PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not able to focus on work today?

Mel Blount's G
01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Way to psyched up for sunday's heavyweight fight :x :HeadBanger

How do y'all deal with this anxiety? Call in sick and begin a 3 day bender (which I considered)?

proudpittsburgher
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
yea, seriously, you talk abotu today. I haven't been able to concentrate all week! It's going to be off the hook if/when we beat Baltimore and we have two weeks to think about it.

NC Steeler Fan
01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
It's taken everything I've got to do any work today!!

WOOOOOOOO!!!! :tt1

NW Steeler
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I havent done SQUAT today except check the board here!

flippy
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
WooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

rpmpit
01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Same here. Still, I'm trying to get some things done so I'm not swamped when I get back Tuesday. But its been tough :(

Iron Shiek
01-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I echo everyone's sentiments....unbelievably hard to concentrate.

MeetJoeGreene
01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I am helping someone develop requirements for their software system using a technique known as "Use Cases". It is basically as step-by-step flow or story of an interaction between a user and the system. (I won't get real geeky on y'all). Step 3 of my use case should say something like:

The Customer chooses to finalize their purchase.

It now reads"

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But I am not having problems concentrating on work or anything.

Iron Shiek
01-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I am helping someone develop requirements for their software system using a technique known as "Use Cases". It is basically as step-by-step flow or story of an interaction between a user and the system. (I won't get real geeky on y'all). Step 3 of my use case should say something like:

It now reads"

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mix in a "Yes Sir!" around step 7 or so...

Mel Blount's G
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM

It now reads"

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Steps 1,3,5,7,9 :arrow: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Steps 2,4,6,8,10 :arrow: :ratsuck

Ozey74
01-16-2009, 01:58 PM
I took off work today because I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate!

:tt2

MeetJoeGreene
01-16-2009, 02:05 PM

It now reads"

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Step 7 should read:

The System generates and displays a confirmation message containing the final results of the purchase.

It now reads.

The System generates and displays a confirmation message containing "YES SIR!!!"

Step 8 should read:

The Customer acknowleges the confirmation message.

It now reads:

The Customer acknowleges that "THE RATBIRDS SUCK!!!!!"

The System again says "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Mel Blount's G
01-16-2009, 02:14 PM
My work is going to pile up. I don't care. That's what baseball season is for :roll:

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I forwarded the link to the first IC Light Tomlin parody to my Steelers buddy at work. He loved it. Gotta love when they talk just like back home. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Djfan
01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I havent done SQUAT today except check the board here!

Bingo!

snarky
01-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm lucky, I had a client call me this week with more work than I will be able to complete by the time they want it done.

steeld95
01-16-2009, 03:00 PM
[quote="MeetJoeGreene"]I am helping someone develop requirements for their software system quote]

I am trying to write some requirements on our software today as well. I have about given up. It can wait til Monday.

Starlifter
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
all i know is I'm sitting in class all day attempting to learn the systems of a new jet I'm about to fly for work. it's not going good.

electrical systems? - nope, i spent the hour worrying if our O-line will pick up the blitz

hydraulics? - nope, will fast willie run like last week or last december?

pressurization? - nope, will we challenge Ed Reed or puss out and not throw anywhere near him?

Fire detection? - nope, how can a guy with one eyebrow expect to beat our defense?

overall, this is NOT good.........Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :ratsuck :ratsuck

NJ-STEELER
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
whats this thing you call "work"?

snarky
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I am helping someone develop requirements for their software system quote]

I am trying to write some requirements on our software today as well. I have about given up. It can wait til Monday.

R1) The system must allow the user to sack Joe Flacco and force a fumble.

R2) The system must have the ability to injure Ray Lewis.

Ah forget it. See you Monday.

rpmpit
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
all i know is I'm sitting in class all day attempting to learn the systems of a new jet I'm about to fly for work. it's not going good.

electrical systems? - nope, i spent the hour worrying if our O-line will pick up the blitz

pressurization? - nope, will we challenge Ed Reed or puss out and not throw anywhere near him?

Fire detection? - nope, how can a guy with one eyebrow expect to beat our defense?

overall, this is NOT good.........Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :ratsuck :ratsuck

Ahhhh, don't worry about learning the new jet. Just hit the autopilot button and you'll be fine! :lol:

RussBII
01-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I had to do a "surprise deployment" today. You know, when one of the sales engineers and calls up and says "Oh yeah, we told them they can have that feature today..."

So that was fun, fortunately no one knows how long it takes to deploy....

I've been all over the place as far as brainwaves though. I'm mostly thinking about a bloody mary on the Gateway Clipper on the way over to the stadium now...

-Russ

RuthlessBurgher
01-16-2009, 03:27 PM

As a pilot and a Steeler fan, you should have twice as many reasons to hate Ratbirds (after some d@mn birds contributed to the Hudson River incident yesterday).

:ratsuck

costanza2k1
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Man I wish I could focus on something else...my company is planning on doing 16k layoffs starting today through next week, kind of worried but expected this with the economy...

Ok done being a wuss now, that's all I had.

LET'S DO THIS STEELERS!

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
One of our managers just put on his home Troy jersey. Love it! :tt2

ROLROC
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Way to psyched up for sunday's heavyweight fight :x :HeadBanger

How do y'all deal with this anxiety? Call in sick and begin a 3 day bender (which I considered)?

you mean a 4 day bender...you gotta celebrate late into sunday and take monday off as well. :wink:

Iron Shiek
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM

Ha...awesome. I used to schedule the pilot training at the company I used to work for. I would always try to find the pilots from Pennsylvania and when I'd brief them I'd throw in a go steelers (even if they weren't fans...)

MeetJoeGreene
01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I am helping someone develop requirements for their software system quote]

R1) The system must allow the user to sack Joe Flacco and force a fumble.

R2) The system must have the ability to injure Ray Lewis.

Ah forget it. See you Monday.

And don't forget the non-functional, performance requirements:

The Offensive Line must allow Big Ben at least 3-5 seconds of protection on 95% of passing plays.

fordfixer
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I cant focus either I feel sorry for the guy who's brakes I'm fixing. :lol: j/k

Steeler Mafia
01-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I have done 2 things at work today, Jack and Sh**, and Jack left for the day an hour before lunch.

Let's all tie one on and bust this place up! Who's with me? :Beer

Ozey74
01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
I have done 2 things at work today, Jack and Sh**, and Jack left for the day an hour before lunch.

Let's all tie one on and bust this place up! Who's with me? :Beer

I'm going to tie one on tonight so I will want to rest up tomorrow and repeat on Sunday!!!

:Beer

fezziwig
01-16-2009, 06:09 PM
i haven't focused on anything since the steelers have made the playoffs. this week has been the longest year of my life.

steelercorp
01-16-2009, 06:42 PM
This has been the worst week at school and work. Luckily I can browse the boards at both so I remember the words "Force" in physics and that's about all. Sunday can't get here soon enough. Even my boss at work gave up on trying to get me to do anything cuz every time she talks to me I start talking about the Steelers. The last I heard from her is that she is going to have to watch the game now because she wonders why I'm so obsessed.