PDA

View Full Version : News: Woodson picks Steelers over Ravens

RKSteel
01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Woodson picks Steelers over Ravens
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The AFC championship game will be played Sunday in Heinz Field, but the Steelers have already stolen one from the Baltimore Ravens.

Rod Woodson, who played for the Steelers and then earned a Super Bowl ring with the Ravens, will serve as one of the Steelers' honorary co-captains Sunday. He will be joined by former teammate Dermontti Dawson. The two former Steelers greats are among the 15 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists.

Woodson played cornerback for the Steelers from 1987 to 1996. He later played for the 49ers (1997), Ravens (98-01) and Raiders (02-03). Baltimore won the Super Bowl after the 2000 season.
-----------------------
Nice. :tt2 :Steel :tt1

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Dang it! I say they reprise the atmosphere of the Monday Nighter last year and bring all the greats back! And put the ugly mustard helmets on and the whole nine yards. That might send Ed Reed into a coma just from flashbacks.

proudpittsburgher
01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't see how this is a surprise. Sure he won a ring with the ravens, but he will ALWAYS be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

AngryAsian
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't see how this is a surprise. Sure he won a ring with the ravens, but he will ALWAYS be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

He will be inducted to the HOF as a Steeler, without a doubt.

stlrz d
01-15-2009, 08:51 PM

:nono

Do I have to do this again? :P

mshifko
01-15-2009, 09:16 PM

:nono

Do I have to do this again? :P

you think he'll go in as a niner or raven?

stlrz d
01-15-2009, 09:38 PM
No, I think he'll go in as an NFL player.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/94

Dave Janosko, Pittsburgh
01:08 PM ET
If you are selected for induction into the Pro Football Hall a Fame, will you go in as a Steeler or a Raven?

Rod Woodson, NFL.com
I think what you have to understand that in football, you don't have to don a hat like you do in baseball. But if I had to pick a team, it would be the Steelers, because the Rooney family gave me my start, and I played 10 years in Pittsburgh. But if I did have to pick, that would be it.

RuthlessBurgher
01-15-2009, 11:35 PM

Dave Janosko, Pittsburgh
If you are selected for induction into the Pro Football Hall a Fame, will you go in as a Steeler or a Raven?

Rod Woodson, NFL.com
I think what you have to understand that in football, you don't have to don a hat like you do in baseball. But if I had to pick a team, it would be the Steelers, because the Rooney family gave me my start, and I played 10 years in Pittsburgh. But if I did have to pick, that would be it.

So you are saying he will go in with an NFL network hat on?

What if he worked for CBS, FOX, NBC, or ESPN instead?

(I'm just playin') :lol:

costanza2k1
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM

Dave Janosko, Pittsburgh

Rod Woodson, NFL.com

I was expecting you to go through the motions yourself. You cheated. :P Until you mentioned it a couple of months ago I thought players went in representing a team.

stlrz d
01-16-2009, 12:38 AM

Dave Janosko, Pittsburgh

Rod Woodson, NFL.com

I was expecting you to go through the motions yourself. You cheated. :P Until you mentioned it a couple of months ago I thought players went in representing a team.

I did too at one time.

This time I'm learning you something...no making poking!

Djfan
01-16-2009, 03:11 AM
This time I'm learning you something...no making poking!

I knew D and Asian were the same guy!

proudpittsburgher
01-16-2009, 07:14 AM

[quote]
Dave Janosko, Pittsburgh

Rod Woodson, NFL.com

I did too at one time.

This time I'm learning you something...no making poking![/quote:30lgga10]

You may not don a hat, but it will be clear who he represents come Canton time, and it will be clear which fans will be representing in the crowd. And it is also what I love about the Rooneys. They have to make some tough decisions, like letting guys like Woodson go for financial reason, yet there are no hard feelings with good character guys. Most egotistical athletes would be pizzed, but the Rooneys command that much respect. Sorry for going a bit off topic here. :)