PDA

View Full Version : Per Mike Pereira on NFLN

stlrz d
01-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Terry McAulay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McAulay) to officiate XLIII.

RKSteel
01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
What, were we typing simultaneously?

stlrz d
01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
What, were we typing simultaneously?

Apparently!

What's really funny is his Wiki page was already updated to include that info!

Flasteel
01-21-2009, 09:41 PM
I can't believe that they didn't discuss any plays from our game. The PI call, the lack of a late hit on Ben, the ridiculous roughing callagainst the Rats, and especially the Holmes shaft.

Did I miss it? I had the tube on the whole time, but admittedly was not paying full attention at times.

SteelerNation1
01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I can't believe that they didn't discuss any plays from our game. The PI call, the lack of a late hit on Ben, the ridiculous roughing callagainst the Rats, and especially the Holmes shaft.

Did I miss it? I had the tube on the whole time, but admittedly was not paying full attention at times.
Nope, Pereira only talked about the Cards-Eagles game.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Pereira doesn't go on to discuss "bad" calls, he goes to show "questionable calls". Those calls where there is some confusion as to what the ruling was and why, and what it should be.

So I had no doubt that the PI, non-call on holds and roughing the passer, or the roughing the kicker would not be reviewed. However, I'm very surprised that the Holmes play was not shown. Maybe he needs some material for next Wednesday with the off week. It is not like they try to hide their mistakes, they admit wrong calls, bad overturns etc. regularly. This one puzzles me.