PDA

View Full Version : Props to Whiz

Djfan
01-19-2009, 04:49 PM
He is dispelling the whole "You got passed over for Tomlin" angle that the media so desperately wants to run with. Told the guy that he took the job in AZ before the Steelers moved on him. And he asked the reporter "What is to be upset about?" He doesn't want the drama.

Good call Whiz.

mshifko
01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
i'm not a big fan of whiz, i'm glad we have tomlin...but i'm glad that we have the chance to face him in the super bowl...should be a good game

costanza2k1
01-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Yup props to him...he's turned a loser into a winner. That's not an easy thing to do. Sucks for him that he'll lose to us in the SB.

Djfan
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
i'm not a big fan of whiz, i'm glad we have tomlin...but i'm glad that we have the chance to face him in the super bowl...should be a good game

I agree, but my point was that he won't let the media write a story that isn't there.

That's classy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Sorry, I'm not big enough to see him and the Cards as anything but just another target in our crosshairs. Maybe after February 1st ....

steelsnis
01-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I agree, but my point was that he won't let the media write a story that isn't there.

Now if only he could explain that to some of our fair and balanced posters here?!?!?!

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Here we go again! :lol:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w187/yagermeister_2008/DeadCardinal.jpg

Djfan
01-19-2009, 10:04 PM

Let's get Oviedo on this one!

BTW, D, the pic of the dead raven and the car going to Tampa was on a rather large MB about fishing that I go to. Very well done you two!

bostonsteeler
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
He is dispelling the whole "You got passed over for Tomlin" angle that the media so desperately wants to run with. Told the guy that he took the job in AZ before the Steelers moved on him. And he asked the reporter "What is to be upset about?" He doesn't want the drama.

Good call Whiz.

It actually turned out to be good for the league.

Now we have TWO great coaches -- Tomlin and Whiz (who are both clearly doing an awesome job) instead of just the one we'd have if Whiz got the Pittsburgh job. Its unlikely that Tomlin would have been discovered but for Rooney.

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 11:36 PM

Let's get Oviedo on this one!

BTW, D, the pic of the dead raven and the car going to Tampa was on a rather large MB about fishing that I go to. Very well done you two!

It was Acero who did the last one!

And I've seen it in a lot of places too...still very surreal.

Djfan
01-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Sorry Acero!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Good call Whiz.

It actually turned out to be good for the league.

Now we have TWO great coaches -- Tomlin and Whiz (who are both clearly doing an awesome job) instead of just the one we'd have if Whiz got the Pittsburgh job. Its unlikely that Tomlin would have been discovered but for Rooney.

Of course, why would anyone else overpay for a janitor? :lol:

Actually, I feel happy for Whis. Not nearly enough so that I'd want him to win, but good for him anyways. I think that either result, both coaches have exceeded expectations in their second years.

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I think Whiz is a good coach/guy. And I would have been happy with him as our HC. I am now happy with Tomlin and I view Whiz as a noble enemy. (As opposed to someone like Belicheat who is a enemy and a scoundrel)