PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Towel sighting at Inauguration

Iron Shiek
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Unbelievable. On the CNN feed, just as President Obama wrapped up his inaugural address, they were showing crowd shots, and focused on someone waving a Terrible Towel. Absolutely amazing. :tt2

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I heard Obama had one in his coat!

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28752263/

Rooney Invited To D.C., Gives Obama Championship Game Ball
Steelers Chairman Attends Inauguration Eve Dinner In Washington

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
updated 22 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - One of Pittsburgh's "first families" welcomed the country's new First Family at a bipartisan event on the eve of President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney was in the receiving line before dinner Monday night at the "Yes We Did Celebration." He gave Obama a game ball from the previous night's AFC Championship at Heinz Field, where the Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens to advance to Super Bowl XLIII.

"And that was a rare moment. That was one we didn't expect," said Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod.

Gov. Ed Rendell was also among the Pennsylvania dignitaries in attendance at the event, which was held at the Washington Plaza Hotel.

Obama is a self-professed fan of the Steelers. Rooney endorsed him throughout his campaign and often appeared in public with him when Obama visited Pittsburgh.

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2009, 01:43 PM

..and then he took off his tophat, covered it with the Terrible Towel, and pulled out 2 Trillion Dollars....

:D

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 02:03 PM

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
updated 22 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - One of Pittsburgh's "first families" welcomed the country's new First Family at a bipartisan event on the eve of President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney was in the receiving line before dinner Monday night at the "Yes We Did Celebration." He gave Obama a game ball from the previous night's AFC Championship at Heinz Field, where the Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens to advance to Super Bowl XLIII.

"And that was a rare moment. That was one we didn't expect," said Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod.

Gov. Ed Rendell was also among the Pennsylvania dignitaries in attendance at the event, which was held at the Washington Plaza Hotel.

Obama is a self-professed fan of the Steelers. Rooney endorsed him throughout his campaign and often appeared in public with him when Obama visited Pittsburgh.

Though like Rooney I voted for this guy, I would want verification that what the author of this newspiece says is true, about Obama being a Steeler fan. I know he's shown cojones in the past about wading into enemy territory and staying true the Chicago Cubs, but would he really be a Steelers fan and not a Bears fan? I figure either a) he isn't a self-professed Steeler fan, or b) he is not immune from pandering like any other politician.

Geez man, what a gift!

JAR
01-20-2009, 02:06 PM

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
updated 22 minutes ago

Though like Rooney I voted for this guy, I would want verification that what the author of this newspiece says is true, about Obama being a Steeler fan. I know he's shown cojones in the past about wading into enemy territory and staying true the Chicago Cubs, but would he really be a Steelers fan and not a Bears fan? I figure either a) he isn't a self-professed Steeler fan, or b) he is not immune from pandering like any other politician.

Geez man, what a gift!

[youtube:3jj0wy7d]SmiZs2stDRQ[/youtube:3jj0wy7d]

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
updated 22 minutes ago

Geez man, what a gift!

[youtube:2tcke1k5]SmiZs2stDRQ[/youtube:2tcke1k5]

I can't see it at work man, give me a hint!!

snarky
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey Obama. What about Roy Gerela!!!!!

JAR
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
updated 22 minutes ago

Geez man, what a gift!

[youtube:3kezx7dc]SmiZs2stDRQ[/youtube:3kezx7dc]

I can't see it at work man, give me a hint!!

it's an interview with Obama where he says that since he grew up in Hawaii and because they didn't have a pro football team, that he adopted the Steelers. he's a Bears fan first though. He'd have to be though or he'd get crucified.

flippy
01-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Barak posts on here as that Maui Steeler Fan guy....

Djfan
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM

Hey Maui Steeler Fan Guy, can I have a bail out?

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Unbelievable. On the CNN feed, just as President Obama wrapped up his inaugural address, they were showing crowd shots, and focused on someone waving a Terrible Towel. Absolutely amazing. :tt2

I saw it too!

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-20-2009, 09:36 PM

..and then he took off his tophat, covered it with the Terrible Towel, and pulled out 2 Trillion Dollars....

:D

:wft

Remind me again WHY we need 2 trillion dollars? Something about going shopping and ...

Let's not go here man.

:Beer :tt2

Captain Lemming
01-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes I went by "Mauisteel" on the trib site, not here. Sorry for being late, Kinda busy day. 8)

Not admitting/ not denying but.......

There are people here from the trib site with whom most of the following facts about me have come up over the years:

I am a black guy born in the early sixties, now in my forties who grew up in Hawaii and have been a Steeler fan since the 70s. I now live on the continent.

Come to whatever conclusion you will... :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Yes I went by "Mauisteel" on the trib site, not here. Sorry for being late, Kinda busy day. 8)

There are people here from the trib site with whom most of the following facts about me have come up over the years:

I am a black guy born in the early sixties, now in my forties who grew up in Hawaii and have been a Steeler fan since the 70s. I now live on the continent.

Are you posting this from a blackberry while at a party of some sort?

D Rock
01-21-2009, 12:50 AM

no...he's not allowed to play with the blackberry anymore. Security something or other, although I'm not really sure why a lemming is important enough to protect :?:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-21-2009, 01:08 AM

Mauisteel/Capt. Lemming - who do you like better, Steelers or Bears?

stlrz d
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Here it is on video! :D

[youtube:19f9uago]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/beFeGDuVIgY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/beFeGDuVIgY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:19f9uago]

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Nice find d!!