind of drive is that? I don't have to be concerned with a safe trip because I do not drink so alcohol will not be a factor. I just want to know if it's a hassle or not.

Or does anyone know of places closer to the city that may not show up on hotwire, cheaptickets, expedia, etc around that price range?

In case you're wondering why I'm being such a cheap skate it is because I am currently without employ. I don't have a lot to spend but most certainly have the time to drive there, hang for a few days and drive back.

Also, where would be a good place to watch the game? Someplace fun with a good crowd, plenty of TVs and a great sound system so I'll be able to hear as well as see the game.

Any other tips, pointers, things to see/do, places to eat, etc would also be appreciated. I went to the city once in '98 and I've done the incline, so you can leave that off your list.

And if any of yinz would like to get together while I'm there (if I do go) just let me know...I'd be happy to meet up!

Thanks in advance everyone!

JAR
01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm online researching lodging and it seems most of the places in my budget ($45-$60 per night) are all out near the airport, 15 or so miles from the city. Right now the Best Value Inn located in Coraopolis seems to be the best deal for what I am looking for. What kind of drive is that? I don't have to be concerned with a safe trip because I do not drink so alcohol will not be a factor. I just want to know if it's a hassle or not.

That hotel is over by the airport, you would be right off of the parkway, so without traffic you're looking at a 20 minute drive to town. The area is fairly nice, it's mostly businesses and restaurants that were there when the old airport terminal was there. If you do stay there, wings, suds and spuds used to be good, not sure how it is now though. You'll have all of your typical chain restaurants right there too. It's a residential area further down the road, Moon Township PA. Right up the street is Robinson, which has a mall and several shopping areas. There is a good, authentic mexican Restaurant up there called El Campesino. Also, Bocktown brewery is good for Pittsburgh food and sandwiches.

Or does anyone know of places closer to the city that may not show up on hotwire, cheaptickets, expedia, etc around that price range?

Did anything show up for Greetree PA? That would be about a 6-7 minute drive without traffic into town. Also Robinson Township would be an option

In case you're wondering why I'm bion
eing such a cheap skate it is because I am currently without employ. I don't have a lot to spend but most certainly have the time to drive there, hang for a few days and drive back.

Also, where would be a good place to watch the game? Someplace fun with a good crowd, plenty of TVs and a great sound system so I'll be able to hear as well as see the game.

I think the Southside somewhere, there are several bars and if the Steelers win, the streets will be filled with people celebrating. http://www.southsidepgh.com/index_new.htm

Any other tips, pointers, things to see/do, places to eat, etc would also be appreciated. I went to the city once in '98 and I've done the incline, so you can leave that off your list.

And if any of yinz would like to get together while I'm there (if I do go) just let me know...I'd be happy to meet up!

MeetJoeGreene
01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I have buddy that usually stays out near the airport for 40-60 via hotwire.

He ususally types in 3* and ends up at the sheraton or crown plaza though...

You could also try Monroeville to see what kind of rates you get...

flippy
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM

In case you're wondering why I'm being such a cheap skate it is because I am currently without employ. I don't have a lot to spend but most certainly have the time to drive there, hang for a few days and drive back.

I used to live in that area a little over 10 years ago. And it's a breeze getting in and out of the city to any major point of interest. I lived there after college and typically went somewhere in the city every night after work.

Another good area for getting anywhere is Oakland, Squirrel Hill, Shady Side. There's a lot to do in those neighborhoods. They'd have a lot of college kids right now.

JAR
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
This shows $60 a night. It's in Robinson Township, which would put you about 15 minutes from town, it's right off of the Parkway

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewSpecificH ... =tr&type=l (http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewSpecificHotelLP?masterId=5315&WT.mc_id=o_lm_affiliate_propdateless&WT.mc_ev=click&DCSext.mc_kw=5315&tabIndex=0&source=tr&type=l)

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks all for the info and if you think of anything else please let me know! :D

Djfan
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
So, D, if I show up are we splitting the price?

flippy
01-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks all for the info and if you think of anything else please let me know! :D

After a quick search, here's the highest rated inexpensive hotel in Pittsburgh. It's on Stuebenville pike 6 miles from the city and real easy to get to everything.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-pittsbu ... otel=PA315 (http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-PA315?promo=tripci&hotel=PA315)

Their AAA rate is $71/nt. I'd call them directly and tell them some story about why they should let me stay their in your price range. I'm sure you could talk them into $40-$60/nt.

Tell them you don't have a job and your looking for a job in Pittsburgh. You've gotta foot the bill your self and you're looking in Pittsburgh cause you're a Steelers fan.

Worst case ask them if they can lower the price for reduced amenities. No newspaper. No Maid service. Nolaundry service. No free breakfast etc.

You'll get your best deal calling the hotel directly. And you'll get the best deal if you can find a mom and pop operation. Someone will give you a better deal when they talk to you.

And in this economy, everything is negotiable.

JAR
01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
since Flippy mentioned Steubenville Pike, try the Tonidale. Then you'd be right down the street from PSP, Police Station Pizza, which I think is the best pizza in the Burgh.

The Tonidale Landmark Inn
7001 Steubenville Pike, Pittsburgh, PA, 15205
(412) 787-8160

Mmmmmm, PSP, I'm hungry!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/smirk_03/pizza-1.jpg

flippy
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
since Flippy mentioned Steubenville Pike, try the Tonidale. Then you'd be right down the street from PSP, Police Station Pizza, which I think is the best pizza in the Burgh.

The Tonidale Landmark Inn
7001 Steubenville Pike, Pittsburgh, PA, 15205
(412) 787-8160

Mmmmmm, PSP, I'm hungry!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/smirk_03/pizza-1.jpg

there's a sharp edge on the stuebenville pike.

JAR
01-22-2009, 05:31 PM
There is supposed to be an article in the Post Gazette tomorrow about all of the fans traveling to Pittsburgh to watch the SB here with other Steelers fans. Maybe the article will have some tips, if so, I'll post the link for you tomorrow.

costanza2k1
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Don't know if anyone will mention this but I went to the Pitt Zoo two years ago and that was pretty cool seeing the Polar Bears up close...

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 05:48 PM

Sure, but fair warning. I snore...LOUDLY! But if it means we get a better room I'm game!

Thanks guys, great info! And what the hell, why not call a joint up and negotiate...what have I got to lose?

Just got my final check from my employer (severance and PTO payout) so I think this is a go.

In Seinfeld terms, all signs point to yes!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/8.jpg

Djfan
01-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Sure, but fair warning. I snore...LOUDLY! But if it means we get a better room I'm game!

Thanks guys, great info! And what the hell, why not call a joint up and negotiate...what have I got to lose?

Just got my final check from my employer (severance and PTO payout) so I think this is a go.

My wife says I fart in my sleep, so we're even.

That pizza looks good.

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM

That pizza looks good.

Then I guess separate beds are in order. :D

So are you serious about going? I'd like to try and get lodging booked ASAP. I really wanna do this.

Oh, and that pizza would look much better with no veggies! :P

JAR
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
[quote=Djfan]So, D, if I show up are we splitting the price?

That pizza looks good.

Oh, and that pizza would look much better with no veggies! :P[/quote:1uqr0ckf]

Mushrooms aren't veggies, they're he fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus. :)

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 06:31 PM
[quote=Djfan]So, D, if I show up are we splitting the price?

That pizza looks good.

Oh, and that pizza would look much better with no veggies! :P

Mushrooms aren't veggies, they're he fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus. :)[/quote:21p0pdnz]

Close enough. ;)

Djfan
01-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I can't go. Our fan club SB party is getting huge, and I have to be there. We're expecting about 500 people at the cantina for it.

If I get to go to Tampa I'll miss ours, but not for anything else.

Have a great one, and lift a Diet Coke in my honor!

JAR
01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
You could also go to Bettis' Bar on the Northshore. Southside would be your best bet though, bar after bar with fans watching the game. The experience of being there after a win will be well worth it.

Carson St after the last SB win

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/96309205_f21cbbdacf.jpg?v=0

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
That's cool DJ...just thought I'd make sure before I make plans.

Btw, doesn't it look like JAR is volunteering to play tour guide? :P

JAR
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM

:lol: I always watch the game with my family, either at Heinz, at home or at friends or family's house. We're invited to a party and the kids are driving home from college to be here for the game. So.... no tour guide for you! :D

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 07:32 PM

:lol: I always watch the game with my family, either at Heinz, at home or at friends or family's house. We're invited to a party and the kids are driving home from college to be here for the game. So.... no tour guide for you! :D

I didn't mean for the game you goof! :D

JAR
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
[quote="stlrz d":6f5yl9k1]That's cool DJ...just thought I'd make sure before I make plans.

I didn't mean for the game you goof! :D[/quote:6f5yl9k1]

OK then, the kids will be home from college, so no tour guide for you. :P

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 07:53 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3hpo84bm]That's cool DJ...just thought I'd make sure before I make plans.

OK then, the kids will be home from college, so no tour guide for you. :P[/quote:3hpo84bm]

Alright then...it's settled!

papillon
01-22-2009, 11:27 PM
D,

I grew up a stones throw from Monroeville (30 minute ride to downtown tops). The following link is to a Red Roof Inn in a good area for about $51. Can't go wrong really for a place to put a roof over your head. It's about 15 miles to Mecca from this hotel.

http://www.redroof.com/rr/select-stay.do

I wish I was going to be home for the game, I could put you up with mom and dad Pappy for a few days.

Good luck and have fun

Pappy

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 11:45 PM
D,

I grew up a stones throw from Monroeville (30 minute ride to downtown tops). The following link is to a Red Roof Inn in a good area for about $51. Can't go wrong really for a place to put a roof over your head. It's about 15 miles to Mecca from this hotel.

I wish I was going to be home for the game, I could put you up with mom and dad Pappy for a few days.

Good luck and have fun

Pappy

Much appreciated Pap!

Thank you!

Yes Sir!

:tt2

papillon
01-22-2009, 11:50 PM
D,

Good luck and have fun

Pappy

Much appreciated Pap!

Thank you!

Yes Sir!

You're welcome. I hope it all works out for you and you have a rockin time in the Burgh!! The city is going to be electric; it will feel alive with the buzz about the Steelers and the pride in the team that will be displayed. It's a great time to be in the city when the Steelers are in the playoffs and especially the Superbowl.

You won't be able find a place that isn't displaying something Steeler related, the city denizens will almost all be wearing black and gold, it's really quite amazing.

And, a great big Yes Sir! to you

Pappy

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 11:54 PM
D,

Good luck and have fun

Pappy

Much appreciated Pap!

Thank you!

Yes Sir!

You're welcome. I hope it all works out for you and you have a rockin time in the Burgh!! The city is going to be electric; it will feel alive with the buzz about the Steelers and the pride in the team that will be displayed. It's a great time to be in the city when the Steelers are in the playoffs and especially the Superbowl.

You won't be able find a place that isn't displaying something Steeler related, the city denizens will almost all be wearing black and gold, it's really quite amazing.

And, a great big Yes Sir! to you

Pappy

I'm hoping to experience what I miss out on by not living in my favorite team's city.

I suspect I will. :D

NJ-STEELER
01-23-2009, 03:11 AM
i was able to get a place in oakland and i believe greentree (banksvills road) on hotwire in the $60's range. and that was with a home game that night.

maybe you'll find cheaper .specially if yu wait til the end

both were 5 minute rides to heinz. oakland was right by U of PITT 3* holiday inn select.

bankville was a comfort inn 2 1/2 *...not a snice as holiday (i'd call it 2 *)

went to mcfadden's both times after the playoff games. both nights were packed. lots of room...big ass bar/club. has an outside although it was closed those nights.

saw matt spaeth and J capizzi there this past week

JAR
01-23-2009, 07:37 AM
[quote=JAR][quote="stlrz d":3bocn5wr]That's cool DJ...just thought I'd make sure before I make plans.

OK then, the kids will be home from college, so no tour guide for you. :P[/quote:3bocn5wr]

Alright then...it's settled![/quote:3bocn5wr]

Yes sir! here's the article.

The Steelers Nation comes home to root
Many fans who aren't going to Tampa are traveling here for the big game
Friday, January 23, 2009
By Timothy McNulty, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

When a good part of Steelers Nation packs up and makes its pilgrimage to the Holy Land on Super Bowl weekend, it will not be heading to the sunny shores of the Gulf Coast, but the ice floes along the three rivers.

Never mind the huge costs that come with traveling to Tampa and buying $1,000-plus Super Bowl tickets. Some out-of-town fans would rather just soak up the atmosphere -- and the beers -- at Steelers ground zero. Some have Pittsburgh roots and want to see friends and family. Others have no connections to the city other than their adopted team, and plan to make new friends once they get here.

"I'd much rather be in Pittsburgh if they win than in Tampa. I want to share that feeling with other people who really appreciate it," said Cem Akin, 36, who is flying into town from San Francisco. "No expense is too great for the Steelers. It's a lifelong condition."

Pittsburghers suffering through a freezing winter might call that condition insanity. Plenty of people from outside the city see something special in being in town for the big game -- and are coming from as far away as China, the Persian Gulf, the West Coast and Florida itself to prove it.

Dean Vlaovich grew up a Steelers fan in New Jersey and now works for a trucking company in Arkansas. He and his wife, Cinthia, made the 14-hour drive to Pittsburgh for the Super Bowl in 2006, where they found themselves dancing on South Side streets with strangers after the win. They're making the drive again next week.

"Originally people down here thought I was nuts three years ago when we took the trip. But I told my new boss in October during a departmental meeting, 'I will require off the Monday and Tuesday after the Super Bowl if the Steelers are in it.' Everyone laughed," said Mr. Vlaovich, 35. "I said it again every Monday in the same meeting. Until this week. The boss beat me to it and said 'We know, you're off.'"

Marine Corps Major Mark A. Paolicelli of Mt. Lebanon watched the Steelers lose the AFC championship in 2004 during his second tour in Iraq, and during the 2006 Super Bowl was assigned to military exercises while stationed in Guam. He and other Marines were patrolling an airfield for hours, tasked with protecting Naval personnel during an exercise where they were portraying civilians.

Except the Navy guys never showed -- they were watching the game.

"The word didn't filter down to our unit that the exercise was canceled … Some of my Marines were from Pittsburgh, so needless to say, we were pretty upset that we missed the game," he said.

Seeing digital pictures of the parties on Carson Street after the game sealed it -- he'll be traveling from his job at the Pentagon next weekend. "I promised myself that, if I wasn't deployed, I would head back to Pittsburgh to watch the game and (hopefully) celebrate with my friends and family," the 34-year-old wrote in an e-mail.

Kiko Restrepo, an architect based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is flying to Pittsburgh the day before the game to try to duplicate the good time he had on game night in 2006, while a student at Carnegie Mellon.

"We watched and chanted as Oakland went up in a crazy enthusiasm," he said via e-mail.

Brad Wilcock and his fiancee are both ex-Pittsburghers working in Hong Kong. "We scheduled a two-week vacation back to the states around Super Bowl Sunday with a quiet confidence that the black and gold would be playing," he wrote. "We finally get to watch a game at normal hours after watching the last 18 at absurd hours on Monday and Tuesday mornings."

Mark Rosenblatt, 46, is a lifelong Toronto resident who got hooked on the Steelers at age 12, sometimes following them on French-language broadcasts. He turned his father and two sons into fans, so three generations of Rosenblatts will fly to Pittsburgh Super Bowl weekend.

There is the sensitive matter of a family bat mitzvah that Saturday to contend with, which the immigration lawyer has been up-front about missing. "I'm not going to lie and say I'm sick," he said.

On Wednesday, the Post-Gazette asked out-of-town readers of its Web site to call and write with their Pittsburgh Super Bowl travel stories. The newspaper had to take down the request shortly thereafter, due to the flood of replies.

Many of the fans traveling to the Pittsburgh area have family here, and coming back for the big game is as much a well-worn Sunday ritual as church and a big family dinner.

New Jersey fifth-grade teacher Ben Clark, originally from Beechview, is coming back with his two girls -- ages 5 and 8 months -- to watch the game with his parents. As part of his quest to keep them from becoming Eagles fans, he wants to show them how deep Steelers fervor goes.

He was his older daughter's age when the team won its first title in 1975. "I can still hear the fireworks, banging pots and shouts. It was the first time I saw my father cry. Then came the next three titles, each one with its own memory."

Sam Scialabba, 60, formerly of Whitehall, is coming from Clovis, Calif., and plans to introduce his wife to the Strip District, the South Side and other sites before watching the game.

"My primary purpose is not to watch the game but to inter my father who passed away last month in Florida," he wrote. "The game is an unplanned highlight of an otherwise subdued trip."

It should be said that as fun as Pittsburgh can be on Super Sunday, it can be horribly depressing place if the Steelers lose, as they did in to the Cowboys in Tempe, Ariz., in 1996. Some out-of-town fans sheepishly say they want to extend their trips next week if there is a Downtown victory parade. Others are too superstitious to mention it.

Mr. Akin, of San Francisco, a Squirrel Hill native, had a premonition the Steelers would lose to the Cowboys so went with his girlfriend to Florida instead, thinking the beach would keep his mind off a loss. "I was so miserable that for several days I couldn't get myself to come back," he said, noting that the delay cost his girlfriend her job.

The most difficult journey could be by Paul Malec, 37, who, despite being in a cast and on crutches, plans to fly in with his girlfriend Melanie Webb. A lifetime Steelers fan despite being raised in New York City, he was walking his dog Big Ben in November when he was struck by a car on Long Island, breaking multiple bones and ripping his Steelers sweatshirt and flip-flops to pieces.

When he awoke in the hospital, Mr. Malec said he now knew how bad Ben Roethlisberger felt after his 2006 motorcycle accident. Later, Ms. Webb recalled, he asked if he was in hospital bed 7, and was told he was in number 12 instead.

"Oh that's good -- Bradshaw," he replied.

See Weekend Magazine Jan. 29 for a list of places to watch the game.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09023/943877-85.stm

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Awesome ending to that article. "Oh that's good -- Bradshaw," he replied.

Could you imagine some guy in Phoenix waking up in the hospital bed after being hit by a car and immediately asking if he was in hospital bed #13 for Kurt Warner, and they told him no, he was in bed #15, so he replied "Oh that's good -- Neil Lomax." Yeah, right. And the guy who was relieved to be in the Bradshaw bed isn't even from Pittsburgh...he's a lifelong New Yorker! Gotta love it.

stlrz d
01-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice read JAR...thanks for sharing!

stlrz d
01-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Well here's where I'm staying:

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh South Airport
6404 Steubenville Pike
Pittsburgh, PA, USA 15205

Whoooooooo hooooooo!!!!!

I'm so stoked I could sing! Ok, I will, to the tune of the dreaded Renegade!

The room is booked
The trip is set
I'm coming to the Burgh!

:P :lol:

YES SIR!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

DukieBoy
01-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey, D

Have a great pilgrimage.

stlrz d
01-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey, D

Have a great pilgrimage.
Thanks man...wanna hitch a ride? :P

DukieBoy
01-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Hey, D

Have a great pilgrimage.
Thanks man...wanna hitch a ride? :P

Yeah, wish it could be.
You'll represent, though !!!

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-24-2009, 12:40 AM

6404 Steubenville Pike

Whoooooooo hooooooo!!!!!

The room is booked
The trip is set
I'm coming to the Burgh!

YES SIR!!!

Ha! Too funny. That's where I stayed several times while visiting friends back in the 'Burgh. Nice place, don't think you'll have too many problems. Wish I could be there to watch the game back home as well, but I might be able to convince my wife to go to the victory parade :D

JAR
01-24-2009, 09:45 AM

6404 Steubenville Pike

Whoooooooo hooooooo!!!!!

The room is booked
The trip is set
I'm coming to the Burgh!

YES SIR!!!

You'll be in Robinson Township. Right next to the hotel, there are all of the chain restaurants, Denny's, Wendy's, etc. Right across the street is a place called Dibella Subs, which are pretty good.

http://www.dibellas.com/

If you go left out of the hotel and down the pike about 7 miles or so, there is a Primanti's, it's the restaurant, not like the one in the Strip, they have a full menu.

To the right of the hotel, there is the Mall at Robinson and the Pointe at North Fayette, and Robinson Town Center in the Pointe there are quite a few restauants. The mexican place I mentioned before and Bocktown http://www.bocktown.com/ both are pretty cheap. There is also a Quaker Steak and Lube over there and a pretty good italian place called Scoglio's, but it's a little more expensive.

In Robinson Town Center there is the Clubhouse, another place with Pittsburgh food. http://www.robinsonclubhouse.com/

And of course, down to the right on Steubenville (Steubenville Pike is broken up because of the highways there) is Police Station Pizza.

You're staying in my neck of the woods, I wish I had time to meet up with you, I just have too much going on.

stlrz d
01-24-2009, 11:23 AM
CSF - That is funny!

JAR - Thank you so much for all the info...I really do appreciate it! And if you do find a second in your schedule I'd be happy to shake your hand and thank you for all the info.

Someone else told me I've got to try an Original Hot Dog. Let's see...Primanti's, Roethlisburger, Original Hot Dog...is there anything else to put on the food list? :lol:

Btw, where can I get a Roethlisburger anyway? :P I remember seeing them being made once in one of those "segue back to the game" segments. Looked pretty tasty!

pfelix73
01-24-2009, 11:41 AM
In case you're still looking, there's a Red Roof Inn out in Monroeville just off the PA Turnpike and off of Route 376. They are cheap too.....

JAR
01-24-2009, 12:07 PM
CSF - That is funny!

JAR - Thank you so much for all the info...I really do appreciate it! And if you do find a second in your schedule I'd be happy to shake your hand and thank you for all the info.

Someone else told me I've got to try an Original Hot Dog. Let's see...Primanti's, Roethlisburger, Original Hot Dog...is there anything else to put on the food list? :lol:

Btw, where can I get a Roethlisburger anyway? :P I remember seeing them being made once in one of those "segue back to the game" segments. Looked pretty tasty!

You can get a Roethlisberger at Peppi's in the Strip, that place should be hopping on Friday. If there's any left, you can stock up on Steeler gear, anything and everything you'd want Steelers related. A lot of vendors selling non licensed stuff, but you can find a lot of unique Steelers stuff down there.

You can try the O in Oakland, I never really liked it, but I'm not a drunk college student either. :)

If you eat all of this stuff, you'll have to get your arteries rotorooted when you get back home. :)

If I get time, I'll let you know. We may head down to the strip on friday, depending on what time the kids ge home.

stlrz d
01-24-2009, 12:26 PM
CSF - That is funny!

You can get a Roethlisberger at Peppi's in the Strip, that place should be hopping on Friday. If there's any left, you can stock up on Steeler gear, anything and everything you'd want Steelers related. A lot of vendors selling non licensed stuff, but you can find a lot of unique Steelers stuff down there.

You can try the O in Oakland, I never really liked it, but I'm not a drunk college student either. :)

If you eat all of this stuff, you'll have to get your arteries rotorooted when you get back home. :)

If I get time, I'll let you know. We may head down to the strip on friday, depending on what time the kids ge home.

Thanks again...but keep in mind I'm not heading out until Saturday. EARLY Saturday. A three night's stay isn't really in the budget. Well, unless Sunday is too much and I am too wiped out to make the return trip on Monday.

If the job market here were better and I had something lined up, then heck yeah I'd go for it. Come down on Friday and stick around for the welcome back stuff.

Djfan
01-24-2009, 02:00 PM
D,

You are the man. I hope you really live that moment. Large.

Represent!

NJ-STEELER
01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
i went to peppi's on monday to try the roethlisberger. i saw the ingredients (burger, sausage, egg) and chickened out and got the cheeesesteak instead.

i was still hung over from the night before and had a long drive ahead of me.

while in there. there was a group of about 12-15 people from florida that saw the game and were flying out soon. the whole table got the 'roethlisberger' LOL

stlrz d
01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
How's the weather in the Burgh?

Steeler Shades
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Crappy.
Grey, cold & wet.
Its not Tampa.
8)

JAR
01-28-2009, 02:25 PM

Winter storm warning, snow, freezing rain, and back to snow. Everything was closed around here today, schools, gov't offices....

stlrz d
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Sweet!

We got a high of 8 here today. Below zero wind chill. I can't wait to get to the warm city of Pittsburgh! :lol: