PDA

View Full Version : over from the trib...

countdraculaincleats
01-14-2009, 04:54 AM
I ve been coming over here since the trib shutdown. Crazy season so far. Finally we see the real steelers offense. Ben threadin the needle. and willie looks rejuvinated. Ill be the first to admit that i thought we werent going anywhere with this oline, but they seem to be holding their own.I also feel comfortable saying we should decappitate the ravens. They are wearing down and i think Flacco is struggling. The charger game was the best we looked on offense all year. Maybe im too optimistic...GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt2

proudpittsburgher
01-14-2009, 07:31 AM
I ve been coming over here since the trib shutdown. Crazy season so far. Finally we see the real steelers offense. Ben threadin the needle. and willie looks rejuvinated. Ill be the first to admit that i thought we werent going anywhere with this oline, but they seem to be holding their own.I also feel comfortable saying we should decappitate the ravens. They are wearing down and i think Flacco is struggling. The charger game was the best we looked on offense all year. Maybe im too optimistic...GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt2

My gut tells me that we will win by more than a couple of points as well, but you never know.

Ozey74
01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
The Raven are wearing down!!! This is their 18th weekend in a row that they have had a game. They looked tired last weekend. Coming to Heinz Field and our crowd aint easy to overcome....

:tt2

Jom112
01-14-2009, 10:20 AM
The Raven are wearing down!!! This is their 18th weekend in a row that they have had a game. They looked tired last weekend. Coming to Heinz Field and our crowd aint easy to overcome....

Their pass rush looked tired against the Titans. If they do that again against the Steelers the game shouldn't be close.

The one thing the Ravens do have though that should keep the game interesting is the ability to stop Willie Parker. Parker can not run against that Ravens defense...

100$handshake
01-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm personally getting tired of reading how the Ravens are 'wearing down'. Yes they haven't had a bye week since week 2 but they've been winning consistently down the stretch and their D has played great football. I think since Bill Cowher brought this up before the Ravens-Titans game no one even realized they had played so long without a bye week. Now everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon and following this path as a logical reason the Steelers win this week.

The Steelers will win this week. But I'm not using the Ravens 'wearing down' as my reason. The Steelers win this week because they will play better.

feltdizz
01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm personally getting tired of reading how the Ravens are 'wearing down'. Yes they haven't had a bye week since week 2 but they've been winning consistently down the stretch and their D has played great football. I think since Bill Cowher brought this up before the Ravens-Titans game no one even realized they had played so long without a bye week. Now everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon and following this path as a logical reason the Steelers win this week.

The Steelers will win this week. But I'm not using the Ravens 'wearing down' as my reason. The Steelers win this week because they will play better.

I think the Ravens are capable of putting together a good 60 minutes of football...but they were falling like flies last week. Also remember the Titans shot themselves in the foot all game. Part of it was the Ravens D but a big part of it was the Titans and dumb penalties...

reminded me of the Chargers vs. Pats* game... when the Chargers were the #1 seed. They kept giving the game away with dumb mistakes, trying to prove how tough they were.

I see us putting the Ravens away similar to the Chargers in the 3rd Quarter..

stlrz d
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome!

Jooser
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the Planet! :tt2

frankthetank1
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Their pass rush looked tired against the Titans. If they do that again against the Steelers the game shouldn't be close.

The one thing the Ravens do have though that should keep the game interesting is the ability to stop Willie Parker. Parker can not run against that Ravens defense...

i agree fwp needs to have a decent game. if the steelers cant run on the ravens then they will have problems. fwp doesnt usually have much success against the ravens but chris johnson ran all over the ravens. if the steelers limit turnovers and have success running the ball then i dont think it will be a very close game

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-14-2009, 02:17 PM

i agree fwp needs to have a decent game. if the steelers cant run on the ravens then they will have problems. fwp doesnt usually have much success against the ravens but chris johnson ran all over the ravens. if the steelers limit turnovers and have success running the ball then i dont think it will be a very close game

I hope BA has looked at that game lots and come up with good ideas.

Steeler Mafia
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM

I hope BA has looked at that game lots and come up with good ideas.

Those three words should never be put into the same sentance.

steelz09
01-14-2009, 02:27 PM
In my honest opinion, Chris Johnson has a little more shake 'n bake then what FWP does.

FWP has been running extremely hard, and looks to have that burst back but he must be able to make the first guy miss like Chris Johnson did to have success.

Watching the game, I noticed that CJ got to the perimeter and made that first guy piss, then he gained good yardage after that. If FWP can do the same, I think he'll have a good day against a very tough Raven's D.

stlrz d
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
In my honest opinion, Chris Johnson has a little more shake 'n bake then what FWP does.

FWP has been running extremely hard, and looks to have that burst back but he must be able to make the first guy miss like Chris Johnson did to have success.

Watching the game, I noticed that CJ got to the perimeter and made that first guy piss, then he gained good yardage after that. If FWP can do the same, I think he'll have a good day against a very tough Raven's D.

Typo of the day! :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM

:lol:

Blasphemy! Only James Harrison makes opposing players wet themselves!

Djfan
01-14-2009, 02:39 PM

Typo of the day! :lol:

I laughed on that one, too. Very cool!

countdraculaincleats
01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
cmon handshake... anyone who watched the ravies-titans game could see that the ravens looked flat and shouldnt have made it out of that game with a w. It will be interesting to see how flacco responds in his first afc championship game in PITTSBURGH. :tt2