PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Rolle doubtful for AFC title game

costanza2k1
01-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Rolle doubtful for AFC title game
Comment Email Print
By James Walker
ESPN.com

The Baltimore Ravens likely will be without their best cornerback in the AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Baltimore starting cornerback Samari Rolle is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game with a thigh injury. Rolle got hurt in last week's divisional-round victory over the Tennessee Titans and missed practice all week.
Ravens backup cornerback Frank Walker likely will replace Rolle in the starting lineup. Reserve defensive back Cory Ivy also could play a bigger roll in the secondary for Baltimore, which finished No. 2 in total defense in the regular season.
Pro Bowl defensive end/linebacker Terrell Suggs is listed as questionable with a shoulder injury. Suggs will be a game-time decision.
On Pittsburgh's side, safety Troy Polamalu (calf) and center Justin Hartwig (knee) are both listed as probable.
ESPN.com NFL blogger James Walker covers the AFC North.

Ozey74
01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I have a feeling that Suggs may be bluffing. I'm not sure why, but it's just a hunch.

:ratsuck

Steelgal
01-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I have a feeling that Suggs may be bluffing. I'm not sure why, but it's just a hunch.

At first I thought that too. But he's up for free agency after the year, so now I think he sits out so he doesn't injury it anymore and potentially lose big bucks because of it.

steelercorp
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Its always a good sign when the Ratbirds have 12 injuries compared to our 2.

Sugar
01-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I would rather they were "completely healthy before they're broken." :tt2

Actually, I do hate to see NFL players hurt. I know it's part of the game but it's always best to have them match up man to man with no excuses.

stlrz d
01-16-2009, 07:20 PM

He's not playing. I think the "gamesmanship" here is to make the Steelers think he will.

theBUS36
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM

He's not playing. I think the "gamesmanship" here is to make the Steelers think he will.

I think you are right on. They want our OLine to prepare for him.

stlrz d
01-16-2009, 07:45 PM

I think you are right on. They want our OLine to prepare for him.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. :) Not sure why they'd think it is. They'd be wiser to say he's out and then at the last minute play him. If he's able to play that is.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Why are y'all so sure that Suggs won't play? He's listed as QUESTIONABLE, which would cause me to think it's about a 50-50 proposition. I think he may end up playing, albeit at less than full strength.

Sounds like Rolle WON'T, barring a mini-miracle. Should make things a little bit easier for Mr. Roeth. It would be sweet if we saw a repeat of his 5-TD game of early last season.
Not expecting it, but a guy can dream...

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Why are y'all so sure that Suggs won't play? He's listed as QUESTIONABLE, which would cause me to think it's about a 50-50 proposition. I think he may end up playing, albeit at less than full strength.

Sounds like Rolle WON'T, barring a mini-miracle. Should make things a little bit easier for Mr. Roeth. It would be sweet if we saw a repeat of his 5-TD game of early last season.
Not expecting it, but a guy can dream...

If he plays, that's fine with me. Is a man who cannot lift his arm because of ligament damage to his shoulder going to be a pass-rushing threat? The 6'8" 345 lb Max Starks can simply engulf a guy who is trying to use only one arm when trying any pass rush move. Max can just fall on him once and the shoulder could be entirely out of whack.

Mick'sTeam
01-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Until I see Suggs on the sideline in his street clothes, I will expect him to play, and I hope the Steelers are preparing that way as well.

AkronSteel
01-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Until I see Suggs on the sideline in his street clothes, I will expect him to play, and I hope the Steelers are preparing that way as well.

I'm pretty sure that the men in black & gold will be prepared for just about everything! From the interviews I saw on Friday this team has a goal and they are not going to let anyone, let alone the Ravens, get in their way!

This is going to be fun!!! Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!!

:tt1 :tt2