PDA

View Full Version : Anyone headed to the Superbowl?

GreggyDigital
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Just got a call from my pops to tell me he and his wife just got tickets to the Superbowl. I asked him what time we were leaving and informed me that to get a ticket, I'd have to kill my step-mother.

I told him not to tempt me. :)

Lol but I was wondering if anyone else is footing the 2k tickets and cheering the Steelers on in person.

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll be there. Won the season ticket holder lottery through the team again, allowing me to buy face value tickets from them ($800 this time...was $600 last time). I'm working on travel arrangements now. Likely staying at my aunt's in West Palm Beach (about 3.5 hours away) rather than trying to find a hotel in Tampa at those obscene prices. Since we drive over 5 hours to every other Steeler game, it feels about right.

GreggyDigital
01-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll be there. Won the season ticket holder lottery through the team again, allowing me to buy face value tickets from them ($800 this time...was $600 last time). I'm working on travel arrangements now. Likely staying at my aunt's in West Palm Beach (about 3.5 hours away) rather than trying to find a hotel in Tampa at those obscene prices. Since we drive over 5 hours to every other Steeler game, it feels about right.

My dad is actually getting a hotel in Orlando. Free is hard to pass up but I think you could probably get decent rates and a much shorter drive if you think about that option.

Either way, that's awesome, man. Enjoy yourself.

Flasteel
01-20-2009, 11:20 PM

Does that mean that you won't be doing any pre-game festivities on the Friday night or Saturday before the game? I'm throwing down in the streets of Tampa and will go where the smell of beer and brats takes me. The guy I've watched Steeler games with for the past 20 years just called and the Steelers are staying the same hotel where his Tampa office is housed. It also has a Don Shula's Steakhouse in the lobby...that'll be where I dine Friday and/or Saturday.

Let me know what the deal is Ruthless and we can maybe throw a couple of beers back.

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2009, 11:30 PM

Does that mean that you won't be doing any pre-game festivities on the Friday night or Saturday before the game? I'm throwing down in the streets of Tampa and will go where the smell of beer and brats takes me. The guy I've watched Steeler games with for the past 20 years just called and the Steelers are staying the same hotel where his Tampa office is housed. It also has a Don Shula's Steakhouse in the lobby...that'll be where I dine Friday and/or Saturday.

Let me know what the deal is Ruthless and we can maybe throw a couple of beers back.

I'm flying out Friday night (plane lands in Florida around 11:30) and will be leaving on Monday morning (around 10:30). Other than that, nothing has been planned yet. My brother is coming with me, and he is a big Dolphin fan, so I'm sure he would think that eating in a Don Shula steakhouse would be cool. You better check about availablity in advance, though. Some other those nicer places may be rented out for private parties the night before the Super Bowl. And if not, they waits to eat at some places could be unbearable. We couldn't get into the Hockeytown Cafe in Detroit without waiting for a couple of hours, so we gave up and went elsewhere.

Flasteel
01-20-2009, 11:40 PM

I'm flying out Friday night (plane lands in Florida around 11:30) and will be leaving on Monday morning (around 10:30). Other than that, nothing has been planned yet. My brother is coming with me, and he is a big Dolphin fan, so I'm sure he would think that eating in a Don Shula steakhouse would be cool. You better check about availablity in advance, though. Some other those nicer places may be rented out for private parties the night before the Super Bowl. And if not, they waits to eat at some places could be unbearable. We couldn't get into the Hockeytown Cafe in Detroit without waiting for a couple of hours, so we gave up and went elsewhere.

Good call, but I'm not worried one bit. I get in or I don't get in. If I'm by myself I'll just belly up to the bar, otherwise I'll play it by ear. Just be sure to drop contact info or tentative plans here on the board before you depart and maybe a few of us can actually get together.

phillyesq
01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm very tempted to go, but there are two problems right now. I'm having difficulty finding somebody else willing to shell out that much money, and I can't seem to find any sort of reasonable hotel accommodations. I'm considering leaving Sunday a.m., going to the game, finding a bar that doesn't close, and then getting to the airport for a really early flight Monday without sleeping. And this horrendous plan is all predicated on finding somebody else willing to shell out the obscene money for tickets.

JAR
01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm going, I just purchased this! :lol:

http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-ticke ... =170225440 (http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-tickets/?ticket_id=170225440)

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2009, 10:28 AM

http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-ticke ... =170225440 (http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-tickets/?ticket_id=170225440)

Are you inviting 35 PlanetSteeler posters to join you in your luxury suite? :lol:

JAR
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM

Are you inviting 35 PlanetSteeler posters to join you in your luxury suite? :lol:

No, I'm taking ratbird fans because I feel sorry for them. :)

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM

I waited. 5 hours in the 20 degree cold. Ridiculous, but it was worth it to be able to watch the game in there since I didn't have a Super Bowl ticket!!!!