PDA

View Full Version : Flacco Worries me

MeetJoeGreene
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
OK. Flame away at me.

But, even though he is a rookie, he greatly impresses me.

He seems to, for the most part, make plays when he needs them.

He has an incredible arm.

I just worried about getting burned.

AngryAsian
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
His arm will be a worry of ours for a long time to come. The strength of it is ridiculous. I was watching a game this season on Cable TV (DVR capabilities accessible) and saw him back peddling and saw him fling it to Mason (the trajectory was on a "rope")... I rewound and played in slo-mo. He heaved it 55 yards like it was nothing. Sick arm strength. We need to get aggressive with the blitzing and get to him early. Rattle him before that arm has its time to work.

Jooser
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I look for him to complete a few long ones to Mason. But, like with any long pass attempt, there's risk involved. If we get pressure on him and he takes those risks, sooner or later we'll burn him. I am more concerned with the health of Polamalu and the over all play of our secondary. No more 300 yard passing games!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Steeler Mafia
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I have to agree MJG. I watched him slice up our secondary in the first matchup with that powerful arm of his. We got to him more in the second meeting, but he doesn't rattle easily. To win on Sunday, we need to put him on this @ss early and often. A few good doeses of Harrison and Woodly should have him running for his life by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

frankthetank1
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
im not too worried about flacco. he has hardly made any mistakes in the playoffs so far and he depends on the run so much so i think he will throw at least a couple of int's. willie anderson's status will make a big difference as well. he is due for a rookie performance. the unibrow however is going to be a great qb in the nfl unfortunately. they get a good qb just in time for their aging defense to decline :lol:

Iron Shiek
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I have to agree MJG. I watched him slice up our secondary in the first matchup with that powerful arm of his. We got to him more in the second meeting, but he doesn't rattle easily. To win on Sunday, we need to put him on this @ss early and often. A few good doeses of Harrison and Woodly should have him running for his life by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

I want to see him run to the corner of the end zone and curl up in the fetal position for fear of his life.

Steeler Mafia
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
[quote="Steeler Mafia":2q1dy4lj]I have to agree MJG. I watched him slice up our secondary in the first matchup with that powerful arm of his. We got to him more in the second meeting, but he doesn't rattle easily. To win on Sunday, we need to put him on this @ss early and often. A few good doeses of Harrison and Woodly should have him running for his life by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

I want to see him run to the corner of the end zone and curl up in the fetal position for fear of his life.[/quote:2q1dy4lj]

Or have him snap the ball and then try to hide behind the offical screaming, "Blow the Whistle! Blow the Whistle!" Much like in the movie Necessary Roughness. 8)

JDSteeler
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
OK. Flame away at me.

Just stop!

Flacco is not going to the Bowl.

JD

Mister Pittsburgh
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Only person he throws deep to is Mason. Shut down Mason and stuff the run and he will hit a pass here or there to Heap and Rice/McClain/McGahee out of the backfield but they aren't gamebreakers. 98% of his gamebreaking passes are to Mason. Lock Ike up on Mason one on one.

RuthlessBurgher
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
From DJ Gallo's NFL Hangover column on ESPN.com's Page 2 this week:

Joe Flacco's performance this season as a rookie cannot be understated. It can, however, be overstated. I mean, he is benefiting from an outstanding defense. Flacco's true performance is somewhere between dependable and outstanding. If you consider his left eyebrow Dependable and his right Outstanding, his performance falls in that dense area in between. (And for the sake of this analogy, just pretend there are two distinct eyebrows.) :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/090112&sportCat=nfl

stlrz d
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Hapmton and Diesel were both out in the first matchup. Flacco - 192 yards, 1 TD, no picks.

Hampton and Diesel were back for the second matchup. Flacco - 115 yards, 0 TD, 2 picks.

His worst game as a pro was that second matchup against a healthy Steelers D.

Yes Sir!

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
01-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Hapmton and Diesel were both out in the first matchup. Flacco - 192 yards, 1 TD, no picks.

Hampton and Diesel were back for the second matchup. Flacco - 115 yards, 0 TD, 2 picks.

Yes Sir!

Hampton was back for the 2nd Ravens game, but I don't think Keisel was back yet for that one. Now that Keisel is back too, Flacco should have 38 yards passing and 4 picks this time, including one that we return for a TD.
:mrgreen:

SteelerNation1
01-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Yes Sir!

$$$$$$$-He looked like a Rookie that 2nd matchup. He'll look like even more of a rook this time. Like another poster said, take Mason out (doubleteam) and make him beat you by going to Clayton or Heap. He locks on #85 and will force some throws to him at times.
***See Ryan Clark INT in 2nd matchup...he forced the ball to Mason and Ike tipped it to Clark

Jooser
01-14-2009, 01:32 PM

Yes Sir!

$$$$$$$-He looked like a Rookie that 2nd matchup. He'll look like even more of a rook this time. Like another poster said, take Mason out (doubleteam) and make him beat you by going to Clayton or Heap. He locks on #85 and will force some throws to him at times.
***See Ryan Clark INT in 2nd matchup...he forced the ball to Mason and Ike tipped it to Clark

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2882/moneysmileylb5.gif (http://imageshack.us) Money post SN1, I totally agree.

stlrz d
01-14-2009, 01:44 PM

Yes Sir!

Hampton was back for the 2nd Ravens game, but I don't think Keisel was back yet for that one. Now that Keisel is back too, Flacco should have 38 yards passing and 4 picks this time, including one that we return for a TD.
:mrgreen:

You are probably right. I watched the NFLN Replays and thought I saw #99 on the field. Perhaps I didn't. :oops:

But anyway, they'll both be there for this one! :tt2

Djfan
01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Only person he throws deep to is Mason. Shut down Mason and stuff the run and he will hit a pass here or there to Heap and Rice/McClain/McGahee out of the backfield but they aren't gamebreakers. 98% of his gamebreaking passes are to Mason. Lock Ike up on Mason one on one.

My thoughts exactly. Also, getting pressure on him is huge. This game will be won or lost based on Ben's performance and how we deal with their O line. Not Flacco.

AkronSteel
01-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Flacco doesn't scare me at all! I have not seen anything from the guy that says that he is going to beat the Steelers this weekend. He likes to throw the digs and the outs and the Ravens will put it up deep a couple of times a game off play action! If they cannot run the ball with consistency which I don't think they will be doing this weekend then everything will be contained underneath and the field with shrink for the rookie. He will not beat the Steelers this weekend.

The only way I see the Steelers being beat this weekend is if they beat themselves. If the Steelers play a clean game with limited penalties and no turnovers the Ravens have no shot! I don't know what Flacco thinks playoff football is all about but Nashville was full of Ravens fans last week...I even heard a Heap chant when he caught that late pass over the middle (won't happen in the Burgh), Miami is a very tame atmosphere to play in as an opposing player, but the scene that Flacco will be walking into this weekend is like nothing he has ever been a part of. It's going to be a long day rookie.....make sure that chinstrap is on tight, and you have painkillers on the sideline.....you're going to need em!

:tt1 :tt2

flippy
01-14-2009, 02:02 PM
OK. Flame away at me.

He's gonna lock on to Mason on most passing situations.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game plan is to not even have him throw the ball once if possible.

I'd tell Timmons to hit Mason every chance he gets.

ROLROC
01-14-2009, 02:05 PM
OK. Flame away at me.

Just stop!

Flacco is not going to the Bowl.

JD
agreed. flacco's completion % will be <50. our d will give up a few >15 yds but no TDs IMO.

rats should be worried about ben's arm. he was throwing some lasers last game- his arm/shoulder looked truly healthy.

feltdizz
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Flacco will make this Baltimore battle great for years to come.. but this year? He just doesn't have the weapons on O to beat us.

McClain was the guy who scared me. He fell forward for 3 or 4 yards every play... but he is gimpy.

Flacco has an arm though...

costanza2k1
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Joe Flacco's performance this season as a rookie cannot be understated. It can, however, be overstated. I mean, he is benefiting from an outstanding defense. Flacco's true performance is somewhere between dependable and outstanding. If you consider his left eyebrow Dependable and his right Outstanding, his performance falls in that dense area in between. (And for the sake of this analogy, just pretend there are two distinct eyebrows.) :lol:

That pretty much had me in tears... :D

flippy
01-14-2009, 09:43 PM

That pretty much had me in tears... :D

the best line was "it's clear that Roethlisberger concussed the stupid part of his brain."