PDA

View Full Version : An epic showdown looms in Pittsburgh

bthorn86
01-14-2009, 01:22 AM
An epic showdown looms in Pittsburgh

On Sunday, January 18th, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. eastern time the red hot Baltimore Ravens will go to battle against the Pittsburgh Steelers to decide who will play in Super Bowl XLIII. If you want to see two disciplined teams that will play every down like its their last this is your game. The Ravens are lead by the one and only Ray Lewis. Regarded as one of the 2 or 3 best linebackers to ever play the game, Lewis is the head of the fearsome Raven D. Teammates answer to him, opponents fear him. Another all-time great roams the secondary and that is none other then all-pro free safety Ed Reed. Reed had maybe his best year to date finishing with 41 tackles 1 sack 1 forced fumble and 9 interceptions, returning 2 for touchdowns while finishing 3rd in defensive player of the year votes. Aside from the two all-timers, this defense has some elite players in NT Haloti Ngata, LB Bart Scott, LB Terrell Suggs, and DE Trevor Pryce.

The offense is lead by rookie QB Joe Flacco(first rookie QB in history to win two playoff games) who has reminded many of a younger Ben Roethlisberger, rookie success, cannon
arm, great pocket presence, and the respect of his teammates. "I'm like a little kid watching him and the things he does," said LB Ray Lewis. Sunday's game for Baltimore i
believe will largely depend on how Flacco handles Pittsburgh's pass rush and more importantly, how all-pro FB La'Ron McClain's health is for the game. If McClain can go and plays effectively it will bring a lot of comfort to Flacco and the offense. If he can't go then RB Willis McGahee and rookie RB Ray Rice will have to carry the burden of running against the Steelers defense. Speaking of the Steelers run defense, last week they held the Chargers to 15 rushing yards, the 6th lowest total in NFL playoff history. So much for Darren Sproles being a factor like so many insisted, me not included....http://www.nfldraftdog.com/NFL%20Team%20Columns/pittsburgh_steelers_nfl_team_col.htm

Prediction- Pittsburgh 17 Baltimore 16

flippy
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Since this is a poll, I'll comment that I didn't read the whole thing.

I just read the part that was posted on this site.

I don't like posting part of an article and then making me go somewhere else for the rest. Just post the whole article and if I like it, maybe I'd start going to your site.

But I'm now less likely to go to your site because you tried to get me to go there in a sneaky way as opposed to a more authentic way that's based on my choosing because I liked your material.

But what I read was alright.

steelz09
01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
RAY RICE?

I thought he was injured?!?

bthorn86
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm not allowed to post an entire article on this forum, i did that before and was told not to. I'm not trying to be "sneaky" in anyway what so ever. I give a preview of the article i wrote and a link so you can read the whole thing, i do not benefit at all from this, i work for free and i do this cuz i love the game. So sorry you feel that way.
Ray Rice appeared in their last game against Tennessee.

feltdizz
01-14-2009, 02:58 PM

I don't like posting part of an article and then making me go somewhere else for the rest. Just post the whole article and if I like it, maybe I'd start going to your site.

But I'm now less likely to go to your site because you tried to get me to go there in a sneaky way as opposed to a more authentic way that's based on my choosing because I liked your material.

flippy just flipped.

flippy
01-14-2009, 06:27 PM

flippy just flipped.

sorry, didn't mean to be harsh.

i wanted to read the article but didn't want to click it.

i like to stay on one site and read my steelers info without jumping around.

my apologies for my comments bthorn86

SteelerNation1
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM

flippy just flipped.
Yeah, I like the old flippingburgers. http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/Ronald%20McDonald.jpg
This new version (in his sig) of flip is mean and scary! :D

stlrz d
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
This is an excellent mock draft!

http://www.smileyhut.com/dark_blue/Dark%20unsure.gif