PDA

View Full Version : Officiating

SteelStallion
01-19-2009, 10:04 AM
...stunk yet again. Imagine if we had lost...

SuperSize
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree 100%...this officiating is turning into a joke, & not just for Steeler games.

It's a damn shame that a team can play well, but a fan has to hold his breath hoping the zebras don't screw their team with some whack call (or non-call).

Pete

snarky
01-19-2009, 11:17 AM
At least they didn't find a way to overturn Troy's pick six. :D :D

EDIT: With the history of BS overturns of great plays by Troy, the first thing I thought was that it would come back for some reason.

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM

EDIT: With the history of BS overturns of great plays by Troy, the first thing I thought was that it would come back for some reason.

I thought it was coming back. They missed an "ever so slight" hold by Ike. :D

Jom112
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree 100%...this officiating is turning into a joke, & not just for Steeler games.

It's a damn shame that a team can play well, but a fan has to hold his breath hoping the zebras don't screw their team with some whack call (or non-call).

Pete

Officiating was horrible yesterday. The kick "out of bounds" that wasn't reviewable in the Cards/Eagles game was probably the worst...

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Well the Human Penalty Flag (COLON) wasn't on the field, so we had a good shot at it standing up.

Flasteel
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I still think that Holmes' catch down to the goal line was wrongfully overturned. He took three steps and planted his arm to propell himself into the end zone. That's a catch. The ground can't cause a fumble and once possession has been established on the field of play with a "football" move, the maintaining of possession through the catch on the ground is null and void.

If a receiver catches a short pass and runs 30 yards with it, then tries to dive over the goal line causing the ball to pop out it's still a catch, right?

The first PI on BMac was questionable, the non-call late hit on Ben was obvious and horrible, the phantom roughing the punter call against the felons was a joke.

These officials pretty much suck.

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I still think that Holmes' catch down to the goal line was wrongfully overturned. He took three steps and planted his arm to propell himself into the end zone. That's a catch. The ground can't cause a fumble and once possession has been established on the field of play with a "football" move, the maintaining of possession through the catch on the ground is null and void.

If a receiver catches a short pass and runs 30 yards with it, then tries to dive over the goal line causing the ball to pop out it's still a catch, right?

The first PI on BMac was questionable, the non-call late hit on Ben was obvious and horrible, the phantom roughing the punter call against the felons was a joke.

These officials pretty much suck.

More of the missed calls went the ravens way than ours...but don't forget there were some aggregious errors that went in our favor as well (Berger flop being one of them).

The officiating is horrible. But while alot of these calls have to be made at full speed, its expected that some stuff gets missed. BUT!!! When you get to see a replay from 6 different angles AND STILL MANAGE TO F*CK UP A CALL LIKE THAT HOLMES TD CATCH, YOU HAVE TO BE HELD F*CKIN ACCOUNTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ABSOLUTELY UN F*CKIN ACCEPTABLE GOODELL AND PERRIERA...GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARSES!

Sorry, this really got me going.

snarky
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I think technically the call was correct. But I would expect the rules committee to look at this in the off-season. It's ridiculous to think that if a guy gets hit while making a catch and then stumbles 15 yards before falling the pass could be incomplete because he loses the ball after he hits the ground. Something like two feet + a step should be enough to establish possession if he has control of the ball the whole way through.

steeld95
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
In order to call it a catch, he has to have possession and then make a football move. What the hell is taking two steps and diving for the endzone???? a baseball move????? That was a terrible blown call....I imagine we will be receiving our normal "apology" from the league.

brothervad
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Guys,

Living here in Seattle I refuse to ever ever suggest officiating loses the game for us. You should hear the whiny little biotches here.

The point is and I will emphasize this...great teams don't let the bad calls lose it for them. And that is exactly what the Steelers did.

And btw...by rule the Santonio call was legit...the rule however is the lamest rule ever to be approved by the rules committee. How can you not consider what Santonio did to constitute control.

Wow horrible rule and it should be changed in the off season.

brothervad

frankthetank1
01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Guys,

Living here in Seattle I refuse to ever ever suggest officiating loses the game for us. You should hear the whiny little biotches here.

The point is and I will emphasize this...great teams don't let the bad calls lose it for them. And that is exactly what the Steelers did.

And btw...by rule the Santonio call was legit...the rule however is the lamest rule ever to be approved by the rules committee. How can you not consider what Santonio did to constitute control.

Wow horrible rule and it should be changed in the off season.

brothervad

thats how i look at it. i refuse to blame bad calls for losses. if the steelers had lost i would have blamed the run game, sweed dropping a td pass and ben throwing a pass to moore with 10 seconds left in the second qtr and not getting a fg out of it

mshifko
01-19-2009, 02:30 PM
i still think they messed up the holmes catch as well...if anything, it should have been challenged whether or not he SCORED, not caught the pass...but oh well, we won...

anyone know who will officiate the super bowl game?

VirgilBosett
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I agree. Three feet down and a hand should constitute a catch by rule. They changed that "football move" part two years ago.

How about the Kemoaute call. I realize Kemo retaliated, but how can anyone say they saw that.....but misseed the fact that the Raven lineman had both hands on Kemo's facemask for what seemed like three daysr?????

....and the constant "no calls" for holding on Harrison is outright ludicrous.

Jooser
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
The non-holding calls are really starting to bite me.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9182/caseyfp4.png (http://imageshack.us)

Who's got more jersey in their hands in this pic?

papillon
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
i still think they messed up the holmes catch as well...if anything, it should have been challenged whether or not he SCORED, not caught the pass...but oh well, we won...

anyone know who will officiate the super bowl game?

These guys... :shock:

http://xtrvaluedvds.com/images/the-three-stooges-2.bmp

Pappy

mshifko
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree. Three feet down and a hand should constitute a catch by rule. They changed that "football move" part two years ago.

How about the Kemoaute call. I realize Kemo retaliated, but how can anyone say they saw that.....but misseed the fact that the Raven lineman had both hands on Kemo's facemask for what seemed like three daysr?????

....and the constant "no calls" for holding on Harrison is outright ludicrous.
the call against kemo was ridiculous...the guy had his hands under his facemask and he was pushing him off of him...that was terrible

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah I couldn't really blame Kemo for that one. I wished he could've kept his head there (even if it was being ripped off) because the second guy always gets caught. But you can't take that abuse...