PDA

View Full Version : What would be your offensive game plan against the cards?

frunko1
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Run, Run, Run, Run, Playaction, Run, Run, Run, Playaction, TD

Run, play action, run, run run run playaction, run, flea flicker td

run, run, run, rinse repeat.

If they run game is succesful, and parker does what he did to the chargers, keep the game on the ground, burn up the clock, keep warner on the sidelines, and keep the turnovers down.

Now obviously if they shut down our run, we would need to switch it up, but I think we need to really focus on the run game.

:tt1 :tt1

flippy
01-20-2009, 06:24 AM
We're not gonna be able to run on them.

This is Ben's game to win or lose.

frankthetank1
01-20-2009, 08:55 AM

why do you think that? they are not the ravens or anywhere close. im not sure how many yards philly got on the ground against them but they racked up 450 yards of offense!!! 450 yards and they are in the sb!!

Oviedo
01-20-2009, 09:02 AM
The Cards will be putting 8 in the box to stop the run and trying to blitz out of that to get to Ben. Ben is going to have to back them off the line of scrimmage by consistently hitting of short, quick pass plays just like Warner does. Only then will things open up for the running game.

If we do more of up the middle, up the middle and then continually try to convert 3rd and long the Lombardi Trophy will end up in Phoenix. We have to have long sustained drives to keep their offense off the field. You can do that just as effectively with short passes as short runs.

Hopefully Arians (and Ben) embrace that.

flippy
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM

why do you think that? they are not the ravens or anywhere close. im not sure how many yards philly got on the ground against them but they racked up 450 yards of offense!!! 450 yards and they are in the sb!!

Last year they shut down FWP during the regular season.

Their defense is playing better ball right now.

They'll put 8-9 in the box and make Ben win the game.

And they will blitz a lot trying to force turn overs.

steeld95
01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I'd like to see us go to the spread early and often. It seems Ben gets in a good rhythm when we go to the spread. This will then open up the running game.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
We will have to see how Whis tries to defend us.

The Ravens sell out to stop the run. They have been very successful at doing that, and forcing the game into Ben's hands.

Talk all you want about it being a two point game in the fourth Q, but Baltimore - the league's #2 D got away with one just to still be in the game.

Without Hines - not whining about injuries, just pointing out that Ward will be back for the next game so it will be different - Ben could have easily put up around 350 yards on a great D. He put up 255 plus another 50 with an easy easy drop, plus another possible 24 yards on the Holmes catch that could have gone either way.

Was the 65 yard TD luck? Some might think so, but that is what happens when you use so many defenders to pressure the QB. Ben ascapes the pressure and there are fewer defenders downfield to tackle him. Would it have been luck if Ben was sacked? No? Then why is it lucky when he escapes and his receiver runs for 65?

Point is, while Willie had an awful game against a better D, that is how they schemed us. Arizona doesn't have the personnel that the Ravens do, so they will have to give us either the run, the pass, or both.

proudpittsburgher
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Yea, I get the feeling that we are going to have to pass to set up the run. run a lot of screen and quick slants to back them off of the blitz, then run it down their throats when they back off and decide to go nickle and dime. Parker will get his, but it will be because Ben scares them into backing off.

RussBII
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
You gotta keep them honest for the run. Altho, the first play is a quick slant, or a PA pass to Heath deep on the sideline....

I think we'll be able to run on them eventually, just not early on. I say Ben comes out in the No Huddle and we just tire that defense out. If our D gets Kurt and Co to go 3 and out a few times, and we run an up-tempo offense, they'll be gassed in no time.

stlrz d
01-20-2009, 11:33 AM
I'd tell 'em Ben's coming...and hell's coming with him!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Adamant out of ignorance, I want a lead blocker for FWP :Blah :Blah . Whether it's Heath, or McHugh, or just anybody , I think we need someone to either:

1) Get rid of the guy who beat our O line and is in the backfield at the same time as the snap, or
2) For the times we make our block, get rid of the first guy just beyond the O line to spring FWP for 75 yards.

All FWP needs is to get past the LOS, and he is unstoppable basically. Whatever it takes to do that, we should.

papillon
01-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Last year they shut down FWP during the regular season.

Their defense is playing better ball right now.

They'll put 8-9 in the box and make Ben win the game.

This would be a grave tactical error by the Arizona Cardinals and I don't believe Whiz will consider this. More likely the Cardinals are going to play cover and rush 4, IMHO.

And they will blitz a lot trying to force turn overs.

This has not been successful the past two games against our o-line and Ben. We'll get some blitzes, but, it will be in situations where a competed pass can't convert easily. That is, 3rd and 10 or greater we'll see blitzes, less than 10 yards to go the o-line and Ben hae been handling recently.

Pappy