PDA

View Full Version : Another Super Bowl trip

fezziwig
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
How do you guys feel about this next Super Bowl trip ?

I know your all happy but, what is your feeling today and right after we won ?

To me or my feeling seems different than the last 6 times. I was very excited about the other times but this time it just seems like we are taking care of business.

Not that I'm not excited but it just seems like it is so natural or rightly deserved.

We didn't sneak up on anyone.
We didn't come in the back door.
We were not the underdogs trying to prove we belong.
We had the toughest schedule and we did it.

Again, I am excited but in a different way. It is as if our team just worked hard to win and with working hard, you know good things will happen.

This morning when I woke up I first thought about our Steelers going to the Super Bowl and it just seemed like I knew it was going to happen.

I never count my chickens before they hatch and I never claim victory before it happens. I knew for sometime or weeks and weeks ago, we would go to the Super Bowl.

I also see Big Ben and defense taking us to two more Super Bowls in his lifetime as a Steeler. At least two more and under Tomlin.

See, I'm not always negative..........................I just hide the enthusiasm.

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
fezziwig...I know what you mean. I was only fortunate to be around for the last trip, but like you said, we were just riding the emotional underdog roller coaster.

I can't remember which game this year it was (some time in the middle of the season), but we had just won a great comeback win and played solid defense, and I just texted my friend and said the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl this year, I just know it. I usually don't make proclamations like that, and I didn't really say it out of my pure fandom, it was just a feeling I got when I watched the way they played that game, and it was just something telling me this team was destined for something great.

Now with that said, the fan in me always had faith! :Cheers

steeld95
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM

We didn't sneak up on anyone.
We didn't come in the back door.
We were not the underdogs trying to prove we belong.
We had the toughest schedule and we did it.

Sometimes it is harder to win when you don't sneak up on anyone and are supposed to win. I'm glad this team stayed focused, which goes back to the coach....

fezziwig
01-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Even today it just seems right or normal that the Steelers will be in another Super Bowl. Normal but yet, the odds of making it to so many Super Bowls must be out there.

4 in the seventies.

None in the eighties.

One in the ninties. i hate neil odonnell

Now two starting off the century. Two trips to the promise land in such a short span with two different coaches is a percentage stretch too in my opinion.

If we win this one we once again are the team or franchise to mirror.

This team reminds me a lot of the 74 Steelers.

Like I said, it just seems right when the Steelers are in the Super Bowl.

proudpittsburgher
01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
totally get what you are saying fez. I got pretty emotional after we beat the Broncos in 05, because it was really only the second super bowl I remember (I was only 3 in '78) and I was a freshman in college in 95, it was all about fun back then. I felt like 05 was the first super bowl in my adult lifetime. It meant so much to me I can't even describe it in words. This one, nothing special to it, just the Steelers doing what they do. Believe me, I am so very proud of what they accomplished and I will be going apecrap the few days leading up to the super bowl, but I fully expected to beat the Chargers and Ravens, and we did. Maybe it's because I expected it. Dunno.

RKSteel
01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I was more excited after the Steelers beat the Broncos. After all the AFCCG losses it was finally sweet to win one.

Sunday, I was a screaming, cursing, nervous wreck. That is until Troy's Interception. Than I think me, my wife and my three daughters woke up the neighborhood screaming
WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

After the game, my wife asked why I'm not celebrating. I told her I'm happy, but we are not done. One more game to play.

fezziwig
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
When Troy caught the interception, my wife and I both screamed for joy. When he scored with that interception we both danced around the TV room. It was great.

The only other times I screamed was at Kemo #68 for pulling the foul and Lima for dropping the TD. I woke the kids up with that Lima scream.

I had a hot wings in my mouth for all other good Steeler occasions of the game and wasn't able to scream.

Djfan
01-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I can't remember which game this year it was (some time in the middle of the season), but we had just won a great comeback win and played solid defense, and I just texted my friend and said the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl this year, I just know it. I usually don't make proclamations like that, and I didn't really say it out of my pure fandom, it was just a feeling I got when I watched the way they played that game, and it was just something telling me this team was destined for something great.

Now with that said, the fan in me always had faith! :Cheers

I never make predictions, but did this year. About week 10 or 11 I just got this feeling. Now here we are. I am afraid I used up my luck for the next 15 years or so, so now I am shutting up.