PDA

View Full Version : Mariucci says advantage Cardinals against the Steelers

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 12:35 AM
... because Whiz, Grimm and Co. know the Steelers so well.

Discuss!

Chachi
01-19-2009, 12:37 AM
deciding between the 2 ,cards or iggles, i was wanting the iggles because of the possible "Gruden Effect".

We will see......

papillon
01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Yea, Whiz and Grimm are familiar with the Steelers; the Steelers of Bill Cowher, ooops, he doesn't coach them any longer. Mike Tomlin does and he keeps them prepared, focused and puts them in a position to win every game.

Pappy

AngryAsian
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Yea, Whiz and Grimm are familiar with the Steelers; the Steelers of Bill Cowher, ooops, he doesn't coach them any longer. Mike Tomlin does and he keeps them prepared, focused and puts them in a position to win every game.

Pappy

Wisdom in excess.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Whiz certainly knows what makes the offensive players and their strengths and weaknesses. Grimm for the o-line. I thought that was the difference in last year's game, actually.

It concerns me, actually.

steelernation77
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Mike Tomlin and Dick Lebeau are better coaches than effin Bill Callahan.

papillon
01-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Whiz certainly knows what makes the offensive players and their strengths and weaknesses. Grimm for the o-line. I thought that was the difference in last year's game, actually.

SOD, this Steeler team isn't even close to what Whiz and Grimm remember. They know what the players do well and what they don't do so well, but, as a unit and and offense they are vastly different than what they remember.

I'm more concerned about Larry Fitzgerald than I am what Whiz and Grimm know or don't know about the Steeler players.

Pappy

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 12:58 AM

SOD, this Steeler team isn't even close to what Whiz and Grimm remember. They know what the players do well and what they don't do so well, but, as a unit and and offense they are vastly different than what they remember.

I'm more concerned about Larry Fitzgerald than I am what Whiz and Grimm know or don't know about the Steeler players.

Pappy
(all "made up" stuff, but, examples of what i'm saying)
if you've coached Ben, you know that he doesn't like throwing left (or some such example) so you roll the coverage and dare him to throw that way.

you know holmes struggles with physical play, so you put the more physical CB on him all day....

Grimm knows that lineman x- is uncomfortable with stunt y- because you've had to spend extra time coaching him on it.

Will Gay contained Fitz in college - no worries. :Beer

Starlifter
01-19-2009, 12:59 AM
unless wiz was holding back when he was with us i'd say our players have a pretty good idea on how he coaches too. the unknown will be how our defense shows looks they haven't seen before. get pressure on warner and he'll throw 5 picks. let him stay clean and he'll pick you apart. defense wins championships. i have faith in bad word lebeau......

Steel Life
01-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I thought the Ravens knew us well too...so much for knowledge, let's strap it on & play!

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:09 AM
unless wiz was holding back when he was with us i'd say our players have a pretty good idea on how he coaches too. the unknown will be how our defense shows looks they haven't seen before. get pressure on warner and he'll throw 5 picks. let him stay clean and he'll pick you apart. defense wins championships. i have faith in bad word lebeau......
but, they have an OC - he doesn't call plays, does he?

there's a difference.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:16 AM
they just mentioned line calls...

AUDIBLES ARE BIG...

Remember Tampa vs Oakland???

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:31 AM
lets just hope they're wise enough to change audibles before the game....

Oviedo
01-19-2009, 09:16 AM
The only advantage that Whiz has is that he has the best WR in football and a MVP QB who are both red hot right now. He had nothing to do with either of them being in Arizona and as a matter of fact he was the genius who had Warner on the bench at the beginning of the season.

The Cards offense is scary good and my biggest concern would be getting into a shoot out with them because I'm not sure we have the firepower.

SteelStallion
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
... because Whiz, Grimm and Co. know the Steelers so well.

Discuss!

They could have an advantage because they're playing flat out awesome ball right now. The coaching thing is media fodder.

MeetJoeGreene
01-19-2009, 10:33 AM
We need to pressure Warner and hit him hard.

If James Harrison gives him a good smack, he will be thinking/woozy.

Also -- Ryan Clark needs to lay some hit on Fitzgerald....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I thought the Ravens knew us well too...so much for knowledge, let's strap it on & play!

They do know us well. I can guarantee you that we will not beat them a fourth time this season. :lol: