PDA

View Full Version : Cards Sign Tuman

MeetJoeGreene
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
.... and now they have another Super Bowl XL player on their roster

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cardinalsmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns)

SidSmythe
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I always like TUMAN . . . another TE that became a run blocking TE . . . i'd rather have him than SPAETH.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello...TUMAN!!!

http://yaflamingalah.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/seinfeld6.jpg

DBinAL
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
You may like him better than Spaeth, but he was not worth what it would have cost the Steelers to keep him. Tuman's salary cap hit to the Steelers in 2007 was $1.5 million, Spaeth's was $473,000. Last year Tuman wasn't $1 million better than Spaeth.

This year Tuman's Cap Value is $934,440 while Spaeth's is only $564,300. Not worth the $400,000 difference.

If Tuman was so valuable, why did he only play in 3 games all year for the Cardinals before being released in December (3 catches, 41 yards)?

SidSmythe
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
You may like him better than Spaeth, but he was not worth what it would have cost the Steelers to keep him. Tuman's salary cap hit to the Steelers in 2007 was $1.5 million, Spaeth's was $473,000. Last year Tuman wasn't $1 million better than Spaeth.

This year Tuman's Cap Value is $934,440 while Spaeth's is only $564,300. Not worth the $400,000 difference.

If Tuman was so valuable, why did he only play in 3 games all year for the Cardinals before being released in December (3 catches, 41 yards)?

b/c he's not a pass catching TE. that offense is different than ours is.

Spaeth is soft and the Steelers don't use him in the passing game. Tuman is a far better run blocker, but i'm sure the Steelers were looking long term at Spaeth, so Tuman wasn't in the plan.

Mel Blount's G
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I def didn't like Tuman over Spaeth.

MeetJoeGreene
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
What we really need is the return of Matt Kranchick!!!!

:Boobs :wft :tt1

DBinAL
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM

b/c he's not a pass catching TE. that offense is different than ours is.

Spaeth is soft and the Steelers don't use him in the passing game. Tuman is a far better run blocker, but i'm sure the Steelers were looking long term at Spaeth, so Tuman wasn't in the plan.

Then why did the Cardinals spend $900,000+ on a player that doesn't fit their system? Makes no sense.

feltdizz
01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I bet Tuman could push a DE further back then Miller and Spaeth could on a double team.

and AZ needs help with Philly's rush...

eniparadoxgma
01-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I always like TUMAN . . . another TE that became a run blocking TE . . . i'd rather have him than SPAETH.

What?

Spaeth can block and is a great pass catcher...

Spaeth>Tuman fo rizzle

kindlecatsb'ng
01-13-2009, 06:47 PM

I met Matt Kranchick about 3 months ago in OH as he was working for a medical orthopedic equipment company. He couldn't believe that I knew who he was. He noticed my Steelers lunch bag in our lounge while waiting for the case to start. My lanyard (for my ID badge) is a Pittsburgh Steelers so we talked a few minutes about football.

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
As much as I liked having Tuman on the team as the board's Michigan homer, we have much better TE talent now. How many ex-Steelers are on that team now, 15, 20? Seems like it anyway.

MeetJoeGreene
01-14-2009, 12:15 AM

I met Matt Kranchick about 3 months ago in OH as he was working for a medical orthopedic equipment company. He couldn't believe that I knew who he was. He noticed my Steelers lunch bag in our lounge while waiting for the case to start. My lanyard (for my ID badge) is a Pittsburgh Steelers so we talked a few minutes about football.

That is too funny!! He was probably the 6th round draft choice that generated the most threads on TL.

feltdizz
01-14-2009, 10:57 AM

What?

Spaeth>Tuman fo rizzle

in the passing game sure... but when we were beyotching about the running game guess
who was usually getting blown up or pushed back? Spaeth

I sure hope we teach Spaeth how to block cause he has great hands...

schillah
01-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I wish we would use Spaeth's height to our advantage

eniparadoxgma
01-14-2009, 05:46 PM

What?

Spaeth>Tuman fo rizzle

in the passing game sure... but when we were beyotching about the running game guess
who was usually getting blown up or pushed back? Spaeth

I sure hope we teach Spaeth how to block cause he has great hands...

Dunno, mane.

I haven't sat and watched him run block during a game or anything, but I remember talk about him having really good blocking skills before we drafted him. I also have heard talk in the last year about him being a good blocker.

Of course this is all hearsay though. As I said, I haven't really noticed him blocking one way or another.

Do we have to run out of a 2 TE set?