PDA

View Full Version : I got a feeling...RuthlessBurgher's going to the Super Bowl

RuthlessBurgher
01-16-2009, 06:45 PM
My Dad and I sent in our $800 checks each for the season ticket holder Super Bowl lottery, and on my way home from work my mother calls me on my cell phone (she never does that) to tell me that the letter from the Steelers was in their mailbox today. If the Steelers make it to Super Bowl, we will too! I couldn't believe it 3 years ago and I can't believe it now. We knew about it before the conference championship game then too, and watching the Denver game from my living room was gut-wrenching knowing that the trip to the Super Bowl was on the line both for my team as well as myself. Now, the nerves are going to be twice as bad since I am going to be at Heinz Field for this conference championship game instead of on my couch. I know most of you hate me right now, but I will bring all of you with me in spirit. And I plan to tailgate with Asian, Oviedo, Flasteel, and whoever else will be in the sunshine state on the first of February. Now I am way too pumped. I'm glad work is finished for the week, or I would be a blathering idiot there now.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

YES SIR! YES SIR! YES SIR!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

stlrz d
01-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes Sir! :tt2

Ozey74
01-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Congrats!!! I'm happy for you Ruthless!!!

:Cheers

steelercorp
01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Woooooooooooooo!!!

Congratz!!!

fordfixer
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
My Dad and I sent in our $800 checks each for the season ticket holder Super Bowl lottery, and on my way home from work my mother calls me on my cell phone (she never does that) to tell me that the letter from the Steelers was in their mailbox today. If the Steelers make it to Super Bowl, we will too! I couldn't believe it 3 years ago and I can't believe it now. We knew about it before the conference championship game then too, and watching the Denver game from my living room was gut-wrenching knowing that the trip to the Super Bowl was on the line both for my team as well as myself. Now, the nerves are going to be twice as bad since I am going to be at Heinz Field for this conference championship game instead of on my couch. I know most of you hate me right now, but I will bring all of you with me in spirit. And I plan to tailgate with Asian, Oviedo, Flasteel, and whoever else will be in the sunshine state on the first of February. Now I am way too pumped. I'm glad work is finished for the week, or I would be a blathering idiot there now.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

YES SIR! YES SIR! YES SIR!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

What makes you think we ever liked you in the first place?

j/k have a great time :tt1

D Rock
01-16-2009, 07:08 PM
how much is a roundtrip flight from State College to Tampa Bay? I might just have to come down and tailgate with all of you and then come back to school after the game. I feel like this is an opportunity that I have a chance to take and can't really pass up AFTER the Steelers win this week.

Even more incredible would be an Eagles-Steelers matchup. This campus (Penn State) would absolutely be bonkers for two weeks and masses of people would be willing to roadtrip there. I really hope that match-up happens.

costanza2k1
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Congrats! All we ask for is pictures my friend...

theBUS36
01-16-2009, 07:16 PM

buckeyehoppy
01-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Yet another reason the Steelers will not be denied on Sunday night.

RB will be at SBXLIII and will bring home Lombardi #6 in spirit.

You take PlanetSteelers with you on this important journey...live long and prosper!!!

MeetJoeGreene
01-16-2009, 10:15 PM
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Flasteel
01-16-2009, 10:20 PM
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Ruthless! Hopefully we'll all be getting together to celebrate!!

rpmpit
01-16-2009, 10:25 PM
HATE YOUR GUTS!!!!! :twisted: :evil:

Just kidding, Bro. Congrats and I hope you and your Dad have a great time.

DUH, of course you'll have a great time watching as we bring home #6!!!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

steelcityrules!!
01-16-2009, 11:03 PM
dude...

not only are you going to the AFCCG, but the Superbowl?

I can tell you one thing, one of us has his priorities straight. Well done.
I will freak out here in philly and drink heavily.

Djfan
01-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Well done Sir!!!

flippy
01-17-2009, 06:18 AM
WooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
The tickets came today (man, that was fast!!!)

The Steelers, who have me sitting in the upper deck end zone bleachers in Section 525 Row FF Seats 25-26 (only 6 rows behind me from the highest point possible) for every game at Heinz Field, have moved me to Section 126 Row G Seats 11-12 (only 6 rows in front of me from being on the actual field) at Raymond James Stadium!!! They gave me much better seats at Ford Field than my seats at Heinz also (lower level, right smack dab behind the goal posts, only one row behind me), but this is even more ridiculous!!! I can't believe it. Wow. I will be able to take doc21-like pictures being this close. I'm right in the corner, and I can't even imagine if the Steelers come out of the tunnel that is right next to me! I hope that the Steelers are on my sideline too. I'm not sure if I will be able to find out any of this information before the game or if I will just have to be surprised when I get there, but I am BEYOND PUMPED UP RIGHT NOW!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.raymondjames.com/stadium/images/build07/stadium_seatingchart.gif

frankthetank1
01-21-2009, 12:38 PM
wow that is amazing. congrats man!!!!

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Dangit. Too bad you weren't in 145 directly across the field from you. That way you would be right next to the Pirate ship and you could scale the masts and hang Terrible towels all over it then be back in your seat before anyone noticed.

MeetJoeGreene
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Way cool. That is going to be AWESOME!!!

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Okay, now I am confused. The tickets say Section 126A. On the seating chart I included earlier, there were no sections with an "A" behind them. However, I have since managed to find another seating chart with some "A" sections (120A-126A and 145A-151A) in each end zone, which is essentially the same as 200-level seats down each sideline. Looking at an actual picture of Raymond James Stadium, the pirate ship is on one end and a palm-tree-lined plaza is on the other end where these "A" sections are supposed to be. Could they be removing the pirate ship and the palm trees to put in temporary seating across each end zone? That would suck if the pirate ship were gone. If this were the case, there would be 33 rows in front of me instead of 6 (according to the Bucs website, most sections have 27 rows, which are lettered A-DD. A-Z make up the first 23 rows. A is the first row and closest to the field, DD is the 27th and last row. Rows I, O, and Q do not exist. Looking up from the field, seats are numbered from the right to left. Most rows have 24 seats.)

http://www.ticketsolutions.com/venuemaps/raymondjamessuperbowl_all.gif

http://tampabaysuperbowl2009.com/graphics/stad.jpg

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 01:27 PM
What the?!?!? No Pirate Ship!??? I don't care if the Bucs aren't playing...that thing is sweet!

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
What the?!?!? No Pirate Ship!??? I don't care if the Bucs aren't playing...that thing is sweet!

I found a picture of Raymond James when it was set up for Super Bowl XXXV. You can see the extra sections of seats in the endzone they are grey rather than red (or pewter rather than burgundy...or whatever the Tampa colors are now). It looks like I'll be sitting on the left side of those pewter-colored seats in the end zone (7th row behind the 27 rows of field level seats). I think I can see the masts of the pirate ship in that picture (behind the Ratbird logo on the near-side scoreboard), so it looks like the ship will stay but be obscured somewhat by the extra seats, I guess.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/superbowl/raymain.jpg

Iron Shiek
01-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah I see your section. That is still pretty sweet seating. Represent!!!
:Steel

Jigawatts
01-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Congratulations Ruthless, but think of all the great commercials you'll miss and we'll
get to see while sitting at home. Sucker!!!

:P

JAR
01-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Good for you Ruth, have a great time.......bastard :lol: