PDA

View Full Version : Why we are going to win 21-7

Discipline of Steel
01-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I played soccer this morning in a game where the winner goes to the league finals. The other team was hurting for players, kind of like the Ravens. My position is akin to OLB and I was wearing my James Harrison shirt going in.

No score early, we get on the board first with a breakaway up the middle. Willie Parker goes in from the 20!

The other team comes back with a long, pretty play that includes a lucky bounce. Todd Heap catches a pass up the middle for a TD. We go into the half tied 7-7.

Midway through the second half, we get out ahead again with a shot from close range. Steelers carry a 14-7 lead into the fourth quarter on a plunge by Gary Russell

With 10 minutes to go, I blocked a shot on goal that would have tied it. Harrison snuffs out an apparent TD for the Ravens Then, I scored our 3rd goal crashing the net, two of their guys were on the ground after the play. Harrison slams the door on the Ravens with a violent strip6. Steelers win 21-7!!!

INTENSITY!!!!!

:Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer

Discipline of Steel
01-19-2009, 01:36 AM
OK, so they got an extra touchdown...and it was Troy, not James with the defensive TD at the end...but other than that, the soccer comparison may not be a bad form of prognostication. I was feeling awful superstitious about it this morning