View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica final season starts tonight

NKySteeler
01-16-2009, 01:20 PM
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1994/bsgfinaletopxi8.jpg

...10pm on Sci-Fi.

Should be good....

Jooser
01-17-2009, 12:58 AM
I never saw that final Cylon coming!!!!! Oh Crap....

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg60/dubba_do/battlestar-galactica.jpg

Awesome Fracking Show!!!

NKySteeler
01-18-2009, 12:11 AM
... I'm with 'ya Jooser.... It was a helluva start to the final season!... :wink:

AngryAsian
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Hated losing D. She was the hottest one on the show. :cry:

Jooser
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, after last Friday's episode, I'm a little fuzzy about the final 5's origins. I take it that the 13th colony was on their way to Earth, but stopped first at Cobol. They created the skin jobs there and then proceeded to Earth, where ultimately, the Cylons took over and had their war. Then the final five left Earth and backtracked to Cobol. There, they recreated resurrection and ulitmately made the other 8 models, correct? I'm trying to hang with this story line, but it's gone a little crazy the past 2 weeks. Any help from you BSG enthusiasts? -Joos

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/firebal4/them-20070319021936396.jpg

NKySteeler
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok, after last Friday's episode, I'm a little fuzzy about the final 5's origins. I take it that the 13th colony was on their way to Earth, but stopped first at Cobol. They created the skin jobs there and then proceeded to Earth, where ultimately, the Cylons took over and had their war. Then the final five left Earth and backtracked to Cobol. There, they recreated resurrection and ulitmately made the other 8 models, correct? I'm trying to hang with this story line, but it's gone a little crazy the past 2 weeks. Any help from you BSG enthusiasts? -Joos

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/firebal4/them-20070319021936396.jpg

I'm pretty sure you got it all straight.... The whole "Helen thing" really threw me. Especially hearing them (her and Tigh) argue like parents over the whole "Caprica 6" baby thing.... Personally, I am also "fuzzy" on the whole timeline... References were made to "thousands of years of marriage" and how they "created" the rest.... Also, the way they "eyed" the Boomer model that brought Helen onboard was interesting... I'm assuming that it ties-in to the Adama shooting back in the beginning, but that model was already tried for that issue...

I guess there are only 4 more episodes, so it should all be spelled-out shortly... But didn't they say last season was gonna be the last?... Maybe it will continue again.

... Either way, I love the show, and love the pic you posted even more!.... :wink:

Jooser
02-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I thought it funny too how they treated Boomer when she came back. I'm not too sure how that will pan out, but I bet she ends up with the Chief. I'm starting to get the feeling that the "miracle" they keep talking about is that human and cylon start living and procreating together in a peaceful coexistence. My bet is they'll find another inhabitable planet and move in together. :) You're welcome for the pic, she's a bute, Clark!

eniparadoxgma
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much completely lost at this point...

I may have to test out my google-powers and see if I can find a decent synopsis.

Tricia Helfer has some great Playboy pics out there btw.
And...Grace Park (Boomer) has some great Maxim pics.

Cylon hotties ftmfw!!1

[attachment=0:15un5q2q]Grace-0133.jpg[/attachment:15un5q2q]

Jooser
02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/phinsider/20050724-grace-park-02.jpg

Yeah, would you frack this Cylon? :twisted:

eniparadoxgma
02-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Yessir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cheers :Cheers :Cheers

Jooser
02-27-2009, 07:12 PM
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp52/rednorez/lucy-lawless-02.jpg

Lucy Lawless isn't bad either. Hard to believe they boxed D'Anna!!!

Jooser
02-27-2009, 07:14 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/aqua86/People/Girls/tricia-helfer_19.jpg

Frack! Frack! Frack! Let the Cylons take over Gods Dammit! :D

NKySteeler
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
This week's episode left a little to be desired, IMO....

Starbuck's "reflections" slowed down the momentum, and the whole Boomer/Athena thing was tough to follow even though I've watched it from day #1.... The chiefs' flashbacks sort of insinuated that there is more to thier history as well...

3 episodes to go, so only 3 more hours to clean everything up.... Till it comes out on DVD rental.

NKySteeler
02-28-2009, 12:37 AM
BTW, the pics you guys have posted are worthy of an "A+"...... :wink:

Jooser
02-28-2009, 03:51 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa35/RoyDean05/tricia-helfer.jpg

I'm gonna watch it again before I comment. Grrrrrr......

Iron Shiek
02-28-2009, 08:02 AM
WTF!!! WHY AM I NOT WATCHING THIS SHOW?
:Boobs

Jooser
02-28-2009, 09:26 PM
You're just missing out Shieky!!!!!! :P

Jooser
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/P0is0n0us/Battlestar%20Galactica/Backdrop208.jpg

Just tell me if this is getting old...... :shock:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/caresanders/old.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jooser
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
OMG, I think Starbuck's dad is the missing #8!!!!!!!! Daniel. The song!! I think she's half cylon, half human!! WTF do you guys think? What else explains what's going on with her? The chief is screwed.

:wft was he thinking!!!!!!!!!!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/_xoxoxo/Animal.gif

Jooser
03-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Why does everyone throw a temper tantrum when something doesn't go their way in this show? I mean, common Adama, get the hell out of the paint and let the old girl go! :D This show takes another twist. It's getting a little weird now IMHO. Still, the chicks are hot. LOL

AngryAsian
03-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Why does everyone throw a temper tantrum when something doesn't go their way in this show? I mean, common Adama, get the hell out of the paint and let the old girl go! :D This show takes another twist. It's getting a little weird now IMHO. Still, the chicks are hot. LOL

I don't know about temper tantrums, but the intensity of saving the last vestige of the human race could up the stakes in perception of the world around you. As for the show, I'm kind of lost on some aspects. One night when I'm off, shoot me a PM Joos, and we'll jump in the chat room and maybe you can clarify some questions for me. You, me and NKy should jump in there one night and maybe we can collectively try and come up with some answers. Great show. I'm going to get all five seasons once its all over.

Jooser
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
That's cool A, I'd love to get into some detailed discussion on what's going on. Nky would too, I'm sure. I record the episodes so that I can watch them a couple of times to try and understand as much as my pea-brain can take in. :lol:

NKySteeler
03-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Last week's show was rather ambiguous (been working and just got to watch the DVR recording tonight before the next episode)... Starbucks' tags reveal proof that she has been reincarnated?.... It's getting tough for me to follow. ... Only two more episodes left after tonight (13th), which I haven't seen yet... Time to wrap it up in some way, I think.

NKySteeler
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Great show. I'm going to get all five seasons once its all over.

... Same here... I'm planning on getting the whole set once it's finished.... Start to end.

BTW, just let me know how to do it, and where to "jump" (pardon the pun) and I'd love to join you guys in a discussion of the show.... I've watched it from day #1.

Jooser
03-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Well, I thought Helen knew the location of the Cylon 'colony'. So, I am not sure why Anders had to tell Adama where it was, but anyways.... Maybe this jumping back and forth through time and all has something to do with the singularity that the Cylon colony is based near. Could they be actually traveling through time, or even better, different dimensions? This is really confusing. I am not truly sold that the "Earth" that they found was actually our Earth. I think that they will eventually find it and call it home... Hell, I don't know.... Anyone? :)

NKySteeler
03-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Great show tonight... Personally, the "flashbacks" were good IMO... The series is taking shape with the "final mission", and I like seeing Lee in a uniform instead of a suit. Gotta love Adama's speech!... I think the time travel relevations is due to Hannah, and simply pointing them in the proper direction. Anders is simply a facilitator to the facts that Adama aquired so as to make the "mission" decision. But like Jooser said, "who knows".

Apparently next week is the final show, and it will be a 2-hour finale.... Should be fantastic!

Jooser
03-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Also, don't forget about the Battlestar Galactica: The Last Frakking Special that airs this Monday night @ 10 EST. It looks to have alot of interviews and behind-the-scenes type stuff that should be pretty entertaining. I've loved this show and have followed it from day one. I can't believe it's coming to an end next week.

What do yinz think is up with the song? My thoughts are kinda going in two directions. I think that either the notes are some sort of genetic code or they could be coordinates in space or something like that.

The part that I am so damned confused about is the timeline. The 'final 5' were alive and part of the Cylon civilization at least two thousand years ago. Last night, Helen made reference to the fact that the final 5 were around for the modern war (which according to the show ended about 40 yrs. ago). So, how long ago did the Centurions and Humans battle prior to this war going on in this show? In other words, exactly how long ago did humanity develop and utilize Cylon technology before they rebelled and the war started. It just seems that in the world of the final 5 (which was supposedly Earth), they are so much older than the ones from Caprica and the other colonies. That being said, when exactly did the skin-jobs come into being? I'm very confused on all this and the exact timeline.... OOhh, the brain pain!

RuthlessBurgher
03-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, I thought Helen knew the location of the Cylon 'colony'. So, I am not sure why Anders had to tell Adama where it was, but anyways.... Maybe this jumping back and forth through time and all has something to do with the singularity that the Cylon colony is based near. Could they be actually traveling through time, or even better, different dimensions? This is really confusing. I am not truly sold that the "Earth" that they found was actually our Earth. I think that they will eventually find it and call it home... Hell, I don't know.... Anyone? :)

Their time traveling between different dimension will ultimately land them on the "Lost" island. Hurley and Locke are Cylons. :lol:

eniparadoxgma
03-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Helen knew where the colony *used* to be, but in the same episode said that it had been moved.

I think the flashbacks are just a device for character development. IMO it doesn't seem that any of the characters in the show are experiencing them as any strange type of phenomenon or anything, so I'm assuming they're just reflecting on their past(s).

No idea about the timeline. All the "final 5 making the other cylons", 13th tribe, earth in cinders stuff lost me a long time ago. I have no clue. I just need to find some fairly clear synopsis on the web somewhere to get me up to date.

Still have no clue as to why Baltar sees/hears the 6, or why that 6 saw/heard her own Baltar for awhile. Still waiting on the explanation for that.

I am diggin the last mission. It seems as if it's been awhile since there was a good interstellar buttkicking.

Jooser
03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
On the time travelling enip, I guess I misspoke a bit. I think that Starbuck may be the only one who actually time-travelled or jumped dimensions or whatever. I think that maybe she got a glimpse of her destiny (and humanity's) if the future doesn't change. I still think that here father was the Daniel that they talked about being eliminated a couple of weeks ago. They said he was an artist of sorts, thus the piano, the song, and Starbuck painting that Super Nova for no apparent reason.....

NKySteeler
03-14-2009, 08:44 PM
BTW Jooser... Thanx for the reminder about the "last Fracking special"... I kept seeing the promos for it, but it still went right past me... After your reminder earlier, I set the DVR to record it...

There are alot of questions that need to be answered, and honestly, I don't see how that will be done in just a 2-hour finale. But it should be interesting...

eniparadoxgma
03-14-2009, 09:05 PM
On the time travelling enip, I guess I misspoke a bit. I think that Starbuck may be the only one who actually time-travelled or jumped dimensions or whatever. I think that maybe she got a glimpse of her destiny (and humanity's) if the future doesn't change. I still think that here father was the Daniel that they talked about being eliminated a couple of weeks ago. They said he was an artist of sorts, thus the piano, the song, and Starbuck painting that Super Nova for no apparent reason.....

Yeah, I agree with the Daniel is her dad view. Thanks for clearin up what you meant by the time traveling/dimension jumping. I thought you were referring to all the flashbacks in this past episode. I really have no clue as to the Starbuck finding Earth...dying?...finding her own dead body...stuff.

NKy: I have no clue how they're going to tie all this up in two hours. Even if there wasn't a do-or-die one-last-mission in a dying Battlestar goin on, they have, I dunno, maybe 20 story lines to explain/finish? It should definitely be interesting.

Jooser
03-14-2009, 10:24 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/leahmulder78/battlestar.jpg

I can't frakkin' wait until this is all pulled together.

Jooser
03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
I can't help but think that Baltar is going to come up with something here at the end to save humanity. He's done nothing but save his own ass, like Lee pointed out last night, and I think that there's something coming that he'll do here at the end to save humanity and the Cylons....

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/weasleyluv/battlestar.jpg

Gods knows wouldn't you? - if Caprica 6 was your reward? :Boobs :D

Jooser
03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I thought that last night's Last Frakking Special was pretty good. It was entertaining, a little revealing about what the creators were up to when they were putting it all together, and it showed some unique perspectives on some of the actors/actresses. Starbuck is a real airhead in real life!! LOL. :lol:

NKySteeler
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
I thought that last night's Last Frakking Special was pretty good. It was entertaining, a little revealing about what the creators were up to when they were putting it all together, and it showed some unique perspectives on some of the actors/actresses. Starbuck is a real airhead in real life!! LOL. :lol:

I didn't watch it when it aired... Was out of town... But just watched it on DVR... LoL, what does it say when I immediately came to this thread afterwords... :lol:

I thought it was a nice complete cover about the show's production. I had hoped that they would reveal more about the final 2-hour episode and how they'll tie it all up, but didn't catch too much in that regard... I DID get one line that previews this coming week's series finale: "It's about the characters, not the storyline." ... With that in mind, I expect to see a mild plot with alot of personal info about the characters. ... During this "special show" someone commented that almost every line is important, and that the script was "thick"... I'm looking forward to it.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the complete series to come out on DVD in a package format. I'm afraid that they will release it "slowly" one season at a time, and I won't be able to get the whole thing in a complete package for a while...

NKySteeler
03-20-2009, 10:16 PM
... In process of viewing the final episode... Very well done... But still lacking appropriate "clean-up" of situations.... Daymn!.... Great special effects!!!!

NKySteeler
03-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Starbuck was the compass, the guidance, and the tool that got them to Earth. IMO... The Galactica was irreversably broken, and they were stuck where Starbuck took them to. Once there, her "illusion" wasn't needed once Lee accepted life an Earth, and she disappeared... They all found a "home".

BTW... Did anyone stick around at the very end???..... "This fall" there will be a show from the "cylon" perspective.... It was in the credits where you usually see "scenes from our next episode"...... It is not done yet.

Jooser
03-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, there's alot to digest after last night's episode, I am going to watch it again today so that I can go over everything I missed (had company last night). Just off the top of my pea-brained mind, here's what I got:

1. Starbuck - Angel?

2. The abstract Six and Baltar - Angels

3. Roslyn - Fulfilled the prophecy of a dying leader

4. Adama - going to die a lonely man in the wilderness

5. That humanity is damned to repeat it's mistakes over and over

6. Incredible special effects for a TV show

7. The Centurions are free to roam the cosmos and return anytime they wish to destroy us.

8. Hera is Earth's Eve

Going to have to watch it again. I think they did a great job, but some questions still linger in my mind.....Joos