PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh cheap shots reign supreme

Scarletfire1970
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/pitt ... n-supreme/ (http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/pittsburgh-cheap-shots-reign-supreme/)

Pittsburgh Cheap Shots Reign Supreme
by John Molori on January 20, 2009

Carson Palmer knows it, so does Tom Brady and Matt Hasselbeck. Now, Willis McGahee knows it too. The Pittsburgh Steelers are cheap shot artists, plain and simple. They have been since Bill Cowher became their head coach in 1992, and they remain so with Mike Tomlin at the helm.

It is intrinsic in the game plan devised by defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau to take every opportunity to hurt the opposition whenever possible. Latter day Steeler football is all about blindside hits and helmet first shots. They rely on the consistent ignorance of NFL officials and the blind eye of the league to get away with it.

Steeler fans and the national media who seem to genuflect at the mere mention of this organization should stop sidestepping the issue and embrace what their team is, a band of thugs, no more, no less.

The media is especially guilty. In the wake of Ryan Clark’s dirty hit on Baltimore running back Willis McGahee late in Sunday’s AFC title game, announcers Jim Nantz and Phil Simms immediately exonerated Clark calling the hit perfectly legal. Their replays showed that Clark’s hit was clearly helmet-to-helmet, but Steeler love had taken over the broadcast booth. Clearly, this legendary team could never administer a dirty hit. Please.

Clark Hit On McGahee
by beisbolct
It’s no surprise that Simms let Clark off the hook. He has, in the past, cowered, or shall I say, Cowher-ed similarly. In the first half of the 2002 AFC title game between the Steelers and New England, Simms failed to take a stand when Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon rolled over onto Tom Brady’s legs nearly injuring the Pats’ QB.

Later in the half, when Lee Flowers delivered his infamous dirty hit to Brady’s leg knocking him out of the game, Simms was again mum.

In the second half of that game, New England’s Ty Law shoved Hines Ward while the two were out of bounds. Referee Ed Hochuli tagged Law for unnecessary roughness, but failed to call Ward for a blatant facemask.

CBS showed several replays of the call, and not once did Simms remark on the obvious facemask. But this is Steeler football, baby. Smile to the cameras. Hire a coach that sucks up to the media and loves to be on TV, and you can get away with anything.

Monday, on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Randy Cross and Solomon Wilcots also defended Clark’s hit on McGahee. Wilcots said that there was a little helmet to helmet contact, but stood up for the Steelers. Cross actually said that helmet to helmet hits on a runner do not exist, whatever that means. The pair then chuckled about Willis McGahee being “liquified.” Yeah guys, seeing a player carried off on a stretcher always tickles my funny bone. Later in the show, Cross and Wilcots seemed more concerned about the health and state of Clark than McGahee.

Pittsburgh’s recent history of cheap shots is the stuff of which championships are made. The Steelers’ only Super Bowl title since the Reagan administration was a direct result of perhaps the most fiendish hit in recent memory.

Flash back to the 2005 NFL Wild Card playoffs, Pittsburgh at Cincinnati. The Bengals had finally put together a great season led by quarterback Carson Palmer. They looked every bit the championship team until Pittsburgh’s Kimo von Oelhoffen delivered a vile hit damaging Palmer’s ACL, MCL and PCL. The cheap shot ended the Bengals title hopes and changed the balance of power in the AFC North for the rest of the decade.

Once again, the Steeler apologists immediately absolved von Oelhoffen of any wrongdoing. In true Steeler fashion, von Oelhoffen said he did not mean to hurt Palmer, the same way Ryan Clark sat on the Pittsburgh bench Sunday night seemingly remorseful about his hatchet job on McGahee. Sorry guys, in both cases, the damage had already been done. Palmer has never truly recovered from that hit, and has battled other injuries ever since.

The beloved Steelers of course went on to win the Super Bowl against Seattle in one of the worst officiated games in Super Bowl history. Most of the bad calls, of course, went in favor of Pittsburgh. First time Super Bowl referee Bill Leavy and his crew negatively affected the outcome of the game in embarrassing fashion.

They missed several offside calls against Pittsburgh, called a phantom hold on Seahawk Sean Locklear nullifying a big reception by Jerramy Stevens and called a bogus block below the waist on Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck.

A called fumble by Hasselbeck was correctly overturned by replay, but a clear helmet first hit by Deshea Townsend on Hasselbeck with 6:20 left in the game went ignored. Another dirty Steeler hit, another non-call by officials, another bogus Steeler victory.

The Steelers are not only dirty, they are gutless. At least the Raiders of the 1970s accepted what they were. Jack Tatum, George Atkinson and the gang admitted that they were out to injure and maim. The Cowher-Tomlin Steelers seem to want it all. They want to be respected as a hard-hitting football team that does things the right way, yet on the field, their record of questionable actions speaks for itself.

The towel waving Steeler fools and the merry band of Black and Gold boosters in the media can try to cloak the cheap shots in fabled glory. Bill Cowher can sit at the CBS anchor desk flapping his chin about hard nosed football, and Mike Tomlin can feign concern for victims of his brand of football. Their words are meaningless. On February 1, the Pittsburgh Steelers may in fact be crowned the NFL’s champs. In truth, they are nothing more than a bunch of chumps.

steelcityrules!!
01-20-2009, 09:48 PM
talk about some bitter, sour grapes.
almost enough to make vinegar.

I guess you aren't allowed to tackle with your shoulder anymore, or block someone face to face, as that is considered "dirty"

you chase down one of our offensive players looking to hammer him and or strip the ball, you better have your head on a swivel, because hines has taught our boys to knock down and de-cleat any jerk in the way of a score.

JAR
01-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh bull****! Whining Boston media.

hellbanger
01-20-2009, 09:51 PM
http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/pittsburgh-cheap-shots-reign-supreme/

Pittsburgh Cheap Shots Reign Supreme
by John Molori on January 20, 2009

Carson Palmer knows it, so does Tom Brady and Matt Hasselbeck. Now, Willis McGahee knows it too. The Pittsburgh Steelers are cheap shot artists, plain and simple. They have been since Bill Cowher became their head coach in 1992, and they remain so with Mike Tomlin at the helm.

It is intrinsic in the game plan devised by defensive coordinator bad word LeBeau to take every opportunity to hurt the opposition whenever possible. Latter day Steeler football is all about blindside hits and helmet first shots. They rely on the consistent ignorance of NFL officials and the blind eye of the league to get away with it.

Steeler fans and the national media who seem to genuflect at the mere mention of this organization should stop sidestepping the issue and embrace what their team is, a band of thugs, no more, no less.

The media is especially guilty. In the wake of Ryan Clark’s dirty hit on Baltimore running back Willis McGahee late in Sunday’s AFC title game, announcers Jim Nantz and Phil Simms immediately exonerated Clark calling the hit perfectly legal. Their replays showed that Clark’s hit was clearly helmet-to-helmet, but Steeler love had taken over the broadcast booth. Clearly, this legendary team could never administer a dirty hit. Please.

Clark Hit On McGahee
by beisbolct
It’s no surprise that Simms let Clark off the hook. He has, in the past, cowered, or shall I say, Cowher-ed similarly. In the first half of the 2002 AFC title game between the Steelers and New England, Simms failed to take a stand when Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon rolled over onto Tom Brady’s legs nearly injuring the Pats’ QB.

Later in the half, when Lee Flowers delivered his infamous dirty hit to Brady’s leg knocking him out of the game, Simms was again mum.

In the second half of that game, New England’s Ty Law shoved Hines Ward while the two were out of bounds. Referee Ed Hochuli tagged Law for unnecessary roughness, but failed to call Ward for a blatant facemask.

CBS showed several replays of the call, and not once did Simms remark on the obvious facemask. But this is Steeler football, baby. Smile to the cameras. Hire a coach that sucks up to the media and loves to be on TV, and you can get away with anything.

Monday, on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Randy Cross and Solomon Wilcots also defended Clark’s hit on McGahee. Wilcots said that there was a little helmet to helmet contact, but stood up for the Steelers. Cross actually said that helmet to helmet hits on a runner do not exist, whatever that means. The pair then chuckled about Willis McGahee being “liquified.” Yeah guys, seeing a player carried off on a stretcher always tickles my funny bone. Later in the show, Cross and Wilcots seemed more concerned about the health and state of Clark than McGahee.

Pittsburgh’s recent history of cheap shots is the stuff of which championships are made. The Steelers’ only Super Bowl title since the Reagan administration was a direct result of perhaps the most fiendish hit in recent memory.

Flash back to the 2005 NFL Wild Card playoffs, Pittsburgh at Cincinnati. The Bengals had finally put together a great season led by quarterback Carson Palmer. They looked every bit the championship team until Pittsburgh’s Kimo von Oelhoffen delivered a vile hit damaging Palmer’s ACL, MCL and PCL. The cheap shot ended the Bengals title hopes and changed the balance of power in the AFC North for the rest of the decade.

Once again, the Steeler apologists immediately absolved von Oelhoffen of any wrongdoing. In true Steeler fashion, von Oelhoffen said he did not mean to hurt Palmer, the same way Ryan Clark sat on the Pittsburgh bench Sunday night seemingly remorseful about his hatchet job on McGahee. Sorry guys, in both cases, the damage had already been done. Palmer has never truly recovered from that hit, and has battled other injuries ever since.

The beloved Steelers of course went on to win the Super Bowl against Seattle in one of the worst officiated games in Super Bowl history. Most of the bad calls, of course, went in favor of Pittsburgh. First time Super Bowl referee Bill Leavy and his crew negatively affected the outcome of the game in embarrassing fashion.

They missed several offside calls against Pittsburgh, called a phantom hold on Seahawk Sean Locklear nullifying a big reception by Jerramy Stevens and called a bogus block below the waist on Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck.

A called fumble by Hasselbeck was correctly overturned by replay, but a clear helmet first hit by Deshea Townsend on Hasselbeck with 6:20 left in the game went ignored. Another dirty Steeler hit, another non-call by officials, another bogus Steeler victory.

The Steelers are not only dirty, they are gutless. At least the Raiders of the 1970s accepted what they were. Jack Tatum, George Atkinson and the gang admitted that they were out to injure and maim. The Cowher-Tomlin Steelers seem to want it all. They want to be respected as a hard-hitting football team that does things the right way, yet on the field, their record of questionable actions speaks for itself.

The towel waving Steeler fools and the merry band of Black and Gold boosters in the media can try to cloak the cheap shots in fabled glory. Bill Cowher can sit at the CBS anchor desk flapping his chin about hard nosed football, and Mike Tomlin can feign concern for victims of his brand of football. Their words are meaningless. On February 1, the Pittsburgh Steelers may in fact be crowned the NFL’s champs. In truth, they are nothing more than a bunch of chumps.

WOW! someone's jealous and needs a real team to root for. Poor bastard. I would like to give these guys a hug courtesy of the Steeler Nation.

Jooser
01-20-2009, 09:52 PM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2945/crybabysmileysl3.gif (http://imageshack.us)Sniff.

Flasteel
01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorthCoast
01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
This from a supporter of New England.... yeah the same team that has the ultimate thug in Rodney Harrison. Football is a mean, nasty, 'violent' sport. For those that don't like it, go watch an afternoon of ballet.

Mick'sTeam
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
This guy is nothing more than an example of total ignorance. For someone to sit there and bad mouth the organization and its style of football, when the team they cheer for was caught and exposed as cheaters, reaches far beyond hypocritical. Don't blame the Steelers for continuing the play the game the way it should be, rather than turning in to a bunch of whining panty-waists like most of the league has. This Molori guy is a total joke.

snarky
01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
In the first half of the 2002 AFC title game between the Steelers and New England, Simms failed to take a stand when Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon rolled over onto Tom Brady’s legs nearly injuring the Pats’ QB.

OMG, is he a China doll?

Steel Life
01-20-2009, 10:34 PM
This from a supporter of New England.... yeah the same team that has the ultimate thug in Rodney Harrison. Football is a mean, nasty, 'violent' sport. For those that don't like it, go watch an afternoon of ballet.
Don't forget a team of cheaters - from top to bottom.

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/john_molori.jpg

Anyone for a photoshop or two? :D

Mick'sTeam
01-20-2009, 10:43 PM
http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/john_molori.jpg

What you've got there is funny enough! What a d-bag

Uncle Rico
01-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Crybabies like this joker should just do what Vince McMahon did a few years ago and start up their own professional football league.

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 11:22 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1ux0lftz]http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/john_molori.jpg

What you've got there is funny enough! What a d-bag[/quote:1ux0lftz]

I think it would be cool if someone could give him a black eye and maybe bloody him up or something. Make him look like he got his ass beat in a fight. :D

Mister Pittsburgh
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

Discipline of Steel
01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
[quote="Mick'sTeam":331lq7wl][quote="stlrz d":331lq7wl]http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/john_molori.jpg

What you've got there is funny enough! What a d-bag[/quote:331lq7wl]

I think it would be cool if someone could give him a black eye and maybe bloody him up or something. Make him look like he got his ass beat in a fight. :D[/quote:331lq7wl]

I say put a bow on his head and a pacifier in his mouth. WAAHHHHH!

stlrz d
01-21-2009, 12:08 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3ji3pdtq][quote="Mick'sTeam":3ji3pdtq][quote="stlrz d":3ji3pdtq]http://blitz.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/john_molori.jpg

What you've got there is funny enough! What a d-bag[/quote:3ji3pdtq]

I think it would be cool if someone could give him a black eye and maybe bloody him up or something. Make him look like he got his ass beat in a fight. :D[/quote:3ji3pdtq]

I say put a bow on his head and a pacifier in his mouth. WAAHHHHH![/quote:3ji3pdtq]

That I could actually do myself...funny!

Chachi
01-21-2009, 01:00 AM
I love the article.

Let the Cheatriots whine.

Let the Gayvens whine.

Let them all whine.

Just give me the ring.

....and it reminds me of an old saying.....

"If your opponents don't hate you, you aren't doing it right."

steelercorp
01-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Wow could this guy be any more biased. Every team has hard hits in a game but because his team got set back by the Steelers, Wooooooooooooooooo, he had to go back and find every hard hit that happened in the last 5 years to make an article of decent length, even if its full of bile and hatred.

Chadman
01-21-2009, 02:31 AM
So how many of you responded?

Chadman did... :tt1

Djfan
01-21-2009, 02:35 AM
BTW, you stupid liberal, Palmer acknowledged that Kimo's hit was an accident.

He's the kind of guy who votes to ban scoring in AYSO and Pop Warner because it might hurt the kid's self esteem.

Pansy. If you want your team to be esteemed, tell them to be esteemable, not cheaters and sore losers who leave the field of the SB you just got owned on before it's over!!

And don't try to bring all the other teams into your sewage to make you feel like you're as good as the other teams. No one buys it outside of the Bradyphiles out there like you! It's like the cheating argument NE* fans make: "Everyone does it. We just got caught". NOPE! Not everyone is slimy like your pats* loser boy. Deal with it, but not with the lies and falsehoods.

But, I guess that's why you all vote the Kennedy murderer into office each term. You all just work that slimy way, I guess.

AngryAsian
01-21-2009, 02:42 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/john_molori.jpg

The tooth knocked out due to frequent entries of foreign objects.

steelercorp
01-21-2009, 02:46 AM

Yes Sir!!!!

Nice Photoshop....and so quick too. You rock.

fordfixer
01-21-2009, 02:52 AM

This guy looked kinda like Costanza. Well before Asian worked him over anyway

Chachi
01-21-2009, 08:54 AM

He's the kind of guy who votes to ban scoring in AYSO and Pop Warner because it might hurt the kid's self esteem.

Pansy. If you want your team to be esteemed, tell them to be esteemable, not cheaters and sore losers who leave the field of the SB you just got owned on before it's over!!

And don't try to bring all the other teams into your sewage to make you feel like you're as good as the other teams. No one buys it outside of the Bradyphiles out there like you! It's like the cheating argument NE* fans make: "Everyone does it. We just got caught". NOPE! Not everyone is slimy like your pats* loser boy. Deal with it, but not with the lies and falsehoods.

But, I guess that's why you all vote the Kennedy murderer into office each term. You all just work that slimy way, I guess.

I don't know.

After reading the article I got the feeling he was a conservative....loving the success (and big hits) his team has had this decade but the instance his rival has success....turns on a dime and rails against the very things he likes his team to do.

I mean, that blaming the media ("the national media who seem to genuflect" and "The media is especially guilty.") crap he pulls is boilerplate right wing wacko mantra.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-21-2009, 09:09 AM
There, one of each, let's leave it there. Shouldn't have started in the first place. Thanks -

Ghost
01-21-2009, 09:52 AM
No one hates losers - they don't care abut them. Hate away on the path to the 6th Lombardis.

This azz clown is a blogger, not even a real journalist.

stlrz d
01-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Yeah!!!

And Chadman, I responded too!

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM

Ahh...DJ you stole my thunder. He claims Steeler apologists were quick to say the hit on Palmer was legal. Well I guess that makes Palmer a Steeler apologist. Glad he is on our side.

What a :loser .

ramblinjim
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I just think it's great that a PATS fan could call Steelers cheaters. How about the fact that the Ref's never call holding on the left tackle as he is tacking James Harrison coming through. If the Ref's really favored the Steelers they could occasionally let Colon get away with one of his false starts.

But to call the Steelers cheaters is just ludicrous and immediately makes this guy stupid. People that don't know what the h3ll they are talking about should not talk.

frankthetank1
01-21-2009, 12:23 PM
ive never heard of the guy before. what paper does he write for? what a joke. its funny all of the commentators he talks trash about for thinking that those steeler hits were clean were almost all ex players. john assface or whatever his name is im sure has never played a down of organized football in his life. what a loser

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
ive never heard of the guy before. what paper does he write for? what a joke. its funny all of the commentators he talks trash about for thinking that those steeler hits were clean were almost all ex players. john assface or whatever his name is im sure has never played a down of organized football in his life. what a loser

Well he showed he's never played football before when he is crying about tackles being helmet to helmet and people rolling into the legs of other players. These things happen in football. Thats why helmets are worn, it wasn't used as a weapon, it was a clean hit.

D-Bag.

100$handshake
01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Rodney Harrison and Vince Wilfork are two of the dirtiest players in the HISTORY of this league. Stop whining in your baked beans you piece of crap Boston hack !

decleater
01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Who cares what that obviously biased idiot writes? He needs a good decleater to clear his mind! :Steel

Chemsteel
01-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Tackling and hitting is not voluntary when you are a Pittsburgh Steeler.

If anyone goes to this guys Blog and responds then he has accomplished his mission and benefits.

skyhawk
01-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I love how these guys like to throw around the term "helmet-to-helmet". It happens on every play. Have you ever seen the scrapes on a helmet? They are from other HELMETS, not someones hands :roll: Unbelievable that they (he) are calling that hit cheap. I just don't get it.

Did he not see Ray Lewis spear a Steeler earlier in the game with the crown of his helmet?