PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Radio affiliate in Columbus gets shafted yesterday

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
So, I'm getting ready for the game last night. After the Cards/Eagles game, I turned the TV over to CBS and turn on the local Steelers radio affiliate so I don't have to hear the CBS banter during the game. What I do hear instead? The Fox Sports coverage they played all day. WHAT??? So I wait until kickoff, no change. I wait until the 2nd quarter, thinking they had problems with the feed. Same thing.

This morning, I go to their website to get the station's phone number to complain and I see this:

The network that we are contracted with to carry the Steelers did not give us access to the AFC Championship game. We apologize for any inconvenience as this was not in our control

I called the station, 103.9 WTDA-FM and, as expected based on their explanation, they will NOT carry the Super Bowl either due to their "contract". Now, aren't all Steeler affiliates guaranteed to carry ALL Steeler games? Are there any other stations outside of Pittsburgh that had the same problem yesterday? If this is the only one, I'll be pretty damn mad. I'm not looking forward to hearing whoever's announcing SB XLIII as I'm sure it'll be all anti-Steeler.

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
XLIII is on NBC.

Michaels and Madden.

kindlecatsb'ng
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for posting this. I did what you did all afternoon as I usually listen to the pre-game Steeler announcers prior to the game. Kept going back at the start of the game and then gave up. Even tried the KDKA site as I thought they carried the Steelers games and got some kind of talk radio.

I, too, wondered what is happening when a station carries the Steelers all year except when they go post-season! Who negotiated that contract?

Thanks for the information. Don't know why they didn't post that last night.

What a bummer for the SB. I, too, mute the TV most of the time and listen to the Tunch & Co.

GO STEELERS! :tt2