PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Power

Jooser
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
OK, a neat story I have to share with you guys and gals. My wife's a charge nurse in a Neuroscience ICU here in Charleston. Last night she was doing her rounds and went in to check on a guy that's in really bad shape. He's got a trach tube in for breathing, so he can't speak. Wifey says he's barely conscious and unable to communicate much at all. While doing her assessment on him, she said he was nonresponsive and wouldn't move anything. She'd noticed that earlier in the night, the game had been on in his room. So, grasping for straws, she said finally,"Hey, how about them Steelers! They're going to the Super Bowl!" God help me, she said it's like a switch went on in his head, his eyes opened and he raised one very shaky, weak hand and gave her a thumbs up!!!!!

Well, you can imagine my reaction this morning when she told me about it. All the fog of my hangover was brushed away in an instant and I got chills all over. I couldn't wait to share that with you guys. I guess what my wife says all the time is true, "You Steelers Fans are a different breed!"

HERE GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
:tt2 Breathing new life into one and all!!! :tt2

SidSmythe
01-19-2009, 04:56 PM
My 15 month old throws his arms in the air when we say "Go Steelers!"

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
My 7 year old finally watched a full game with me...even if he fell asleep on the last drive or so. I think he knew it was a big deal because my whole family came over, even my brother from Cleveland and my girlfriend from Cincy (running the entire division...no relative in B-more luckily, although I have a friend whose nickname is Baltimore, but is a Steeler fan :shock: ).

Anyhow, it was a special moment to share with my son, and I think he is officially hooked on the Steelers. I gave him a towel and let him twirl away. He takes off his old man in that he was hitting me in the head with it, much like I did at the Chargers game to the guy sitting next to me (oops).

I usually go out with my friends to watch any Super Bowls, but I think I will be staying home this time and sharing the experience with my son and daughter ( I will have to glue my daughter to the couch though).

GO STEELERS!

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
That's awesome. I wish him the best, but it doesn't sound good for him. :cry: Honestly, goes to show you the passion that the Steelers provide us with. :tt2

Jooser
01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
My boys spent the night with their grandmother last night because it's my youngest son's 10th b-day today and they were heading to the mall today. Before they left yesterday, they were sporting their BB and Troy jerseys and assuring me it's going to be ok dad, they'll make it to the Super Bowl. Well, they just got home a couple of minutes ago and the first thing my oldest one says when he walks in, you guessed it:

"THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL DAD!!!!!!!"

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Ha awesome! My son (7) has a Ben jersey and my daughter (5) has a Troy jersey as well. Good choices!