http://i41.tinypic.com/30mbn8m.gif

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:51 AM
what a block

http://i41.tinypic.com/30mbn8m.gif
it was very Hines-esque....

Steel Life
01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Limas Sweed...keeping the tradition of de-cleating Ravens going strong. :tt2 :lol:

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 01:54 AM
I dont care if Sweed didnt catch a pass all game. He layed wood and fired our team up!!! I know I was fired up with that play.

Sugar
01-19-2009, 01:56 AM
It's funny because usually young receivers can catch but can't block downfield.

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Limas Sweed...keeping the tradition of de-cleating Ravens going strong. :tt2 :lol:

Dont forget Ryan Clark's 2nd de-cleating of the year.

Mel Blount's G
01-19-2009, 02:45 AM
I just hope this pass dropping isn't too badly in his head now. Especially if it turns out Hines can't play (God I hope that ain't the case). I hope he works his a.ss off in the offseason. I'd like to see him fill his potential

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 02:48 AM
I just hope this pass dropping isn't too badly in his head now. Especially if it turns out Hines can't play (God I hope that ain't the case). I hope he works his a.ss off in the offseason. I'd like to see him fill his potential

Fans not booing a guy for dropping a pass can go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. ;)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":3ck8es6v]I just hope this pass dropping isn't too badly in his head now. Especially if it turns out Hines can't play (God I hope that ain't the case). I hope he works his a.ss off in the offseason. I'd like to see him fill his potential

Fans not booing a guy for dropping a pass can go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. ;)[/quote:3ck8es6v]

I don't know......after he was booed off the field he did have that big block, did a great job breaking up an int in the endzone, had a nice grab for a first on 3rd and 8 - maybe that play and the booing made him take his head out of his ass and realize that this is only football, a game he has been playing very well his entire life.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I am rooting for the guy--I was so happy when we got him in the 2nd rnd. He does get open alot--If he would of made that catch it really would of made my day--I felt so bad for him. He did have a couple of good catches and that great block so we will see.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Rookie mistake! The NFL network stopped and zoomed in one his eyes. He was looking for the safety. He made up for it. But...That is 2 weeks in a row he dropped a TD. He needs to forget and play!

steelblood
01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
If we lost that game, many of you wouldn't be singing the forgive and forget tune. Dropping two beautifully thrown sure TDs in two playoff games is absolutely terrible. I hope he overcomes it, but stone hands is generally a disease without a cure.

grotonsteel
Limas at least can get open which is a good sign...

They showed on ESPN why he dropped the ball..he was not looking at the ball when it hits his hands....i don't know if same thing happened with the Lefty throw..

proudpittsburgher
I dont care if Sweed didnt catch a pass all game. He layed wood and fired our team up!!! I know I was fired up with that play.

He actially made a very nice grab on a third and long. I am one of his biggest critics, but that catch, the big block as shown above and the breaking up of a sure INT in the end zone which allowed us to make it a two-possession game made me smile.

stlrz d
01-19-2009, 11:38 AM
[quote="stlrz d":39i0uizo][quote="Mel Blount's G":39i0uizo]I just hope this pass dropping isn't too badly in his head now. Especially if it turns out Hines can't play (God I hope that ain't the case). I hope he works his a.ss off in the offseason. I'd like to see him fill his potential

Fans not booing a guy for dropping a pass can go a long way to make sure that doesn't happen. ;)[/quote:39i0uizo]

I don't know......after he was booed off the field he did have that big block, did a great job breaking up an int in the endzone, had a nice grab for a first on 3rd and 8 - maybe that play and the booing made him take his head out of his bad word and realize that this is only football, a game he has been playing very well his entire life.[/quote:39i0uizo]

I guess you can look at it that way. I look at it as him ignoring the classlessness of some fans, going out and doing his job.

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 11:49 AM

He actially made a very nice grab on a third and long. I am one of his biggest critics, but that catch, the big block as shown above and the breaking up of a sure INT in the end zone which allowed us to make it a two-possession game made me smile.

Hey, I love your mini-videos of our guys plastering the opponents this year. But why stick to all D? I think Limas's block deserves to be in that array, particularly for this thread!!! Clark on McGahee also deserves consideration but he already has one in there. Limas's block was his coming out party.

frankthetank1
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM

that int he broke up saved 3 points and was a huge play. the 3rd and 8 catch was very nice as well. that was a tough catch but the easy catch he drops. he has a lot of potential but his hands need to improve.