PDA

View Full Version : This guy was telling me to watch out ... dehydration

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
The Steelers, used to playing in cold weather now, may be susceptible to dehydration in Tampa. And that the Cardinals won't be because they're used to it.

Makes sense a bit, I wonder if Tomlin has them practicing in a sauna for 2 weeks.

jj28west
01-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Excellent Point...its little things like this you wish you can point out to the right people now instead of seeing cramping and runs to the locker room for IV during one of the largest organized sport/entertainment events off all time.

Flasteel
01-20-2009, 06:49 PM
The Steelers, used to playing in cold weather now, may be susceptible to dehydration in Tampa. And that the Cardinals won't be because they're used to it.

Makes sense a bit, I wonder if Tomlin has them practicing in a sauna for 2 weeks.

First of all, it's like 40 f-ing degrees here in the bay area right now. It more than likely won't be that cold in a couple of weeks but the game is in the evening and it won't be warmer than 70 degrees at kickoff. Heat is not an issue.

Secondly, the Cards play in a climate-controlled stadium and aren't exactly subjected to sweltering conditions.

Who ever was telling you to watch out is just flapping their gums.

steelsun7
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM

First of all, it's like 40 f-ing degrees here in the bay area right now. It more than likely won't be that cold in a couple of weeks but the game is in the evening and it won't be warmer than 70 degrees at kickoff. Heat is not an issue.

Secondly, the Cards play in a climate-controlled stadium and aren't exactly subjected to sweltering conditions.

I get what your sayin Fla.But it's where you live that gets you acclimated to the weather not necessarily where you play.
That being said i don't think weather will be any factor based on the temp being what it is in tampa this time of year

mshifko
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
i don't think the weather will be a factor...if this game was played in the afternoon in sept. i think we may have a problem...but like flasteel said, it will be about 70 degrees which is similiar to a dome temp

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
And, to the degree it might make any difference in terms of overheating, I guess white jerseys are a good idea!

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Yeah, the game starts at 6:30 and will end around 11:00. It is not exactly like we are playing a game at high noon in the desert in August. I expect cool temps if anything.

sd steel
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Tell the guy he's an idiot, :Cheers

snarky
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Even in Miami (which is much more tropical this time of year) it wouldn't be a factor at night this time of year.