PDA

View Full Version : From a Cowboy fan.

trueblue09
01-20-2009, 03:03 AM
First off, i want to say congratulations to the steelers for making it to the superbowl. The fans on the Cowboy forums hope you guys lose so you aren't "the first to 6 rings." All they ever do is just whine and moan and
It makes me sick how they have no respect for fellow competition or fans. I, for one do. so with that said, i wish the pittsburgh steelers the best of luck. they earned it.i only wish my team could get there again, but right now they can't even make it into the playoffs. oh well, maybe someday the drama will end and they'll get the Dallas pride back.

fordfixer
01-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Thanks

DukieBoy
01-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks.
You seem to have a balanced perspective.
It will be interesting to see the response to your post.
Individually, I don't mind the "hate" that comes with an intense rivalry.
But the disrespect for superior play and for the game in general is not acceptable.
And the whining and complaining is just weak.

Your team seems to lack discipline and unity.
You guys need a Tomlin-type HC.
And dumping TO and Pacman is addition by subtraction.

Oviedo
01-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks.
You seem to have a balanced perspective.
It will be interesting to see the response to your post.
Individually, I don't mind the "hate" that comes with an intense rivalry.
But the disrespect for superior play and for the game in general is not acceptable.
And the whining and complaining is just weak.

Your team seems to lack discipline and unity.
You guys need a Tomlin-type HC.
And dumping TO and Pacman is addition by subtraction.

The only thing holding the Cowboys back from playing us in the next Super Bowl is that their egomaniac owner won't shut his freakin mouth and stay in his luxury box.

The problem with the Cowboys is not TO, Pacman or any other player it is Jerry Jones. Until they fix that they will continue to be a luxury version of the Oakland Raiders.

proudpittsburgher
01-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Yea, hate to say it, but the worst thing that could have happened to Dallas was winning those super bowls in the mid 90's. It proved to Jerry Jones, in his mind anyway, that team chemistry isn't important, and that he could win a super bowl with talent and egomaniacs alone. Because of that, no amount of late-season meltdowns and big ticket signings/locker room cancers will ever prove him wrong. So, you are stuck with Jerry's style for the time being. I agree with the above posters, addition by subtraction. Get rid of TO, and you will instantly be in the playoffs.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-20-2009, 10:29 AM
I have a friend who is a big Cowboys fan, and he has kind of been torn over the past few years. As a fan, obviously he hated TO to a point way beyond the usual rivalry. He did his stomp the star routine with the Niners, and then played for a hated division rival, all the while being front and center.

To put it in Steelers terms, we hate several Ravens, like Ray Lewis as a rival, but it never got personal. To reach that level, you would have to talk about signing a guy like Housh who had wiped his shoes with the Terrible Towel. That was taking it to a personal level. And as big a douche as we all think he is, he isn't as loud and obnoxious about it as TO always has been.

Then they go out and sign any guy whose name has appeared more than once on a police blotter and has a nickname - like Tank and Pacman. How can you be happy about where this team has gone? I know that winning has a way of making us forget some of the flaws, but missing the playoffs sure doesn't.

I agree with the poster who said that the problem begins up top. Jerry Jones had some success not knowing enough about football and owning a dysfunctional team. However, it was all held together by the glue in Jimmy Johnson's hair. He was the mastermind behind that team - him and the GM of the Vikes at the time who traded the world for Hershel Walker.

Now they are left with an owner who does not know how to run a football team, who is insisting on running it all by himself. This team will continue to fail as long as this situation continues.

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/pacmanvisit.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/scoobydoo.jpg

Just a bit of fun...welcome to the board!

But JJ does = AD.

DukieBoy
01-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Agreed 100% about JJones' negative impacts as stated.

Djfan
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Classy approach to things sir. I hope your team can figure things out, but I'll never stop hating on them. Jerry Jones is a problem child. Fix that and you have a team again.

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
The interesting thing is that I have always "hated" the Cowboys as a rival. I had extra "hate" because of that whole Americas team thing. But, for the most part, I always thought most of their players were classy (Roger S., Troy A, Emmit Smith). I also really respected Tom Landry.

Now, I think they are sliding into an area where their players are not of character either.

kennyes
01-21-2009, 03:34 AM
First off, i want to say congratulations to the steelers for making it to the superbowl. The fans on the Cowboy forums hope you guys lose so you aren't "the first to 6 rings." All they ever do is just whine and moan and
It makes me sick how they have no respect for fellow competition or fans. I, for one do. so with that said, i wish the pittsburgh steelers the best of luck. they earned it.i only wish my team could get there again, but right now they can't even make it into the playoffs. oh well, maybe someday the drama will end and they'll get the Dallas pride back.

Wow you maybe the only decent Cowboy fan that I've ever, albeit it 'unofficially' met. That being said kudos and welcome!

As stated prior, the biggest hurdle for the BOYS success IMO is your owner.
Albeit a fine example for plastic surgery, Jerry Jones. It could always be worse for Dallas fans though. Al Davis could be your owner.
Maybe Jerry can give Al some advice or at least some suggestions on creepy cosmetic manipulation...

Perhaps self esteem and some teeth whitener might be all that Oakland needs to make a run for post season failure...

:P