PDA

View Full Version : Is Santonio finally breaking out?

RussBII
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I think we all expected huge things from 'Tone this year... He pretty much disappointed me this year... that is until the Playoffs.

He's scored two HUGE TDs, so far. He was robbed of another. I think he may finally be breaking out and living up to his promise. Both of his TDs were totally due to his open field running ability, vision and speed. Ben got him the ball in a favorable area, but he did the rest. I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do against 'zona.

Anyone else agree?

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I have been pleased, as of late, with Sir Smokey.

Let's hope he has one more big game.....in 2 weeks.

Snatch98
01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Is it just me or does his running gate always make him look like he's moving slower than he is? Either way Santonio is legit and I don't think earlier in the season it was necessarily his inability but rather poor play calling. He's always had a knack for the big play, thankfully it's showing up in the playoffs.

RussBII
01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Is it just me or does his running gate always make him look like he's moving slower than he is? Either way Santonio is legit and I don't think earlier in the season it was necessarily his inability but rather poor play calling. He's always had a knack for the big play, thankfully it's showing up in the playoffs.

Snatch, (i love addressing posts like that)

I agree w/ his gait. He's just smooth. He's gotta be tough to cover because of that. The only other person I've seen run like that was John Stallworth... and that turned out ok.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
He sure knows how to use blockers too!

Djfan
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
He sure knows how to use blockers too!

That was the part that impressed me. He set up his blockers and waited them out. Kudos to Miller and Nate for stepping up there. That TD was as much them as Holmes.

In Troys TD, he set up his blockers and used the field to go against the grain. But, if you look at the replay, he ran the last 10+ yards with only one blocker (Keisel I think) against 8 rats. 8! Troy is from another universe.

papillon
01-20-2009, 03:27 PM
The best part of the run as far as I'm concerned was the fact that as he broke in the clear and was moving down the sideline he was continually looking for tacklers from the side and behind him to be sure that he didn't get stripped after a big play. Showing that patience also allowed him to set up the blockers. It was an awesome catch and run.

Pappy

ikestops85
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I think we all expected huge things from 'Tone this year... He pretty much disappointed me this year... that is until the Playoffs.

He's scored two HUGE TDs, so far. He was robbed of another. I think he may finally be breaking out and living up to his promise. Both of his TDs were totally due to his open field running ability, vision and speed. Ben got him the ball in a favorable area, but he did the rest. I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do against 'zona.

Anyone else agree?

I too expected Tone to have a big year, even be mentioned with the league's top receivers, but that didn't happen. It's nice to see him start to make some big plays again and hopefully he can ride that wave of confidence into the SB. Just remember he also dropped a sure TD when the Rats came with an all out blitz and Ben was a little behind with the pass but it should have been caught. That's what bothers me about this team. The offense leaves too many points on the field either through dropped passes, penalties, sacks or just bad play calling. I realize that I am just nit-picking and they are going to the SB. :tt2 It's just that if this offense ever got it's act together I think this could have been the most dominant team in league history. Oh well, I guess I will just have to settle with them being this year's

World Champions

:Beer :Beer :Beer

Djfan
01-21-2009, 04:21 AM
If he is breaking out he can call Romo for Jessica's insider info for Proactiv Solutions!

http://www.proactiv.com/celebrity/jessica-simpson.php?pactvid=0815b6117c14081597ba99e309df14 98

[youtube:viaukkxv]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2V5EK0azgA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2V5EK0azgA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:viaukkxv]

NorthCoast
01-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Perhaps he has been living behind Hines' shadow for too long. With Hines' down, this is his time to shine. We've seen this happen before with other players (especially QBs), the old vet goes down, the young stud rises.

NorCal-Steeler
01-22-2009, 12:36 AM
All the really good smoke is gone by xmas , Stonio must be drying out.

frankthetank1
01-22-2009, 09:23 AM
he had a dissapointing season but he has been huge in the post season. he is amazing when he has the ball in his hands. i didnt like the idea of him returning punts but thats why im not a coach

Steelerphile
01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I was thinking along those lines. That when he got busted, maybe, possibly that was enough of a wake-up call, that he quit smoking, as least during the season. Since the ingredients in marijuana take a long time to leave the tissues in the brain and the body, possibly he might now finally be clearing up.

If so, it is right on time. He is now making the type of plays that most of us thought he could have been making the whole year. I hope he has one or two of those left.