PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to be the Super Bowl MVP?

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Which Steeler will be collecting the Super Bowl MVP this year?

-Fast Willie Parker
-Big Ben
-Mr. James Harrison
-Limas Sweed

Other ideas? The above are my picks, in order of likelyhood.

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Not ready to predict that yet, but I do think FWP will have over 100 yards rushing and at least one TD.

mshifko
01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
big ben

NW Steeler
01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
My vote is for Big Ben. Not neccesarily because I think that he will, but I WANT him to. Just to wash away the memory of the last SB performance...for him.

Jigawatts
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM

-Fast Willie Parker
-Big Ben
-Mr. James Harrison
-Limas Sweed

Limas Sweed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll say Ben, Hines, or Troy.

steeld95
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I'll take anyone on our team....cause that would pretty much mean we are super bowl champions.

fezziwig
01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
not ready to say yet. prior to hines injury, i would have said hines.

right now i'm leaning towards ben. i'll have a better feel for it when the sb comes closer.

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 03:55 PM

-Fast Willie Parker
-Big Ben
-Mr. James Harrison
-Limas Sweed

That would be the ultimate redemption! Dropping balls all year and then BAM! 2 bombs for tds and 110 yards receiving. Hilarious. And he'd still be labeled a bust.

I'd have to give some love to Troy, if he continues to play the way he's been playing. Woodley is having a tremendous post season too. Holmes has stepped his game up. But ultimately, Big Ben is in line for it. Its his to lose...

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":1q0032ns]Which Steeler will be collecting the Super Bowl MVP this year?

-Fast Willie Parker
-Big Ben
-Mr. James Harrison
-Limas Sweed

That would be the ultimate redemption! Dropping balls all year and then BAM! 2 bombs for tds and 110 yards receiving. Hilarious. And he'd still be labeled a bust.

I'd have to give some love to Troy, if he continues to play the way he's been playing. Woodley is having a tremendous post season too. Holmes has stepped his game up. But ultimately, Big Ben is in line for it. Its his to lose...[/quote:1q0032ns]

Its interesting that you say BigBen is in line for it. MVP should be based soley on the play in the game, yet I totally agree with you. He is definately the concencous 'favorite' going in. Maybe Super Bowl MVP has a dash of Playoff MVP to it?

Limas Sweed, Super Bowl MVP, would sure dispell that notion. Although I feel he is turning the corner, his inclusion was just kind of a joke. I do think he has a chance to build on his progress and have another decent game.

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
[quote=Jigawatts][quote="Discipline of Steel":2ifh0far]Which Steeler will be collecting the Super Bowl MVP this year?

-Fast Willie Parker
-Big Ben
-Mr. James Harrison
-Limas Sweed

I'd have to give some love to Troy, if he continues to play the way he's been playing. Woodley is having a tremendous post season too. Holmes has stepped his game up. But ultimately, Big Ben is in line for it. Its his to lose...[/quote:2ifh0far]

Its interesting that you say BigBen is in line for it. MVP should be based soley on the play in the game, yet I totally agree with you. He is definately the concencous 'favorite' going in. Maybe Super Bowl MVP has a dash of Playoff MVP to it?

Limas Sweed, Super Bowl MVP, would sure dispell that notion. Although I feel he is turning the corner, his inclusion was just kind of a joke. I do think he has a chance to build on his progress and have another decent game.[/quote:2ifh0far]

I didn't mean that Big Ben deserves it just because he is the QB or anything like that. My comments basically were aimed at the fact that its in his hands. He has a chance to make up for that stinker of a Super Bowl he played before. Play sound football and make a couple splash plays (which entail his freaking WR's catching a deep ball or two) and its all his. He then cements his legacy....at age 26!

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1fmb69ll][quote=Jigawatts][quote="Discipline of Steel":1fmb69ll]Which Steeler will be collecting the Super Bowl MVP this year?

-Fast Willie Parker
-Big Ben
-Mr. James Harrison
-Limas Sweed

I'd have to give some love to Troy, if he continues to play the way he's been playing. Woodley is having a tremendous post season too. Holmes has stepped his game up. But ultimately, Big Ben is in line for it. Its his to lose...[/quote:1fmb69ll]

Limas Sweed, Super Bowl MVP, would sure dispell that notion. Although I feel he is turning the corner, his inclusion was just kind of a joke. I do think he has a chance to build on his progress and have another decent game.[/quote:1fmb69ll]

I didn't mean that Big Ben deserves it just because he is the QB or anything like that. My comments basically were aimed at the fact that its in his hands. He has a chance to make up for that stinker of a Super Bowl he played before. Play sound football and make a couple splash plays (which entail his freaking WR's catching a deep ball or two) and its all his. He then cements his legacy....at age 26![/quote:1fmb69ll]

I think you hit upon a good point. If no one else particularly stands out, BB with a decent game, could win it based on expectation. I think thats what you were trying to say?

Djfan
01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Ben, Troy or Harrison.

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
You stink. when i saw the thread title, I immediately went to put Limas Sweed. You stole my thunder. Honestly, I think the only offensive player who can get it is Ben, and other than that, I'll go with Troy on defense or some strange, team defense award.

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I think it will be someone from the defense, because that is what got our team to this point, and that is what will ultimately win it for us on 2-1-09. I could easily pick defensive players of the year James Harrison, the other-worldly Troy Polamalu, or LaMarr Woodley who has two sacks in each of the 3 playoff games he has played in in his pro career. However, I think it will be someone completely out of left field. Perhaps Bad Word LeBeau unleashes Big Play Willie Gay on a corner blitz for a strip sack of Warner early in the game and also a pick-six late in the game. Just a thought.

Uncle Rico
01-19-2009, 05:49 PM
I think that the Cardinals will have the lead in the 4th quarter then Ben will pull off his magic by taking the offense on some long drive for a TD with under two minutes to go thus securing the MVP award for himself.

Mel Blount's G
01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
My wishful thinking pick :arrow: Ike who will have 2 ints covering Fitzgerald!!