PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: anatomy of troy's game-clinching pick

proudpittsburgher
01-22-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e44d45

For those who watch nfln, these are really comprehensive and very informative. makes nuckleheads like me learn more about the game. 2 things I brought out of this.

1. Flacco had 2 better reads on that play, mcgahee out of the backfield, although he was under pressure from Harrison so that likely wouldn't have been possible, and another receiver coming over the middle from the left. No reason at all he shouldn't have gone to him.

2. Can Troy have been more humble in the news conference? "There were a handful of times I screwed up that play during the season. Sometimes you get lucky I guess." Sheesh, take a bow man, that was one helluva catch and run. :tt1

grotonsteel
01-22-2009, 01:42 PM
The break down in that video is amazing...Just shows how complex the Steelers D is...

Aaron Smith is the only D-line man with hands down and then he does not rush...awesome...loved the way Harrison put a move on LT Gaithers and their RB23.

Djfan
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Man. What a detailed war plan. These guys are incredible!

Here comes 6!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for posting, ProudPittsburgher! Holy cow, LeBeau is just a complete yoda.

All I can say about this play, from planning to execution, is WOW!!!

Or rather ... WOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

jj28west
01-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Loved it! Thanks for sharing. Football is so much like modern day gladiators in a game of chess.

Wolfhound45
01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Wow, just wow. That was absolutely awesome.

:Steel

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Two more awesome things I just noticed on rewatching it (yeah, I know, I need a life!):

1) The instant Troy scored, the camera showed Coach Tomlin immediately communicating to everyone - go for 1 point, not two. Not that it's a rocket science decision, but it was an incredibly stressful portion of the game, and he knew what he wanted to do instantly, and he wanted to make sure EVERYONE else knew exactly what he wanted them to do.

2) The second thing was when Troy came over to the bench, Tomlin said to him: "Everyone says Ed Reed, but it's YOU!". What a way to be, coach!

stlrz d
01-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Two more awesome things I just noticed on rewatching it (yeah, I know, I need a life!):

1) The instant Troy scored, the camera showed Coach Tomlin immediately communicating to everyone - go for 1 point, not two. Not that it's a rocket science decision, but it was an incredibly stressful portion of the game, and he knew what he wanted to do instantly, and he wanted to make sure EVERYONE else knew exactly what he wanted them to do.

2) The second thing was when Troy came over to the bench, Tomlin said to him: "Everyone says Ed Reed, but it's YOU!". What a way to be, coach!

You left out the part where just as he gets to the sideline Ben comes over, hugs him and says, "Man you're awesome!"