PDA

View Full Version : My Perfect Weekend

motter1975
01-19-2009, 01:39 PM
So, as some of you may know, this Saturday was my wedding day!

My family all came in from all over the country, and really worked so hard to make it the perfect day, which it was.

So, as we are sitting at dinner on Thursday night, I was telling them how I had wanted to do a towel wave for our exit, but that I hadn't had the money to buy real terrible towels for the 100+ guests, and I had had no luck finding cloth to get it done. So, it would have been nice, but it wasn't going to happen. Yeah, well never under estimate the power of my family.

Two of my aunts decided that I needed to have my towel twirl, and they went out, bought yards of fleece, and spent the day before the wedding cutting it into small "towels" for everyone to wave, and then draped them over the backs of all the chairs.

Mike (the new hubby) and I had two of my towels for our chairs, and a third true towel was proudly displayed on the dj table.

So, at the end of the reception, all the guests lined up with their makeshift towels, and twirled and cheered as Mike and I walked out, twirling our towels. It was awesome. My whole family (and there's a lot of us...my mom is one of 10 kids, so lots of aunts, uncles and cousins) were all chanting "Here we go Steelers! Here we go!"

We also included my Uncle's original terrible towel in the family picture.

Just a great day! I will post pictures as soon as I am able...haven't had a chance to see what's on our camera yet (we had someone take pictures on it all day), but when I can get some pictures of it all, I'll put them up.

Then yesterday (which happened to be my birthday), came home, watched the game, and got my birtday wish...WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

I couldn't have asked for a single thing to be different about this weekend, it was all just amazing!

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
CONGRATS, motter!!!

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 01:43 PM
What a truly great weekend!! Congrats and Happy B-Day Motter! Way to represent the Black and Gold.

Yes Sir..errrrrr..Ma'am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

fordfixer
01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Here's another towel wave for you :tt1 Go Steelers

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
CONGRATS, motter!!!
QFT!

flippy
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM

My family all came in from all over the country, and really worked so hard to make it the perfect day, which it was.

So, as we are sitting at dinner on Thursday night, I was telling them how I had wanted to do a towel wave for our exit, but that I hadn't had the money to buy real terrible towels for the 100+ guests, and I had had no luck finding cloth to get it done. So, it would have been nice, but it wasn't going to happen. Yeah, well never under estimate the power of my family.

Two of my aunts decided that I needed to have my towel twirl, and they went out, bought yards of fleece, and spent the day before the wedding cutting it into small "towels" for everyone to wave, and then draped them over the backs of all the chairs.

Mike (the new hubby) and I had two of my towels for our chairs, and a third true towel was proudly displayed on the dj table.

So, at the end of the reception, all the guests lined up with their makeshift towels, and twirled and cheered as Mike and I walked out, twirling our towels. It was awesome. My whole family (and there's a lot of us...my mom is one of 10 kids, so lots of aunts, uncles and cousins) were all chanting "Here we go Steelers! Here we go!"

Just a great day! I will post pictures as soon as I am able...haven't had a chance to see what's on our camera yet (we had someone take pictures on it all day), but when I can get some pictures of it all, I'll put them up.

Then yesterday (which happened to be my birthday), came home, watched the game, and got my birtday wish...WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

I couldn't have asked for a single thing to be different about this weekend, it was all just amazing!

i take it the wife is a steelers fan?

motter1975
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Oh, yeah! I definitely bleed Black n Gold!! The hubby is a Bears fan, but he gave my my day! He knew this would make me so happy, and was more than willing to put aside his Bears fandom for the day, so that I would be happy. (Plus, as long as Steelers aren't playing the Bears, he cheers just as hard for us as I do...)

VirgilBosett
01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Yesterday was my Bday as well! What a day!

Congrats Motter!

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Yesterday was my Bday as well! What a day!

Congrats Motter!

Happy Birthday to you as well!!! Wow, popular B-day...My dad and niece's birthday was yesterday also.! :Cheers

Jooser
01-19-2009, 04:32 PM
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Awsome.

Jigawatts
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Congrats. :Clap :Beer :tt2

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2009, 04:35 PM
very cool motter, congrats on many levels. :tt1

Djfan
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Congrats on the wedding!

Pics of the TT moment?

SidSmythe
01-19-2009, 05:00 PM
You gotta have a video of this to share!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt1 :tt2

flippy
01-19-2009, 07:20 PM

Oh, yeah! I definitely bleed Black n Gold!! The hubby is a Bears fan, but he gave my my day! He knew this would make me so happy, and was more than willing to put aside his Bears fandom for the day, so that I would be happy. (Plus, as long as Steelers aren't playing the Bears, he cheers just as hard for us as I do...)

That's right, your the wife....duh Flippy.....I was reading that and thinking about my wife and wedding....so I gave you a sex change in my head and turned you into a guy when I responded....doh...

Sounds totally awesome.

I was thinking when I ready that, there's no way my wife would agree to something like that. And she'd have been mad at me if I wanted to watch the Steelers game the day after my wedding rather than consumate the marriage :D

But you my friend are the wife and the shot caller.

Sorry about the mix up there.

I'm sure your hubby will be a convert to Steeler Nation after we win the SuperBowl and he gets to see first hand how much fun it is!!!!

Congrats.

motter1975
01-19-2009, 10:28 PM
That's right, your the wife....duh Flippy.....I was reading that and thinking about my wife and wedding....so I gave you a sex change in my head and turned you into a guy when I responded....doh...

Sounds totally awesome.

I was thinking when I ready that, there's no way my wife would agree to something like that. And she'd have been mad at me if I wanted to watch the Steelers game the day after my wedding rather than consumate the marriage :D

But you my friend are the wife and the shot caller.

Sorry about the mix up there.

I'm sure your hubby will be a convert to Steeler Nation after we win the SuperBowl and he gets to see first hand how much fun it is!!!!

Congrats.

Well, I definitely won't be able to convert him to a full time Steelers fan, and I wouldn't want to, because he's been a Bears fan for so long, and it's as much a part of him as the Steelers are of me. But he's definitely a part time fan...roots for them any time they play, as long as it's not a Bears-Steelers game. And we've been together for almost 9 years, so he experienced the joy of the last Super Bowl, so it definitely won't change him. But, he's wearing HIS Steelers jersey today to support the Steelers, and in his words, "be a dutiful husband"

I know I'm definitely not the "typical" bride, but I love my football, and the terrible towel wave just seemed to be so appropriate as a reflection of me. Plus, my whole family are huge fans, so they just loved it too.

Pictures coming as soon as possible...sadly no video.

AngryAsian
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Congrats, motter... and happy birthday! My wife is still waiting for your seminar on "STEELER FANDOM FOR THE FEMALES." She needs a front row seat. :lol: