PDA

View Full Version : From left field....Lebeau's status?

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Listening to Moving the Chains yesterday on the way home from work, Tim Ryan just casually threw out a nugget about this possibly being Bad Word Lebeau's last year and that he could hang it up with a Super Bowl win.

:wft ??? Where did that come from? Has anyone heard anything like this from another source? Not sure where he got this information, but I have not heard it reported anywhere else. For the most part, Tim Ryan isn't a rumor monger, so he had to have got a whiff of this somehow, he's not the "speculation" kind of guy.

Oh well, just thought I'd throw it out as well and see if anyone else heard similar things.

Sugar
01-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I haven't heard anything- but I'm usually the last to know stuff.

That said, Coach LeBeau is in his seventies so I'm sure that there will be continual speculation about his retiring and chances are someone will get it right in the next 5 years.

ramblinjim
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM
the day Lebeau retires from football will be a sad day for the NFL. Why he is not in the Hall of Fame as a player is beyond me. He does need to think about grooming a replacement though.

Second of all. I hope we can all look like he does at 70. If he were bigger, he would look like he could still play for goodness sake.

frankthetank1
01-21-2009, 12:19 PM
if they win a super bowl i wouldnt be too shocked if lebeau retired, but who knows. he is in excellent shape and he loves what he does. i dont see any reason to speculate

Oviedo
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
LeBeau and Paterno have a bet to see who can coach longest.