PDA

View Full Version : Sirius NFL Radio

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
They have done a great job interviewing Steelers all week from Holmes to Woodley to Tomlin to Clark to Heath and many others. Its bee a great week. But I'm throwing a flag because guess who just came on? Come...guess, its not hard. <cough>....Flag....<cough>

Its good hearing his perspective though.

He just said the Chargers game wasn't the line's best game...and that every game is good. :D

rpmpit
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
IS, I got a question for ya. We just got my wife a new truck and it came with 6 months of XM radio free. Aren't XM and Sirius one in the same now?? If so, why can't I get NFL Radio on my radio?

RuthlessBurgher
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Did they ask him about the guy in the Walmart parking lot? :lol:

ikestops85
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
IS, I got a question for ya. We just got my wife a new truck and it came with 6 months of XM radio free. Aren't XM and Sirius one in the same now?? If so, why can't I get NFL Radio on my radio?

I think you can but you have to order the "Best of Sirius" along with your XM package. I'm pretty sure that football is included in that.

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM

It looks like you have to have the "Best of Sirius" package. Go to XM's website and you can get a free 3 month trial (includes NFL Radio, NASCAR channel, and others). Then you have to have a monthly package that includes "Best of Sirius" going forward.

rpmpit
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM

It looks like you have to have the "Best of Sirius" package. Go to XM's website and you can get a free 3 month trial (includes NFL Radio, NASCAR channel, and others). Then you have to have a monthly package that includes "Best of Sirius" going forward.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

VirgilBosett
01-15-2009, 05:14 PM
:2c NFL Radio and ESPN on Sirius is well worth it IMO.

I bought a Jeep couple years ago, and it came free for one year. Extended it for three. Love it.

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
:2c NFL Radio and ESPN on Sirius is well worth it IMO.

I bought a Jeep couple years ago, and it came free for one year. Extended it for three. Love it.

Heck yeah, one of the best Xmas presents I ever got. Plus if you are able to stream at work (assuming you stare at a freakin computer all day like me) you get online access to sirius for free. Too bad ESPN radio isn't part of it. But NFL Radio is...and it makes time go by nicely...

Leper Friend
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes,SIRIUS rules. I bought it for Howard Stern but the NFL SIRIUS channel rules.It's a thousand times beter than anything ESPN. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan have a great show. I actually called and talked to Shannon Sharpe one time too.

RuthlessBurgher
01-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Satellite radio is like crack. They give you one of those free introductory offers (3 months, 6 months, first year, whatever), and after that you are addicted to the point that you absolutely cannot even consider not paying for it. My Sirius crapped out on me for a while, and I couldn't believe how much I HATED regular radio during that time. I was totally spoiled, and could not stand to be in a car for more than 10 minutes with regular radio. I was SO relieved when I got it back. I was lucky to sign up for a lifetime subscription back when they used to offer that. Paid four or five hundred bucks (forget exactly how much) and I don't have to pay any monthly fee at all anymore. It rules.

proudpittsburgher
01-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Agreed with everyone about sattelite radio. I bought XM a few years ago for baseball, and I planned on gettign rid of it afetr the season. I couldn't. Plus, you can listen through your computer at work (you get ESPN radio with XM online) True, paying for radio is kinda crazy, but if you have the extra 12 bucks a month, you won't regret. When I am not listening to the sports talk, I am hooked on the comedy channels and 60's on 6.

RuthlessBurgher
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Agreed with everyone about sattelite radio. I bought XM a few years ago for baseball, and I planned on gettign rid of it afetr the season. I couldn't. Plus, you can listen through your computer at work (you get ESPN radio with XM online) True, paying for radio is kinda crazy, but if you have the extra 12 bucks a month, you won't regret. When I am not listening to the sports talk, I am hooked on the comedy channels and 60's on 6.

I am ticked off that the bosses blocked access to any streaming audio on our computers at work, because I used to listen to Sirius pretty much whenever I was in the office. Used to make the day go by so smoothly. I tried bringing my portable Sirius into work, but the antenna won't pick up anything through the walls. Sucks. Still got it in the car and at home, though.

Iron Shiek
01-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Satellite radio is like crack. They give you one of those free introductory offers (3 months, 6 months, first year, whatever), and after that you are addicted to the point that you absolutely cannot even consider not paying for it. My Sirius crapped out on me for a while, and I couldn't believe how much I HATED regular radio during that time. I was totally spoiled, and could not stand to be in a car for more than 10 minutes with regular radio. I was SO relieved when I got it back. I was lucky to sign up for a lifetime subscription back when they used to offer that. Paid four or five hundred bucks (forget exactly how much) and I don't have to pay any monthly fee at all anymore. It rules.

I just heard a commercial where if you sign up for lifetime now its like a hundred bucks off. I don't know though. If its 400 bucks...that pays for itself in 28 years at current rates. I'm sure they might still go up, but 14 bucks a month will keep me on a yearly subscription until something even better comes out. Ha.

RuthlessBurgher
01-16-2009, 10:12 AM

I just heard a commercial where if you sign up for lifetime now its like a hundred bucks off. I don't know though. If its 400 bucks...that pays for itself in 28 years at current rates. I'm sure they might still go up, but 14 bucks a month will keep me on a yearly subscription until something even better comes out. Ha.

I think Shieky is still drunk. :Cheers :Beer If you are paying $14 per month, that would be $168 per year (since there are 12 months in a year, after all). Within 3 years, you will have paid over $500. Those other 25 years are free. :mrgreen: