Tomlin naysayers....
Humble yourselves now!!!

johnstownsteel
01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Tomlin naysayers....
Humble yourselves now!!!no doubt my man...no doubt. :Bow

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Yeah, where's that Overpaid Janitor dude from the other forum? !! :-)

eniparadoxgma
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM

Who needs him when we have some pillow-biting poof named "tomlinsucks"?

What an idiot lol.

Ozey74
01-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Tomln is the man!! Way to go Rooney's!!!!

:tt2

Steelgal
01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
He just took full responsibility for the blown clock management at the end of the first half. Love the guy!!!

Great coach, that knows how to keep the team grounded and prepared.

Les 74
01-19-2009, 12:12 AM

Don't forget about the one named agdci.

Sugar
01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Coach T is extremely impressive in attitude and speach. The guy exudes class.

BTW- hat's off to Harbaugh too, he was as classy as can be expected in his remarks.

Chachi
01-19-2009, 12:35 AM

Yes, agdci was last seen mumbling around town saying something along the lines of, "....if Tomlin beats the NEXT team....next team....definately.......gotta watch Wopner."

:wink:

mshifko
01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
tomlin has been my dude since we hired him...i wanted him over whiz/grimm...we'll see how that head to head matchup turns out...

tomlin just brings that accountability to this team and i just feel he's a mastermind when it comes to how lead a team...one more game mike, lets do it big!!!!!!

DHSF
01-19-2009, 12:48 AM
I'll admit that I was hoping that Whiz would get the job in Pittsburgh. From the way he has helped turn around the Cards, it appears that he would not have been a bad choice. I'm very happy with the way Tomlin has handled this team, but I still don't think that hiring Whiz would have been a bad decision. Let's see who wins in two weeks. If the Steelers win, it should put the question to rest for good.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM

Yes, agdci was last seen mumbling around town saying something along the lines of, "....if Tomlin beats the NEXT team....next team....definately.......gotta watch Wopner."

:wink:
the next team is the only one that matters now...

AngryAsian
01-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Both Whiz and Tomlin inherited teams that were already ladened with mucho talent. Advantage to Tomlin because his team was 2 years removed from a Super Bowl, advantage Whiz for increased familiarity with the players he brought over from the Steelers, as well as his seasoned coaching staff. Both have done phenomenal jobs and both are a testament to the fact that the Rooneys know what their doing, because both have come from branches off the Rooney coaching tree. The irksome thing about the whole thing is this: The Rooneys made their choice in Tomlin and some people of the Nation still have this retrospective thinking of "what could of been, if we only hired Whiz."

Tomlin is our coach and will yield us more trophies in the long run. Tomlin has made his mark on this team. His confidence in his players reflects the preparation they (team members and coaches) collectively put in that enable them to get the tough wins. Now we are at the threshold of an unparalleled 6th Lombardi... How sweet it is. I'm looking forward to the bragging rights in the off-season.

eniparadoxgma
01-19-2009, 01:06 AM
I wanted Rex Ryan for our HC lol.

However, as soon as Tomlin was hired I gave 'em the benefit of the doubt and was behind him until/unless he screwed the pooch big time. So far he's completely exceeded my expectations in every way shape and form. I even like his attitude in press conferences.

Mr. T is the man and I pity the fool that thinks otherwise.

papillon
01-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Both Whiz and Tomlin inherited teams that were already ladened with mucho talent. Advantage to Tomlin because his team was 2 years removed from a Super Bowl, advantage Whiz for increased familiarity with the players he brought over from the Steelers, as well as his seasoned coaching staff. Both have done phenomenal jobs and both are a testament to the fact that the Rooneys know what their doing, because both have come from branches off the Rooney coaching tree. The irksome thing about the whole thing is this: The Rooneys made their choice in Tomlin and some people of the Nation still have this retrospective thinking of "what could of been, if we only hired Whiz."

Tomlin is our coach and will yield us more trophies in the long run. Tomlin has made his mark on this team. His confidence in his players reflects the preparation they (team members and coaches) collectively put in that enable them to get the tough wins. Now we are at the threshold of an unparalleled 6th Lombardi... How sweet it is. I'm looking forward to the bragging rights in the off-season.

:Bow :Bow :Bow

Pappy

Steel Life
01-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Guys - Don't forget that Whiz bailed on the coaching search when he surprisingly accepted the Cards offer early...leaving Tomlin & Grimm as the main candidates. So let's not turn this into "the Rooneys chose Tomlin over Whiz", because that's simply not true. Who knows...maybe it would've been Whiz if he had stayed in it longer. But I'm not upset with what we have, we have a coach that is both aggressive & level-headed, philosophical & no-nonsense, young & going to the Super Bowl - what's not to like?!?

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
tomlin has been my dude since we hired him...i wanted him over whiz/grimm...we'll see how that head to head matchup turns out...

tomlin just brings that accountability to this team and i just feel he's a mastermind when it comes to how lead a team...one more game mike, lets do it big!!!!!!

I'm right there with you Shifko. Honestly I didn't know anything about him, but i saw two different interviews and was sold, and once he was hired I stood behind him and believed in him. And just watcht the post game news conference. He a no-bull$hit, no-nonsense kind of guy. Unlike Belicheat, that scum bag oozes a$$hole all over. Tomlin is a very class act and worthy of carrying the Steeler Head Coaching torch. I'm sure Noll, Cowher, Rooneys and so on are all very proud of how he's taken a hold of this team and led them.

Props to Coach Tomlin...lets get this thing done. :tt2