PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe how much grief about...

Steel Life
01-20-2009, 12:29 AM
1. Clark's Hit on McGahee - Florio at PFT is fanning the flames & practically calling for Clark to be suspended...as if a rumor-mongering bottom-feeder is the moral compass of the NFL. He makes no mention of Lewis going helmet-to-helmet on FWP or any other misdeeds (i.e. Ben's cheap-shot in the back) by the Ravens. Besides, I thought it was "no quarter asked, no quarter given" when these two played...& that's how they want it.

2. Stadium Music - I can't even believe this is an issue. I'm willing to grant that the team, if not the NFL, should have a plan for these events (& I'm shocked they don't)...but to call the team & ownership classless is a stretch of desperate proportion.

3. Not Invoking McGahee During Celebration - This one staggered me...people are actually criticizing the team & players for not mentioning McGahee during the celebration of the win. HOW PC-DRIVEN CAN YOU GET?!? What? - the applause by the home crowd as he was taken off wasn't enough? Nothing we do will ever be given credit or be appreciated by any Raven fan, so why bother?

Jom112
01-20-2009, 12:38 AM
1. Clark's Hit on McGahee - Florio at PFT is fanning the flames & practically calling for Clark to be suspended...as if a rumor-mongering bottom-feeder is the moral compass of the NFL. He makes no mention of Lewis going helmet-to-helmet on FWP or any other misdeeds (i.e. Ben's cheap-shot in the back) by the Ravens. Besides, I thought it was "no quarter asked, no quarter given" when these two played...& that's how they want it.

Do you really expect anything less from Florio? This is his thing.

2. Stadium Music - I can't even believe this is an issue. I'm willing to grant that the team, if not the NFL, should have a plan for these events (& I'm shocked they don't)...but to call the team & ownership classless is a stretch of desperate proportion.

I thought it was odd when it was occurring but I didn't think it was a big deal at all. It's music it's stupid to make a fuss over that.

3. Not Invoking McGahee During Celebration - This one staggered me...people are actually criticizing the team & players for not mentioning McGahee during the celebration of the win. HOW PC-DRIVEN CAN YOU GET?!? What? - the applause by the home crowd as he was taken off wasn't enough? Nothing we do will ever be given credit or be appreciated by any Raven fan, so why bother?

I'm sure someone said something but it probably just wasn't shown. Tomlin is a pretty stand-up guy I'm sure he mentioned something about it. Not a big deal either...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't bother anyway. They are like 10 year old bullies that start crying when they are called on their BS.

Ravens and Ravens fans - :owned

proudpittsburgher
01-20-2009, 12:40 AM
I am very serious, and a bit bitter when I say this . . .there is a world of Steelers haters out there. And they know that they don't have a contraversial call to harp on, so they have to draw things like this up instead of talking about the teams, which they inevitibally would have done had it been new england or indianapolis. They hate the fact that the steelers had the toughest schedule in over a decade, and came through with flying colors, that they beat the other bullies in the league for a third time this season and that Mannign and Brady are watching on TV. So, they take time away from talking up the two teams left standing for this crap.

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Amazing isn't it? Doesn't he have anything better to do?

http://www.herebeoldthings.com/images/2008/01/07/frankenstein_villagers488_2.jpg

snarky
01-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I would also bet that somebody was in the bathroom taking a leak while that was going on with McGahee. Maybe we should find him and then tar and feather him.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RussBII
01-20-2009, 01:17 AM
I said this briefly in another thread Re: the music.

A) Silence at the stadium would've been horrible. Everyone would've thought he was dead. The music helped pass the time and let us know he was still down.

B) It sounds pretty bad on TV, but i don't think that outweighs the first point.

Someone on that PFT thread read into the CCR lyrics for "down on the corner" talk about a freaking reach...

Mel Blount's G
01-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Much ado about nothing. Move along folks, nothing to see here :roll:

Djfan
01-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Tomlin spoke about McGahee in his presser.

Chachi
01-20-2009, 09:11 AM
[youtube:374bee24]RzNWeGthpCk[/youtube:374bee24]

Notice the music being played with Ben being strapped to the stretcher and carted off the field....."Smooth" by Santana.....the same song they played when McGhee lay on the field. I would reason since they played that song they played "Down on the Corner" as well, even when our $100 Million Dollar, Superstar, Face of the Franchise QB lay strapped to a stretcher with an injury of who knows what proportion.....just like McGhee.

I would guess the sound crew has a standard "injury timeout" song track/list/CD that they play every time there is a stoppage of play due to injury. The severity of the injury is not brought into the process. Whether it should be is a different topic.

This is all to do about nothing.....Steeler haters stretching for anything to bitch about because they are so pissed we made it to another Super Bowl.

Jealous pussies, every one of them.

Blitz-en
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I suggest that youtube clip be sent to Florio. The fact that they played the same song when Ben was down should stop the whining. I don't have membership over there, but Florio seems like he would post the video of Ben's injury to be fair.

Great point, that everybody wanted a knock-down-drag-it-out war in this game........then cry "foul" when they get what they asked for. I was totally amazed that I didn't see one network go into detail about Chris Johnson getting twisted up like a pretzel, but they're slowing down the Clark hit X1000 to show that the helmets actually did touch during that play!!!!!

I hate to play the "us against the world" card, but people are so jealous. It's hard work being a card carrying member of 'THE' Steeler Nation!

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL issued a memo that music no longer be played when injured players are down on the field. Especially strap-them-to-a-board-cart-them-off-the-field type injuries. I would be in favor of that.

I mentioned in the Browns game chat I didn't like them playing music while Ben was down. I didn't like it when Willis was down either.

Of course this totally random thought just popped into my head...when a player is down the fans are typically quiet. Do they maybe play music to make sure it drowns out the sound of some random, idiot fan screaming out something completely tasteless?

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I suggest that youtube clip be sent to Florio. The fact that they played the same song when Ben was down should stop the whining. I don't have membership over there, but Florio seems like he would post the video of Ben's injury to be fair.

Great point, that everybody wanted a knock-down-drag-it-out war in this game........then cry "foul" when they get what they asked for. I was totally amazed that I didn't see one network go into detail about Chris Johnson getting twisted up like a pretzel, but they're slowing down the Clark hit X1000 to show that the helmets actually did touch during that play!!!!!

I hate to play the "us against the world" card, but people are so jealous. It's hard work being a card carrying member of 'THE' Steeler Nation!

Consider it done. ;)

snarky
01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Maybe next time a Raven is playing on our field they should play:

How's That Bounty Working Out for You?
My Favorite Hit of The Year
Hines Will Get What's Coming Too Him
Drama Queen Blues

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Maybe next time a Raven is playing on our field they should play:

How's That Bounty Working Out for You?
My Favorite Hit of The Year
Hines Will Get What's Coming Too Him
Drama Queen Blues

There's an old blues song titled something like "I Been Down so Godd*mn Long, Looks Like Up to Me".

Yup, I think that would be a fine song to play for them when they show up next.

Also maybe "Stagger Lee" in honor of Ray Ray ("Stagger Lee, he shot Billy..." - close enough!).

And also "I am Woman", when they run out of the tunnel.

RussBII
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Of course this totally random thought just popped into my head...when a player is down the fans are typically quiet. Do they maybe play music to make sure it drowns out the sound of some random, idiot fan screaming out something completely tasteless?

The guys behind me were total arses about the whole situation. I'm telling you guys tho, despite how it sounds on TV, the music was welcome at the stadium. It would be soooo eerie to not have any music while a player was down. Everyone would expect the worst, it'd be akin to playing a funeral dirge at that point.

I taped the game and saw it on TV too, and it sounded a bit like a party w/ the crowd noise going on. So there's really no way to keep everyone happy. At least on TV the announcers tell you what's going on...