PDA

View Full Version : prophetic wife

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Gotta tell you, I was thinking the worst when we gave up the ball with a 16-14 lead and the Ravens moved out past the 30, but as I paced across the living room, my wife very calmly said, "That's OK, we're going to get an interception". Right on cue, Troy picked off Flacco. Did I mention that I love my wife. :) :tt2

MeetJoeGreene
01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
My wife makes predictions all the time that come true to.

Unfortunately, they are of the format "You ain't gettin none tonite".

Jooser
01-19-2009, 05:08 PM

LMAO, you're not alone brother!

Djfan
01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Man. This post hits too close to home.

I can see D sitting in Green Bay laughing at us.

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Gotta tell you, I was thinking the worst when we gave up the ball with a 16-14 lead and the Ravens moved out past the 30, but as I paced across the living room, my wife very calmly said, "That's OK, we're going to get an interception". Right on cue, Troy picked off Flacco. Did I mention that I love my wife. :) :tt2

I love your wife too. Wait...that didn't come out right. Okay, maybe it did. :lol: :tt2 :Steel :tt1

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2009, 05:29 PM

I love your wife too. Wait...that didn't come out right. Okay, maybe it did. :lol: :tt2 :Steel :tt1
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SidSmythe
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM

LMAO, you're not alone brother!

Glad to see i'm not the only one

mshifko
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
my ex girlfriend used to predict things and they would never happen in the game...plus, when she was at my house we were 0-1 in the playoffs...that's a major reason why she's my ex :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

johnstownsteel
01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Gotta tell you, I was thinking the worst when we gave up the ball with a 16-14 lead and the Ravens moved out past the 30, but as I paced across the living room, my wife very calmly said, "That's OK, we're going to get an interception". Right on cue, Troy picked off Flacco. Did I mention that I love my wife. :) :tt2same exact moment i began looking for a comment from my wife. i don't know...anymore, i think during tight ball games i'm starting to look for a reaction from her cause she seems to always be spot on with what the outcome of games are going to be. i almost posted this one other time but i figured ya'll would just say..."who's this weirdo?" :D

Acero
01-19-2009, 08:06 PM

I was watching with about 10 other people at my house. Before the snap on the Polamalu interception, I repeated several times out loud, "It's time for the Polamalu play, it's time for the Polamalu play". Then the Ravens snapped the ball and the rest is history.

As soon as Troy picked off the ball I jumped up off my seat, and started screaming at the top of my lungs, "It's time for the Polamalu play!! It's time for the Polamalu play!!!"

I was in the middle of a group high-five and chest thumping before I looked back to the TV and realized the ball was still live and Troy was on his way to the endzone! I kept on shouting my mantra and waving my towel as five or six people sat in my TV room staring at me in complete and absolute disbelief of my unique premonitory powers :D

johnstownsteel
01-19-2009, 08:10 PM

I was watching with about 10 other people at my house. Before the snap on the Polamalu interception, I repeated several times out loud, "It's time for the Polamalu play, it's time for the Polamalu play". Then the Ravens snapped the ball and the rest is history.

As soon as Troy picked off the ball I jumped up off my seat, and started screaming at the top of my lungs, "It's time for the Polamalu play!! It's time for the Polamalu play!!!"

I was in the middle of a group high-five and chest thumping before I looked back to the TV and realized the ball was still live and Troy was on his way to the endzone! I kept on shouting my mantra and waving my towel as five or six people sat in my TV room staring at me in complete and absolute disbelief of my unique premonitory powers :Dwho's this weirdo? :tt1

DukieBoy
01-19-2009, 08:13 PM

I was in the middle of a group high-five and chest thumping before I looked back to the TV and realized the ball was still live and Troy was on his way to the endzone! I kept on shouting my mantra and waving my towel as five or six people sat in my TV room staring at me in complete and absolute disbelief of my unique premonitory powers :D

When Troy picked it and before he crossed the goal line I knocked out GayRayLewis 6 times (at least it felt that way)

papillon
01-19-2009, 08:48 PM

Am I in the minority here? I got the pre-game :Boobs from the wife and then the post-game :Boobs as well, since they won. I really love my wife! :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
01-19-2009, 09:01 PM

Am I in the minority here? I got the pre-game :Boobs from the wife and then the post-game :Boobs as well, since they won. I really love my wife! :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

Pappy

I burned my "favors" on Saturday for "taking my mind off of the game"

Djfan
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM

Pappy

Newly wed!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM

When my wife makes that prediction, it hardly ever comes true. 8)

papillon
01-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Pappy

Newly wed!

ROTFLMAO...that's good stuff right there! You get a :Bow and :Cheers

Pappy

Acero
01-19-2009, 10:29 PM

Pappy

Well, not to brag but I gots me some pre-game :Boobs , some post-game :Boobs AND some in-game, homemade hot wings and bbq ribs... man, I loves my wife!!! And even though she's a niners fan, she wore the black and gold for the game :D :tt2

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
OK, you all got me beat. But I will say me and Mrs. Proud Pittsburgher have our rituals, and the night before, well, :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs . OK, just once, not three times, but it is a ritual that has gotten me through the season. Nothing postgame, though, but that was on me. I was too emotionally burned out. I just wanted to cuddle. :)

Djfan
01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I just wanted to cuddle. :)

How sensitive of you.

AkronSteel
01-19-2009, 11:40 PM
I definitely had a post game celebration!!! There is no better way to enjoy a championship!!!

:Bow :Boobs

Man....I love my girl!

papillon
01-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Okay, all of you "aint gettin any tonight" guys/gals need to get with the program. There's a lot of pre-game, in-game and post-game :Boobs action going on in SteelerNation, let your significant other see this thread maybe you'll get some :Boobs by making him/her feel guilty. :tt2

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Okay, all of you "aint gettin any tonight" guys/gals need to get with the program. There's a lot of pre-game, in-game and post-game :Boobs action going on in SteelerNation, let your significant other see this thread maybe you'll get some :Boobs by making him/her feel guilty. :tt2

Pappy

Man, I really started a threadjack.

proudpittsburgher
01-20-2009, 12:28 AM

How sensitive of you.

I can be sensitive . . . if I have to. :D

BradshawsHairdresser
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
At my house, whenever the Steelers score a touchdown, I score some extra points, if you know what I mean. :lol:

AngryAsian
01-20-2009, 01:17 AM

Pappy

Well, not to brag but I gots me some pre-game :Boobs , some post-game :Boobs AND some in-game, homemade hot wings and bbq ribs... man, I loves my wife!!! And even though she's a niners fan, she wore the black and gold for the game :D :tt2

I hope you wiped down the remote with all the "pausing" you may of performed on your DVR. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Djfan
01-20-2009, 01:38 AM

How sensitive of you.

I can be sensitive . . . if I have to. :D

It's when the chafing starts that it sucks.