PDA

View Full Version : I don't remember who wanted that Timmons gif

schillah
01-17-2009, 12:37 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/9awen7.gif

Jooser
01-17-2009, 12:42 AM
That's an awsome freaking hit!! Love it. Bring the pain!!!

Djfan
01-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Michaelangelo, Picasso, Rembrandt, Harrison.

AngryAsian
01-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Our LBs are the nastiest in the league by far. Imagine next year's starting lineup?

Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, and Woodley. Friggen Sick!

flippy
01-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Mason Meets His Daddy

proudpittsburgher
01-17-2009, 10:21 AM
I don't remember who wanted that Timmons gif

Um, how's bout everyone?? :tt2 Nice find.

jj28west
01-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Awesome clip!, Thanks
I got a stupid question but with years of the "save the quarterback theme" I am lost on the interpretation of the fine line of excessive tackling.

What I am getting at is the tackle looked textbook but I noticed Lawrence let up and made it a point to show that he was not pile driving the defensless receiver. Under the current rules would this have received the 15 yard penalty if he followed completely through the tackle? Mabe its TV thats throwing me off but I know Harrison (except for QB's) follows through on all tackles like the Ed Reed tackle on the punt return.

Maybe I am too much of a purist but I hope the tackling with respect to the defensive game is not forced by the league to go soft. These guys are incredible athletes with a very small percentage that are able to play at this high level of American football. That tackle either way would have destroyed me and I am not even talking about the Steeler secondary hits on the Bengals the past few years nor the Clark hit on Welker.

stlrz d
01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
^^^

Actually, it always looked to me like Timmons was just bracing his fall. They're pretty high up in the air when he smacks Mason.

jj28west
01-17-2009, 12:11 PM
You know... you are probably right. Now that you said that it makes more sense because if you do leave your feet I beleive it then goes into the unnessary roughness category.
Thanks