PDA

View Full Version : Haven't heard Big Snack's number called lately

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not enough of a D-line maven to know if it's because his play has fallen off, or is he just quietly and completely clogging up the middle and making the other guys use 2 O-lineman against him like he always has?

Anyone have an idea on this one?

Jom112
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not enough of a D-line maven to know if it's because his play has fallen off, or is he just quietly and completely clogging up the middle and making the other guys use 2 O-lineman against him like he always has?

He's been playing well. Clogging up the middle as he usually does. On the QB Sneak by Flacco, Big Snack was holding his own against two linemen...

GreggyDigital
01-19-2009, 08:49 PM

He's been playing well. Clogging up the middle as he usually does. On the QB Sneak by Flacco, Big Snack was holding his own against two linemen...

Exactly.

Casey isn't there to get sacks or an exorbitant amount of tackles. Now, this isn't to say I would welcome it but he is basically there to take on offensive lineman so our linebackers can make tackles.

DukieBoy
01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Big Snack is "best supporting actor" on this team. Not the leading tackler of course, but sets up others to make the stops. Always doubled and immovable at that.