PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Activities

Flasteel
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I was hoping to do some partying in the lots adjacent to the RayJay, but apparently you need a Super Bowl Ticket to get on the grounds...it ain't happening for me. There are still plenty of activities if anyone is planning on coming down to party.

Here's a website with an official activities calendar:
http://www.tampabaysuperbowl.com/events.htm

I plan on hanging out in Tampa on Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night. More than likely I'll return to Bradenton/ Sarasota for the game. I'll be cruising around Ybor City in the Steeler mobile and maybe hit up some bars in Channelside as well. It should be a street party atmosphere everywhere with a Black-n-Gold invasion.

Asian was discussing getting a condo or something to that effect and I don't want to detract from anything he may be thinking of. However, I thought that there might be a few people interested in banding together to score a 20' x 40' lot as part of Super Gate II

http://www.supergateii.com/

For $300 you get the lot for three days and access to all of the festivities on site (which is 3 miles from the stadium. If anyone plans on RV-ing it, this is the place to go.

Schedule
Supergate II Tampa, Florida: Thursday January 29 to Monday February 2, 2009
Thursday January 29
Opening Day Arrival 3 pm
Check in and sign-ups
Opening Night Happy Hour Kick-off party 6 pm to ???
Friday January 30 Arrivals 6 am
Check in and sign-ups
Happy Hour 4 pm
Poker Tournamnet sponsored by TailGate Beer 6 pm
Entertainment
Saturday January 31
Book signing with Chris Warner, A Tailgater's Guide to SEC Football 10:30-11:30am
Tailgate Decathlon Events begin at 11 am
Radical Rig and Site Competition sponsored by YourTailgateParty.com
The Grog Slosh Beer Pong Tourney sponsored by Bing Bong and N'ice Rack
Bob Hopeless Ladder Golf Classic sponsored by Ladder Golf
Booty Bag Corn Hole Toss sponsored by Tailgate Toss
Washoes Tourney sponsored by Pubwashers
Hogshead Flip Cup Competition sponsored by My Solo Cup
The Cholula Wing Bowl
Blacktop's Best BBQ Open sponsored by YourTailgateParty.com
Happy Hour 4 pm
Entertainment
SuperBowl Sunday February 1
The Cholula Bloody Maria Mix-off
Radical Rig and Site Competition ballot turn in
The Cholula SuperFan and Blacktop Babe Pageant
Tailgate Decathlon Awards Ceremony sponsored by Premium Seats USA
Happy Hour
GAME TIME
Monday February 4
Departure 12 noon

costanza2k1
01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Reads like sticky material...sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Flasteel
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM

Good idea Cos. Hopefully we can get some of the Planet down here.

flippy
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM

Good idea Cos. Hopefully we can get some of the Planet down here.

Smashmouthfootball dude is there and he and his wife are looking to party......

Djfan
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike and Mike from 1250 ESPN will be in front of the Marriott in Tampa interviewing a great list of people during their regular show time M-F next week.

If you're there the names are pretty big.

Also, if you're there I hate you unless you bring me.

j/k

Oviedo
01-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Come over to Orlando until Friday or Saturday. Lots of Steelers fans live here and more are starting to come into town.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Come over to Orlando until Friday or Saturday. Lots of Steelers fans live here and more are starting to come into town.

You will be in Orlando on Saturday? Will you be meeting up with Asian and Flasteel there (or anywhere this weekend)? I'm thinking about instead of driving the 7 hour round trip from West Palm to Tampa on both Saturday and Sunday, I may do a 5 hour round trip to Orlando on Saturday and then the 7 hour round trip to Tampa on Sunday. Not sure what we are going to do on Saturday yet....just know we'll be leaving as early as possible on Sunday morning for the Tampa invasion. There is certainly plenty of options in the Orlando area. We also might just hang in West Palm on Saturday, or drive an hour or so south down to Miami instead. Don't know.