PDA

View Full Version : watching the replay

steelcityrules!!
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
ike is rivers whipping boy... every time he threw the ball, it was at Ike. It becomes much more apparent when they just roll play after play and pull all pauses and commercial time outs. That first drive in the 4th Q for taylor was just awful

he better step it up in the AFCCG, because if he gives up a 45 yard TD bomb to joe flacid in the first series, I'm gonna flip out.

Scarletfire1970
01-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Our secondary was pretty awful in the Chargers game. Luckily the offense came through for us and the Chargers O didn't see the ball in the 3rd quarter otherwise the game could have been alot closer.

frankthetank1
01-15-2009, 08:25 AM
ike did have an awful game. by far his worst of the season, but to be fair vincent jackson is becoming one of the best wr in the nfl and rivers is an excellent qb as well

mshifko
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
ike didn't play his best, but vincent jackson was unbelievable...his catches were phenomenal...

i think our secondary is going to have to pick it up, but if we can constantly get to flacco only sending 4 guys we'll be fine

Steeler Mafia
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Watching those replays it looked to me that Rivers just threw that ball up in the air to a spot and hoped Jackson ran under it. It was a high risk gamble that paid off for them. Jackson has some speed and Taylor was right there with him. They were lucky to one, get that play off, and two, that the timing wasn't a half of a second off. If so, Jackson misses that ball by a mile or Rivers gets planted.

frankthetank1
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM
was that the longest pass on the steelers defense this season? i thought at the time it was but im not sure

MeetJoeGreene
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
ike is rivers whipping boy... every time he threw the ball, it was at Ike. It becomes much more apparent when they just roll play after play and pull all pauses and commercial time outs. That first drive in the 4th Q for taylor was just awful

he better step it up in the AFCCG, because if he gives up a 45 yard TD bomb to joe flacid in the first series, I'm gonna flip out.

I think Coach bad word (I actually typed bad word) will also notice it and make any necessary adjustments. I am thinking (but not necessarily thrilled) that Ike will be giving a cushion to whomever he is covering again -- keeping in front.

steelsnis
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
What I noticed from watching the replay is how much McHugh was used in the 4th quarter when Parker was goin off. He was lead blocker out of the I-formation for a good bit of the 4th. Plus I didn't realize how big dude is! Hopefully they continue to use him in this game and he can get a body on Lewis.