PDA

View Full Version : Clark won't be fined

JAR
01-20-2009, 04:00 PM
for his hit on Willis. Just saw it on the ESPN scroll. So quit yer whining ratbird fans.

snarky
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
JAR, that picture in your sig should be a stamp.

fezziwig
01-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Looks like he is waiting for a bus or in detention.

I know, looks like the Steelers just crushed him of all his dreams. Yeah, that's it !

Does anyone have a thread of all the dejected fans and players over the years that the Steelers helped bum out ?

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Does anyone have a thread of all the dejected fans and players over the years that the Steelers helped bum out ?

There would be too many. It would fill up the entire inter-web.
:wink:

proudpittsburgher
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Nor should he be. It was obvious he was leading with his shoulder. Just because a hit is hard doesn't make it illegal. Raturds fans and anyone else picketing this cause need to get a life.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 06:59 PM
When does that NFL buffoon (Vice President for Silly Rules Committee, or whatever he is) come out with his weekly review of controversial calls?

JAR
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
When does that NFL buffoon (Vice President for Silly Rules Committee, or whatever he is) come out with his weekly review of controversial calls?

It's on Wednesday's on NFLN. He's retiring this year, so he'll soon be replaced by another buffoon.

phillyesq
01-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Nor should he be. It was obvious he was leading with his shoulder. Just because a hit is hard doesn't make it illegal. Raturds fans and anyone else picketing this cause need to get a life.

:Agree

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Holmes will not be fined for scoring a TD.......

I'm sorry, isn't this the thread where we say that guys won't be fined for some ridiculous reason?

Seriously, Sweed deserved to be fined by his fellow players for dropping such a wide open ball then lying around uninjured more than Clark does.

papillon
01-21-2009, 12:03 AM

I'm sorry, isn't this the thread where we say that guys won't be fined for some ridiculous reason?

Seriously, Sweed deserved to be fined by his fellow players for dropping such a wide open ball then lying around uninjured more than Clark does.

I'm sure the Steelers kangaroo court was in session and Sweed paid a price for dropping the TD and then the injury :shock: just added insult to injury. He didn't get off scott free by his fellow teammates, no way, no how.

Pappy

fezziwig
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM
How many second round draft pick receivers have we had that didn't pan out of late ? How many first rounds that haven't done well ?

Troy Edwards waste of a pick.
Plaxico couldn't appreciate all that he had. Was good, not great.
Charles Johnson......... He never showed me too much for being a number one.
Jeff Grahm. Jeff was okay at times but eventually was sent packing too.
Ernie Mills in my opinion had no quarterback good enough to get on the same page with him.
Derick Hill......This is going back a ways. I thought he was a wide receiver 2nd round pick that was supposed to be a steal. Or was he a runninback ? Either way, shows what a waste of a pick he was.
Cedric was between good and average at times but did come through in the important games. Could use him right now.
Who was that scrub that we kept on the team for a while ? Bad hands, slow but Cowher and company insisted on keeping him around.
Hines was a steal and I knew it the first time I saw him play. I would scream that he wasn't on the field at the start of his Steeler days.
Blackwell.............sorry I can't stop laughing. I wonder how many insurance companies have black balled him ?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-21-2009, 03:17 PM

I'm sure the Steelers kangaroo court was in session and Sweed paid a price for dropping the TD and then the injury :shock: just added insult to injury. He didn't get off scott free by his fellow teammates, no way, no how.

Pappy

Interestingly enough, I get the feeling that the incident will be a turning point for Sweed. He had another of several drops, comes to the sidelines and gets dressed down by Tomlin. However, instead of being parked in the doghouse, he is back on the field just a few plays later and delivers a huge blow on a block. Later in the game he also had a very nice break up of an INT and a good tough reception on 3rd and 8. Lets see if he can carry that into the SB, and then into next season.

fezziwig
01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I just read that Tomlin said, he wasn'y upset that Lima missed the pass, those things happen. He said he was "pissed" that he faked the injury and cost them their last timeout. Be a man and grow up he told Lima.

If true, Wow !

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I just read that Tomlin said, he wasn'y upset that Lima missed the pass, those things happen. He said he was "pissed" that he faked the injury and cost them their last timeout. Be a man and grow up he told Lima.

If true, Wow !

I read the same thing. And Sweed responded almost immediately with his big block.

decleater
01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm ecstatic Clark won't be fined for playing hard-nosed defensive football. How big of the NFL. :moon