PDA

View Full Version : Cards offense is not a pushover

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I mean, we will have to work for this one ...

NorthCoast
01-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I think we will have to be VERY aggressive in that game. Cards can score pretty much from anywhere on the field. Both O and D lines are excellent. I don't think this is a game you turtle in the 3rd quarter. Ben will have to make plays all game long. Warner won't make mistakes like Flacco. Philly's D had no answer for their O today.

SidSmythe
01-19-2009, 12:07 AM
DOUBLE TEAM FITZGERALD and make them beat you another way.

Sugar
01-19-2009, 12:35 AM
AZ is an extremely tough opponent- as a Super Bowl representative should be. They are peaking at the right time and will be tough to beat.

BTW- the guys on NFL total access are already stirring the pot about Whiz v Tomlin. :stirpot

mshifko
01-19-2009, 12:40 AM
i think this is going to be a scary matchup...their offense is tough, but we'll see how lebeau will stop these guys with his scheme...i have faith...this team can get it done

GO STEELERS

grotonsteel
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Whiz must know Steelers D inside out since he was the OC...that's what worries me the most.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Whiz must know Steelers D inside out since he was the OC...that's what worries me the most.

I heard somewhere that the 1st string offense (which Whiz coached here) doesn't play against the 1st string defense, just scrubs that are supposed to act like the other team's 1st string defense.

So maybe he doesn't know a whole lot about our defense? ...

Steel Life
01-19-2009, 01:04 AM
The Card's O is impressive...but so is our D.

My question is...do we take the air put of the ball, like the Giants did against Buffalo, or do we go after them since they're vulnerable on D? Our D can keep up, but can theirs?

AngryAsian
01-19-2009, 01:05 AM
I agree that this offense is no pushover.... BUT, Joe Flacco was 13/30 for 141 yards and 3 ints for a whopping 18, Yes that's right, 18 QB RATING! This Defense will be ready.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 01:07 AM
I agree that this offense is no pushover.... BUT, Joe Flacco was 13/30 for 141 yards and 3 ints for a whopping 18, Yes that's right, 18 QB RATING! This Defense will be ready.

I knew that we would win by rattling the rookie, but I was still feeling sick midway through the 4th quarter. Just before Troy's pic I said on the chat ..."This is about the time and place we picked off Romo for 6 points", and dang, didn't it happen again!

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:09 AM
ya think?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 01:12 AM
ya think?

Hey SOD, I wrote that just as I was coming down off the euphoria of tonight's game, and realizing we still had "business to do" (like Tomlin said in his presser). Sorry, I guess it wasn't all that profound ...

Chadman
01-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Just another team with a good WR.

They are not special.

And having an ex-OC as their HC doesn't mean he's inside the head of the Steelers coaching staff.

He's 2 years removed from the Steelers. Bill Cowher has moved on. The plays are different than when he was here.

As for Grimm knowing the Steelers OL- yeah, he'll have knowledge of Starks, Kemo & Colon. Hartwig & Stapleton came after he left. Starks was a RT & he had 1 year with Colon. Sure, there might be some advantage, but nothing outragous.

The Steelers can't concern themselves with who is coaching against them.

If they beat their opponants on the field, Tomlin can take care of the 'Whiz factor'.

The key to this match-up will be the turnover battle. If the Steelers can get Warner panicked, he'll throw the ball up for grabs. The Cards won't run on the Steelers, so it'll have to be through the air. Whiz will not have had much experience against Harrison, Timmons & Woodley. Those guys could be the deciders.

Watching the Cards play- Chadman noticed that when the pressure closes in on Warner he looks to the RB or TE every time. The Steelers would do well to have Timmons/Farrior & Foote floating around these guys when the blitz goes for Warner. Stop Warner's 'get out of jail' options- double team Fitzy & get after Warner. Then we'll see how good the Cards offence is.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
ya think?

Hey SOD, I wrote that just as I was coming down off the euphoria of tonight's game, and realizing we still had "business to do" (like Tomlin said in his presser). Sorry, I guess it wasn't all that profound ...
i couldn't resist - LOL.... but, you're right.

What i've noticed (during today's game) Warner doesn't like to move and doesn't throw well when he does... Woodley and Harrison will be big keys to victory.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
ya think?

What i've noticed (during today's game) Warner doesn't like to move and doesn't throw well when he does... Woodley and Harrison will be big keys to victory.

After he left the Rams, Warner had turned into a fumbling bull, after holding on to the ball forever too long. People were saying he had contracted the "QB who needs to retire" disease, and now all of a sudden he's the 2nd coming. How did this happen?

I'm guessing his O line is good enough to give him enough time. That makes me optimistic that against our guys he will turn it over four times. You all heard it here first!

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
ya think?

After he left the Rams, Warner had turned into a fumbling bull, after holding on to the ball forever too long. People were saying he had contracted the "QB who needs to retire" disease, and now all of a sudden he's the 2nd coming. How did this happen?
they have a good o-line, lots of young EARLY picks.... he needs to be uncomfortable in the super bowl... VERY uncomfortable...

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 01:43 AM
btw, will boldin be out of the doghouse? i believe he was taken out in the 2nd half and didn't return. arguing with the OC

jj28west
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Maybe this is not comparing apples to apples but I remember Oaklands Potent Offense with Rice, Brown, Porter, Gannon getting stone walled at the Super Bowl against Tampa. It seemed like Chucky, Kiffen, knew exactly what was coming for every pass play. I beleive Gruden was only a couple years removed.

skyhawk
01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Maybe this is not comparing apples to apples but I remember Oaklands Potent Offense with Rice, Brown, Porter, Gannon getting stone walled at the Super Bowl against Tampa. It seemed like Chucky, Kiffen, knew exactly what was coming for every pass play. I beleive Gruden was only a couple years removed.

Yep. Sapp said they knew what the Raiders were gonna run when they lined up.

skyhawk
01-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Is the Cards D a pushover?

They gave up 454 yards to the Eagles.