PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Predictions - Week 3 - Championship Games

flippy
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I've been 7-1 so far in my playoff picks so, I'm gonna keep this thing going.

Philly - 27
Cards - 24

This is a tough game for me to call. I'm big on Arizona this season. But I'm even more impressed with Philly's Defense. Their combination of secondary and pass rush will create some problems for the AZ offense. The AZ defense will fight to keep this close, but Philly is just too much. I'll be rooting for AZ in the upset, but my gut tells me they don't have enough to get over the hump.

Steelers - 27
Baltimore - 13

This is gonna be a domination. The rookie QB and head coach are overmatched. Baltimore will have a major let down after beating Tennessee. Flacco is gonna have to throw for Baltimore to have a chance. It's gonna lead to a ton of mistakes. Baltimore is too tired for a healthy Willie Parker who seems to have a fresh spring to his step.

Didn't you all know after seeing Philly's defense the first time around that it was the defense we were gonna see come the SuperBowl?

Glad we lost that one. Cause we're winning the next.....

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!

Oviedo
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Philly 24
'zona 20

Steelers 24
'birds 13

All Pennsylavania Super Bowl with Steelers winning that one.

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm .500 now remarkably, after going 1-3 the first round I bounced back nicely. And since I picked Eagles v. Steelers at the beginning of the season, I will continue with that theory.

Eagles 27-Cards 23

Steelers 23-Rats 10

ANPSTEEL
01-13-2009, 03:20 PM
If Bouldin plays-
AZ 31
PHI 26

PIT 26
BAL 13

proudpittsburgher
01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
OK, so I flubbed a bit last week, following up my 3-1 record with a 2-2 plumett. Sitting at 5-3, I humbly submit my championship game predictions. I could care less if I go 1-1 this time out, as long as I get the correct 1. :tt1

Steelers 17, Baltimore 6
Joe Flacco, as much as the pundants want to praise him the best rookie Qb ever, looked very pedestrian against the Steelers in both meetings, and didn't look all that great against Tennessee. In the second game against the Steelers, it looks as if th Ravens coaching staff tried to hide him as best as they could behind their running game. I hope that wasn't a part of a plan to not show too much in a potential playoff rematch. He's not bad, mind you, but I think the Steelers defense is going to give him fits on Sunday night. At least one of those scores is going to be defensive, or at the very least, setting us up in prime field position for a score. We will put this game away midway through the fourth quarter, but it will be very tight throughout. Not my favorite way to watch a Steelers game.

Cardinals 35, Eagles 28
This is going to be a really good game. The Cards will not run on the Eagles, but that will lead to a shootout, which Phily doesn't want to get into. Once the Cards start putting up points, the Eagles will have to scrap their run game and duke it out through the air, and that will be their undoing. I had Arizona in the upset week one, and I'm going with it again this week.

Ozey74
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm really pulling for Arizona in the NFC. The seem to be hitting a remarkable stride at the right time. The Cards will win at home. If this game was in Philly, I'd have to go with Philly.

For the 2 weeks after Sunday, we will have a LONG 2 WEEKS until The Steelers play the Cards. The storyline of Whiz vs the Steelers will be fun to watch.

:tt2

Steelhere10
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
steelers 20ravens 6eagles 24cards 14