PDA

View Full Version : The Keys to a 6th Lombardi...

AngryAsian
01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Not rocket science here....

1) Contain Fitzgerald

2) Contain the run

3) Rattle and bury Warner

The rest will take care of itself.

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I would put Rattle and Bury Warner first on the list...something Im confident LeBeau can do. Turnovers should tell the tale in this game.

Flasteel
01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I would put Rattle and Bury Warner first on the list...something Im confident LeBeau can do. Turnovers should tell the tale in this game.

I'll second that. Put consistent pressure on Warner and we'll be hoisting the hardware.

Jom112
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Not rocket science here....

1) Contain Fitzgerald

2) Contain the run

3) Rattle and bury Warner

The rest will take care of itself.

#3 - Warner did really well against the Eagles in getting the ball out quickly on the blitzes. It'll be interesting to see how he does against you guys.

Oh yeah, congrats guys on making the SB...

mshifko
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
if we can get pressure on warner with only sending 4 guys, that will be huge...we cannot afford to let kurt warner have time to pick us apart...

offensively, i think we'll be able to run the ball better which will be key

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Warner frustrates quickly when he gets pressure and is forced to dump the ball. Need to go after him early and take your lumps. Hopefully there won't be any!

Steelgal
01-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I think you game plan for them, like you have the Colts of the past. Run the ball, control the clock, pressure Warner when he's in, but minimize the time he sees the field. If he's not on the field, they can't score (barring defensive scores).

grotonsteel
01-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Steelers Running Game is key to victory....It will keep Arizona's O off the field

Big Ben

I want another Steelers 14 min possession game in 1Q... :tt2

Sugar
01-19-2009, 11:52 AM
We also need to not turn the ball over to the Cards suddenly ball-hawking D. Also, the Cards have a rhythm Offense, which we need to disrupt or it could be a loooooong day for us.

Oviedo
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Keys to success:

1. Run successfully and frequently. You have to keep the Card offense off the field. If we don't have 35 minutes plus time of possession there is a good chance we will not win.

2. Pressure Warner. If he has 3-4 seconds he will be picking our secondary apart particularly with the way our CBs play off the WR.

3. Throw to the TEs/RBs when we have to throw. The most effective player for the Eagles was their TE Seleck (sp?). Arizona had big problems covering him. I think we need to see lots of passes to TEs and RBs.

TallyStiller
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM
We can control the ball with Ben playing pitch and catch with Hines and Heath, as well... doesn't matter how we do it, we just need to cut down on their chances with the ball and leave them feeling impatient and desperate when they DO get it

grotonsteel
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Keys to success:

3. Throw to the TEs/RBs when we have to throw. The most effective player for the Eagles was their TE Seleck (sp?). Arizona had big problems covering him. I think we need to see lots of passes to TEs and RBs.

If we gonna throw to RB... Moore needs to see more playing time. FWP can't catch.

It will be interesting to see how BA uses these 2 RBs.

frankthetank1
01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
i think fwp will be able to run on the cards. they are not half as good on defense as the ravens are

MeetJoeGreene
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM

I'll second that. Put consistent pressure on Warner and we'll be hoisting the hardware.

Yup. He has fumbled when hit quite a bit in the past as well.

I would love to see a Harrison chop.. fumble.. and Troy scoop for a TD

flippy
01-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Our 53 men outplay theirs.

Offense - No TOs, Convert 3rd Downs, Control the Clock, and Convert TDs in the RedZone
Defense - Force TOs, Pressure the QB, Stop the run, limit big plays, Clamp Down in the RedZone, and get off the field on 3rd downs.
Special Teams - Good Kicks, Sound Coverage, and Break a Big Return.

Last game we played them in 2007, the Cardinals played a lot like they are playing right now.

They stopped FWP and I expect the same again. I think Parker had ~20 carries and ~30-40 yards.

Ben got sacked a bunch and threw a couple picks, but we were able to move the ball.

The defense played them well, although Warner didn't start and I think he's in more of a grove this time.

Larry got a bunch of catches, but we didn't allow him to make a big play and score on us.

I think Hines was out for that game too. And Boldin may have been out too because I don't remember him that game.

Besides the sacks and turnovers, we gave up a big punt return to Breaston.

This time we also have Woodley and Timmons this time.

Our pass rush is improved. And so are our DBs and coverage.

As good as Kurt Warner is, he hasn't seen a defense this good in his career.

And Ben's fully healthy at the right time.

We're gonna be fine.

I'm feeling like another blowout.